Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Dancer posted:

Question how many of you peeps also play board games?

I've been pondering for a while to run a Survivor style thing, where most of the challenges would be board game related.

I play board games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Dancer posted:

I've been pondering for a while to run a Survivor style thing, where most of the challenges would be board game related.

presign

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Popcon is a good game, even if anarc betrayed me and then refuses to recognize it :colbert:

But seriously, it’s like Diplomacy. A backstab is gonna come, just how it goes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

I don't know what you mean, but count me in.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The dark truth of popcon is that goons have boring and conservative game mindsets

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i want more praise for my pop corn con comic

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The dark truth of popcon is that goons have boring and conservative game mindsets

Not true, I want to nationalize mafia

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

kc laughed at it for a bit and said her favourite part was popcorn labeled as popcon and it being thrown

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
thank you kc and i am glad you are now my facebook friend

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I play board games to the extent that I hope wren’s cats jump on the board

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Your Personal Muse posted:

Not true, I want to nationalize mafia

seize the means of popduction

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

Also popcorn was the most chillest game Ive ever been in on the forum. I think you all played it wrong.

No it sucked.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I play bored games.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Running a mafia game. To join you have to pm me here or on discord.

It'll be running entirely on discord, using anonymous accounts. You will have to sign into a separate discord account from your normal one to play. I'll provide the accounts.

The game's working title is Brockton 8, it is set on mars. You are a group of researchers for a space company named Neutron Ultra. Things have gone bad real quick. Will have strange mechanics.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

is that legit or are our jokes escalating?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yes this is a real soft announcement

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Comic good

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
To celebrate page 1860, the first 8 to quote this post will be told which notable event from the year 1860 they are

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

To celebrate page 1860, the first 8 to quote this post will be told which notable event from the year 1860 they are
Okay me!

But also what if I'm the first to quote eight times?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

BottleKnight posted:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

i enjoy anime busb

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

its true

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

BottleKnight posted:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

BottleKnight posted:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

BottleKnight posted:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I hope im the founding of vladivostok

Dancer
May 23, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

First!

Well, close enough at least.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I still need some people to sign up for Scooby Doo 2 Mafia!

Here's the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868655

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I could use a replacement for Pokemon mafia. Please hit me up on discord or PM if interested.

Problem resolved.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 14, 2018

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

I am past 8 I believe but, much like my home state in the 1860s, I’m not playing by your rules :colbert:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

This sounds cool.

TMMadman posted:

Here's the thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868655

Also this.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

King Burgundy posted:

This sounds cool.

Also this.

Yes, only 6 more spots to go!

I'd love to start the game on Sunday afternoon and have a nice Tuesday evening deadline for D1!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Sorry for the delay, I totally forgot I did this lol

hambeet posted:

Okay me!

But also what if I'm the first to quote eight times?

On October 18th, the first Convention of Peking formally ends the Second Opium War.

On April 9th, French typesetter Édouard-Léon Scott de Martinville sings the French folk song Au clair de la lune to his phonautograph, producing the world's earliest known sound recording (however, it is not rediscovered until 2008).

Fish & Chips were served for the first time together in 1860.

On March 9th, the first Japanese ambassadors to the United States arrive in San Francisco.

On September 1st, a solar coronal mass ejection hits Earth's magnetosphere, and induces one of the largest geomagnetic storms on record.

On February 22nd, Shoe-making workers in Lynn, Massachusetts, strike successfully for higher wages. The strike spreads throughout New England, and eventually involves 20,000 workers.

On- hey!! you can't fool me!!!!

Dancer posted:

First!

Well, close enough at least.

On July 9th the Nightingale Training School and Home for Nurses, the first nursing school based on the ideas of Florence Nightingale, is opened at St Thomas' Hospital in London.

chaoslord posted:

I am past 8 I believe but, much like my home state in the 1860s, I’m not playing by your rules :colbert:

On November 6th, Abraham Lincoln beats John C. Breckinridge, Stephen A. Douglas, and John Bell, and is elected as the 16th President of the United States, the first Republican to hold that office.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dancer posted:

board games rule

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

bowmore posted:

board games rule

much like u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

much like u
:o: