Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Game: Wild Wild West
System: Dungeon World
Format: Discord
Players: 5-6
Description: It's Dungeon World, but it's in the Wild West! Your adventurers who've chosen to brave the lawless wastelands to forge your own destiny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Game: The Crash
System: Homebrew based loosely on BitD
Format: Hybrid PbP/Discord
Players 5
Description: Once the universe was bright, vital, beautiful. An ancient clockwork built by the creators in the time before anyone could speak, or even think. Then came the Crash. The universe suffered a massive failure, killing almost all life and destroying the order of things. You are one of the five deities who survived by sheer luck. There is nothing left but ruins and ash.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Game: The Divided States of America
System: GURPS for special ops, freeform roleplay for base work
Format: Hybrid PbP/Discord or Maptools
Players: Unlimited (special ops limited to about 5)
Description: World War II went on longer than expected and involved a lot more nukes. It's now 1955. The world is in chaos, the United States has broken up, and you're forming your own Outer Heaven to make the most of it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Game: The Great American Grail War
System: PDQ
Players: 7
Description: Set in an alternate universe of Type Moon's Fate series, seven less than stellar magi compete to claim a wish from the Holy Grail.

Pink Panther
May 18, 2017

Game: Come Be A Demon In Hell
Players: Unlimited
Description: It's the afterlife and you're a native resident. You job is to keep the deceased in line and stop them from escaping. Of course, if you do the right things you might be able to escape yourself and that would be lovely wouldn't it?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: Written in Red
System: Vampire: the Requiem 2nd edition
Format: Virtual Tabletop (Roll20)
Players: 5 (one slot open)
Description: Collaboratively-built sandbox, staying true to the goal of personal horror. Players & Storyteller collectively write the secret history of the city with Microscope, then build a coterie (possibly using Climbing the Ladder), then run rampant through their creation.

Sessions will be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday starting at 7 PM PST.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Game: Ongoing Adventurer's League Content Campaign
System: D&D 5e
Players: 3-7
Description: Ongoing campaign of D&D 5e Adventurer's League content including hardcovers, adventure modules, and intro stories. Starting with Lost Mine of Phandelver, play is at an easy pace, non tactical, but with lots of visual supplements.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

hexwren posted:

Game: Twenty Player poo poo-Talking Candy Land
System: Candy Land
Players: 20
Format: PbP
Description: ...it's Candy Land. For 20 people. Who shitpost and trash-talk about each other relentlessly while the game goes on.

Because why not?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Game: A Hobbit, an Elf, and a Man walk into Mirkwood
System: The One Ring
Format: PBP/Discord
Players: 4-6
Description: A The One Ring campaign set five years after the Battle of Five Armies and will follow the adventures of a Fellowship of soon-to-be heroes as the lights of the Wilderlands to the north of Gondor dim.

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Game: Skullworld
System: Apocalypse World 2e
Player #: 5+
Hook: A world full of skeletons and metal album cover landscapes

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: We have 6 at present, with no real limit on how many newbies we can take at once (though it might be slower if 5 or 6 people show up at once...)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders! In longer terms, we're a mix of Star Trek "simming" (in writing style), political drama (a la "West Wing", in that we don't just explore foreign policy, we explore domestic policy to a degree, and the personal existences of our main characters, the heads of government), wargame (this on more of a "pinch of salt" level), and sometimes technothriller. (Proportions vary and the mix is very much a shifting one over time.)

Other stuff to note: Countries taken are listed on the how to join page at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

Otherwise, if you're looking for "countries we really suggest" if you have no clue: Currently, we could really use a Germany, and possibly Japan. We need a Germany somewhat urgently, as some IC-generated plot stuff is waiting on there being a German player. Other potentially neat-but-untaken countries are Brazil, Canada, and Ireland.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a PM. They ping my email so I get back to em pretty quick. If you don't have PMs, never fear. Send an email to wargms2@gmail.com and one of us (the two co-GMs) will do our best to respond as soon as possible.

Spacewolf fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Aug 31, 2018

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Game: Millennials Are Killing Superheroics!
System: Masks
Players: 3-5
Description: It's Masks, hewing pretty closely to the core setting and assumptions. The specific themes and challenges will be shaped by the team that forms!

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Game: The Savage Frontier
System: D&D 5E
Players: 6
Description: Players, starting at level 5, will be responsible for rebuilding and saving a decaying Adventurers Guild in the Sword Coast.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Game: Survival of the Fittest
System: Shadow of the Demon Lord
Format: Roll20/Discord
Players: 4 (two slots open)
Description: A friend of mine is looking to run a Shadow of the Demon Lord game, from 0 to 10th level. Looking to play every other Sunday at 7 PM Central, starting July 29th.

Infinite Oregano
Dec 31, 2007

I'm going to make my friends eat infinite oregano and they'll have to do it because the recipe says so!

Infinite Oregano posted:

Game: No Sense of Right and Wrong
System: Dungeon World
Players: 3-6

Description:
Wizards! Warlocks! Sorcerers! Witches! Magical workers of all kinds! You really messed things up this time! Now it's your responsibility to fix things, either that or bicker and squabble, and perform self-serving tasks for your own societies like you've always done but this time under the pretence that you're actually helping!

Game: No Sense of Right and Wrong
System Dungeon World
Format: Discord PbP
Players: 1-2
Update: The game is moving to Discord PbP rather than traditional PbP, but also we are looking for two players to refill our ranks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Game: Reborn on Another World
System: Strike!

Strike! game with worldbuilding made by the players. Play as an Isekai hero doing shenanigans on fantasy world!

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: The Forest
System: Apocalypse World
Players: 4
Description: A great big Forest has covered the entire world, and the trees of it grow insanely fast. But there are far more uses for axes and chainsaws then cutting down tress in the post Apocalypse.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Game: Crisis on Alternate Halycons
Description: More Masks, more problems.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Game: Digimon (Campaign title TBD)
System: Some stuff I wrote myself.
Format: PbP (Discord recommended for communication purposes)
Description: Save the Digital World and also learn about friendship with your Digital Monster buddies.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Game: Superpowered Popularity Contest
System: Popularity Contest
Format: PbP but discord is highly recommended to have a chance
Players: 22
Description: Does political bullshit not have enough bullshit for you? Are silly games not anxiety provoking enough? Well oh boy do I have the perfect game for your soon to be burnt-out rear end. 40 dollar prize for winning.

Emmideer fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Aug 4, 2018

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Game: Outsiders: Grey Mist Gods [PDQ] - Recruitment
Game system: PDQ
Format: Forums PbP
Players: 6-ish
Description: You were a very minor god or the equivalent taken from your realm, universe, and reality. For all intents and purposes within your terrestrial homelands you had secured a corner of the multiverse that was yours and now you and six other players will discover each other and a strange new universe to explore and experience.
Our discord: #ohgod on discord

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: The Burning Plague
Game System: Pathfinder 2 Playtest
Format: roll20 + VOIP
Players: 4-ish
Description: I'm planning to run the PF2 playtest, for at least 4 hours, with a level 1 party, in a fairly direct dungeon crawl, to get a feel for the game. Note: the playtest expects players to build their own characters.
Schedule:

Contact: PM me through SA, or through my discord at gradenko #6463

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Game: Road War
Format: PBP
Players: 4-5
Description: Blood, fire, chrome, gasoline, and bullets. Drive fast, shoot guns, be sexy.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

Game: 13th Age - Journeys of the Issiden Adventurers' Guild
System: 13th Age
Format: Discord + Roll20 (We play every Saturday from Noon to 4 PM PST)
Players: Looking for 1-3 replacement players
Description: I need a few players to step in as we enter the final leg of this campaign. You'll be rolling up Level 7 characters for this homebrew game. You are an adventurer who's just joined the Issiden Adventurers' Guild run by Saphira Steelscales. A respectably sized bar / guild hall near the harbors of Issiden. You'll join up with our adventurers as they search for The Staff of Many, a mystical item dating back ages.

We are a newbie friendly game. This game is as rules and numbers light as I can make it because I'm new to GMing and hate rules. Join us.

Edit: Feel free to hit me up on discord I'm BClip#3652

We got some peeps.

BallisticClipboard fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 22, 2018

Banana Man
Oct 2, 2015

mm time 2 gargle piss and shit
Game: Skullworld
Player #: 5+
Hook: A world full of skeletons and metal album cover landscapes

Probe 17
Jul 27, 2014

Red Rain is coming down

Red Rain
Game: Fletcher Memorial
Player #: 4-6
Description: In a city full of superheroes, a shadowy organization is abducting the oldest and the most experienced! Now the youngest generation is forced to deal with the mounting chaos.

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/JFy9mlD.mp4

System: Homebrew
Format: CYOA / Godgame Hybrid
Players: Five gods but other people can also affect the outcomes.

The Godgame Above/Below returns from hiatus with a large update. I haven't checked but I'm relatively confident calling this the biggest single piece of content seen in the tradgames forum.

The god recruitment is open, come throw d100s!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Game: The September Procession
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4E (epic tier)
Players: 1 or 2
Description: A disaster of cosmic scope has befallen the multiverse, and the PCs are the only ones who can maybe avert it! They're about to plunge into the Astral Sea on a captured githyanki battleship in search of an imprisoned deity, and some reinforcements would not go amiss right about now…

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 14, 2018

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Game: A Fistful of Damnation
System: ORE
Format: PbP, with a supplementary Discord channel
Players: A few. Exact number will depend on few organizational factors.
Description: Deep within the wild frontiers of the west, a man offers to fulfill your wildest dreams if you're willing to bet your soul at a poker table.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: Into the Darkness
Game System: GURPS 4th Edition
Format: roll20 + VOIP
Players: 2 to 4
Description: a dungeon crawling experience with a different system that I'd like to try
Schedule: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=GURPS+game&iso=20180922T10&p1=145&ah=4

Contact: Game thread here, PM me through SA, or through my discord at gradenko #6463

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Game: Salem
System: Monsterhearts 1e
Players: 4

Description: You're a high schooler in junior year in a regular old boring town. But you're also secretly a monster, and not the only one.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

Game: Neon Future S&V
System: Scum & Villainy
Format: PbP (+ Discord)
Players: 4-5
Description: '80s sci-fi and synthwave inspired space opera

Lunatic Pathos
May 16, 2004

I shouldn't tell you this but you're the only one I can trust...
Game: Fortunes & Fools
System: Torchbearer
Format: roll20, at least Audio
Players: 5-6

Description: Classic dungeon hacking red box D&D style, with more modern system focused on consequences, resource management, and failing forward. Crunchy but narrative. Fairly bog-standard hard-luck fantasy for starters, will develop as we go along.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Game: Masks: Keystone Bay
Format: Play-by-Discord (with forum thread chargen)
Players: 4?
Description: Be a teenage hero in a city where 'a wizard did it' is a plausible explanation for almost anything!

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Game: Dresden Files, New Orleans
System: DFRPG converted to Atomic Robo
Format: Play by Post, using Google docs and Discord to supplement.
Players: Currently 4, looking for a 5th.
Description: DF:Nawlins has wrapped its 3rd full campaign and we're looking for a replacement player. FATE experience is preferred but not mandatory, having read at least the first Dresden Files book would also be preferable. Liking Urban Fantasy is a must.

This is a high-level game as it has been going since 2012, and I’m looking for frequent posting ability (2-3 times a week) and communication on discord. While you're not required to read the entire thread, it's a good idea to give it a look and see if what we're doing is something you'd like to be part of.

I’d like recruits to have a character pitch in mind, just a basic one. The theme of the thread is “Lawbreakers of New Orleans” but as the game has gone on I’ve loosened that requirement. My one ban is no evil vampires, other than that you can pitch what you’d like, but do be aware you’re in a party with four wizards and should be strong enough to hang out with them, and you should probably have some kind of past problem that won’t leave you alone because it makes for good drama.

The OP of the thread has lots of handy links and character bios so you can see where you’d fit into our band of misfits.

Our Obsidian Portal page is HERE. (I like art. Your character will probably be drawn.)
Link to Discord is HERE. Come say hello! This is where you pitch your character idea and meet everyone. See you soon!

mistaya fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 9, 2018

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Game: The Hapan Connection
System: FFG Star Wars (mainly Edge of the Empire)
Format: Discord live game, weekend afternoons EST, specific schedule TBD by players.
Description:
A one-off campaign in which you'll play members of a small shipping company based out of Corellia, tasked with a shipment job that could be lucrative as hell, but also could be risky and dangerous. Along the way you'll have to take some random jobs to help pay the way. While your company is a legitimate company that does legal work on paper, some moral flexibility may be an asset (or hindrance, depending) for the job.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Game: Holding Out For A Hero
System: LANCER
Format: CYOA
Players: more the merrier
Description:
A new Core world wants to smash a pirate problem before it can embarass them in front of the galactic powers. They just need a mech pilot to be the spearhead, and you've volunteered.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Game: Heroes of the Empire
Players: 5
Description: By popular demand, it's more Masks! Play a teenage superhero in a steampunk city where, just as in regular adolescent life, everything is really complicated all of the time.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there was 0 interest

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Geist: The SIn Eaters: Chicago Dead
System: Geist: The Sin Eaters
Players: 3-4
Description: You're dead in Chicago. Luckily for you despite being dead you can still walk around, talk, and generally do everything a living person can thanks to making a deal with a Geist. You're not going to waste your second shot at life though. Get involved with the dead of Chicago along with the mortals who work with them and exploit them. Be prepared to deal with occult weirdness and plenty of weirdos.