Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Admiral Bosch posted:

Went on a climbing adventure in Wyoming over Labor Day weekend and I brought myself a delicious Baltic treat to the crag.

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Nice titanium spork

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer
Had Tapatio KOs for the first time today. They're amazing and the best of the sauced dines so I ordered a case on amazon plus tiny tots, mustard KOs and a couple jars of Riga sprats since they seem incredibly convenient. If you like hot sauce on dines at all then just get a shitload of the tapatio ones because wow they're good. Hot and vinegar-y.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
an avocado mashed up in some mashed up Season brand dines is just SO GODDAMN GOOD

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

pahuyuth posted:

an avocado mashed up in some mashed up Season brand dines is just SO GODDAMN GOOD

:hmmyes:

put it on some buttered sourdough toast and then you've got one of the best lunches there is. I like to put some arugula/rocket on top to make it perfect

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Sep 18, 2018

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

I just discovered my inner dine and kipper love. I decided to go with Polar Kipper snacks to start, and man those are tasty. I ended up ordering some KO Tapatio and Matiz gallego dines with peppers after opening a tin. Is there a brand of dine or kipper that goes heavier on the smoke flavor?

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Communist Q posted:

I just discovered my inner dine and kipper love. I decided to go with Polar Kipper snacks to start, and man those are tasty. I ended up ordering some KO Tapatio and Matiz gallego dines with peppers after opening a tin. Is there a brand of dine or kipper that goes heavier on the smoke flavor?

spraaaaatttsssss

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Weltlich posted:

spraaaaatttsssss

Sprats indeed. They are basically smoke in the shape of a fish.

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

and that man's name? ENRICO FERMI

Communist Q posted:

Come; sit on papa's lap, I'll feed you sprats from the jar

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

craving some smoked oysters

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Big Beef City posted:

I got these while in Chicago.
I said "Ok"

These were surprisingly 'meh' btw. None of the additional flavor I was expecting. I doused them with additional lemon and they were 'alright', would probably not 'dine again.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bad news. mackrel are fighting back.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-25/woman-cut-by-fish-in-northern-territory-mackerel-neck/10301902

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ahhhh poo poo i forgot the smoked oysters!!!

naem
May 29, 2011

:black101::coolfish:

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

The danger just makes them more delicious. Like eating fugu, but made by an apprentice.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Communist Q posted:

Polars are the only kippers I can find without preservatives. Apparently salting, smoking, and canning something just isn't enough.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYB_0pW94-E

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/crcv46S.mp4

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

that's a good kitty.
all my kitties suck compared to that cat.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBPHFD_SUDc

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
Work til midnite, get home, mostly empty fridge. This calls for a fuckin' sandwich

KO mediterranean 'dines, avocado, cream cheese, dab of mayo and some good hot sauce, sweat some red onion, toast some sourdough in the oniony/buttery pan after

gently caress yeah, next time I think some garlic too for the bad breath trifecta

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
:chanpop:

That'd be like $20 at a restaurant and a reason to put on your tombstone as to why you never owned a house.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Lathespin.gif posted:

Work til midnite, get home, mostly empty fridge. This calls for a fuckin' sandwich

KO mediterranean 'dines, avocado, cream cheese, dab of mayo and some good hot sauce, sweat some red onion, toast some sourdough in the oniony/buttery pan after

gently caress yeah, next time I think some garlic too for the bad breath trifecta

Holy poo poo

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

That looks amazing!

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Lathespin.gif posted:

Stuff like this is why this is the best thread on SA.

And stealing this recipe. Won't even give due credit.

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You need to open up a restaurant.

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Lathespin.gif posted:

god wept, for he saw that his light was diminished by the burning radiance of the sardinacado sandwich

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

If you aren't in a dineationship you aren't doing it right

Made us some home made caesar salad dressing + croutons on salad with anchovy, and then scrambled egg with KO Mediterranean dines

Caesar dressing and home made croutons is so goddamn easy; never getting store bought of either again

indyrenegade fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Oct 6, 2018

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

indyrenegade posted:

If you aren't in a dineationship you aren't doing it right

Made us some home made caesar salad dressing + croutons on salad with anchovy, and then scrambled egg with KO Mediterranean dines

Caesar dressing and home made croutons is so goddamn easy; never getting store bought of either again

that looks bomb as gently caress

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
holy gently caress that looks delicious

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Stealing that recipe for this week’s meals.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

go heavy on the chovy paste for top tier caesar dressing

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

GOOD DRUNK SNACK

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

minces aux légumes

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

MINCES AUX LÉGUMES

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Man ive forgotten about my love of canned fish, and then found this thread, gonna get me some fish next time im at the store.

Also whats the deal with the dad jokes? Because i am a dad, but damned if im gonna eat them over the sink in underwear, thats what robes are for (pro dad move would recommend if you havent tried it).

indyrenegade
Apr 5, 2018

Tnuctip posted:

Also whats the deal with the dad jokes? Because i am a dad, but damned if im gonna eat them over the sink in underwear, thats what robes are for (pro dad move would recommend if you havent tried it).

Do it

One of us, one of us

Edit: we also have tons of recipes and cooking suggestions upthread!

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

indyrenegade posted:

Do it

One of us, one of us

Edit: we also have tons of recipes and cooking suggestions upthread!

Thats a going commando reference, what else is a dad robe for?

Also yes need to read up on recipies. For what its worth, if youve never had smoked whitefish then you havent lived.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Came here to brag, forgot pics though. Made a sandwich on butter toasted sourdough with guac, sauteed red onions and sundried tomatoes with like a tablespoon of garlic, shaved parm and asiago, hot sauce, and a can of sardines in oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Had some Puresea brisling in tomato sauce. Fish seemed fine, the tomato sauce was grossly sweet, like spaghetti-os. Managed to make them tolerable by adding some hot sauce, garlic powder and black pepper and eating them on sourdough toast. Definitely not buying them again.