Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. That sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

To all the new Josh Gordon owners. Get used to it!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
But...this, this is different; right?

From before?

:ohdear:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

From before?

Hamstring? Yeah that's different.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
huh, seems like they should've did what they said and kept him on a snap count. lolbrowns

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Suave Fedora posted:

From before?

Hamstrung-out

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Now watch; “Harm String” is probably some new strain of marijuana and the reporter confused it with a lower body injury.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!
I'm looking at my flex spot and I'm holding Bllal Powell, Jarvis Landry, Marlon Mack, and Leonard Fournette. Powell is the only one not coming off an injury but I'm thinking Landry will play and the other two won't. Do I make take the safe bet and play Powell, or risk it with Landry? Or am I writing off Mack or Fournette prematurely? For what it's worth Powell is going against Miami and Landry is going against New Orleans. I don't know the teams well enough to know who is expected to get more time with the ball.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jarvis Landry is healthy and going go get eleventy billion targets against a defense that had 4 passing TDs dropped on it last weekend. Mack is in a gnarly timeshare if he plays and Fournette probably isn't going go play. Powell's situation is also a timeshare.

Jarvis all day.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Jarvis for sure.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Baldwin ruled out

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nothing like losing Bobby Wagner and Deion Jones from the same IDP team :waycool:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

Baldwin ruled out

Finally.

I have 2 IR spots in my league. I have Baldwin and Olsen in them now, but Bobby Wagner has just been ruled out. Is it worth dropping Olsen to hang on to Wagner? Or should I just drop Wagner and get a replacement?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Greg Olsen's dead my guy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spoeank posted:

Greg Olsen's dead my guy

I dropped him for Hunter Henry in my SFB8 team.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

RCarr posted:

Finally.

I have 2 IR spots in my league. I have Baldwin and Olsen in them now, but Bobby Wagner has just been ruled out. Is it worth dropping Olsen to hang on to Wagner? Or should I just drop Wagner and get a replacement?

Drop Olsen, definitely hold Wagner.

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

Spoeank posted:

Jarvis Landry is healthy and going go get eleventy billion targets against a defense that had 4 passing TDs dropped on it last weekend. Mack is in a gnarly timeshare if he plays and Fournette probably isn't going go play. Powell's situation is also a timeshare.

Jarvis all day.

Thanks, I'll throw him in then. Out of ignorance, what do you mean by they are a timeshare?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Ughhhhh

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Kamakaze9 posted:

Thanks, I'll throw him in then. Out of ignorance, what do you mean by they are a timeshare?

There's multiple RBs getting work for the team.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

With Rodgers questionable for tomorrow, I've got my eye on a replacement on the wire, but the problem is I don't know who to drop. we have short benches in this league. also no IR slot, so I can't stash Alshon there. Thoughts?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Sep 15, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

With Rodgers questionable for tomorrow, I've got my eye on a replacement on the wire, but the problem is I don't know who to drop. we have short benches in this league. also no IR slot, so I can't stash Alshon there. Thoughts?

It’s between Aaron Jones and Royce Freeman (leaning Freeman), for me. I feel like you should be holding onto Alshon for WR depth and you have enough backup RBs in your flex positions.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I lost Freeman and my bench RBs are hilarious so gently caress it, I'm going with Mack.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'd want to see that Denver backfield in action again before cutting Freeman. Jones is probably the cut of you have to drop someone.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Maybe I should take new Orleans in my survivor league this week

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Maybe I should take new Orleans in my survivor league this week

Careful, they hosed me in the rear end last week.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kamakaze9 posted:

There usually multiple running backs that get carries or targets on a given team. Very few get the vast majority or all (Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell). Most of the time a back gets 75% of the touches if they are a "lead back."

In the modern NFL, teams are moving to running back by committee (RBBC) which means two or three guys are splitting the roles and volume. As it gets to one back getting 60% of the touches or so, it usually gets labeled a timeshare.

For example, Bilal Powell shares with Isaiah Crowell. Their week one split up like this:
Powell: 24 snaps, 12 rushes, 2 targets (14 opportunities)
Crowell: 24 snaps, 10 rushes, 0 targets (10 opportunities)

A third guy named Trent Cannon got carries, but that game was a weird blowout so he can be mostly ignored. You can see that Powell & Crowell split their snaps evenly, and split the opportunities between then 14 Powell (58.3%), 10 Crowell (41.7%). A 60/40 split is a pretty much textbook definition timeshare.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Matt Zerella posted:

Careful, they hosed me in the rear end last week.

Oh I know. Nearly a third of our league was out on that alone.

Is Hopkins going to be a game time decision?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Pick two:

James white vs Jax
Rex burkhead vs Jax
Jamaal William's vs Vikings
Royce Freeman vs Denver

Kamakaze9
Jun 11, 2005
Hey you guys!!

Spoeank posted:

There usually multiple running backs that get carries or targets on a given team. Very few get the vast majority or all (Gurley, Ezekiel Elliott, Melvin Gordon, David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell). Most of the time a back gets 75% of the touches if they are a "lead back."

In the modern NFL, teams are moving to running back by committee (RBBC) which means two or three guys are splitting the roles and volume. As it gets to one back getting 60% of the touches or so, it usually gets labeled a timeshare.

For example, Bilal Powell shares with Isaiah Crowell. Their week one split up like this:
Powell: 24 snaps, 12 rushes, 2 targets (14 opportunities)
Crowell: 24 snaps, 10 rushes, 0 targets (10 opportunities)

A third guy named Trent Cannon got carries, but that game was a weird blowout so he can be mostly ignored. You can see that Powell & Crowell split their snaps evenly, and split the opportunities between then 14 Powell (58.3%), 10 Crowell (41.7%). A 60/40 split is a pretty much textbook definition timeshare.

Great explanation, thanks!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Rex Burkhead questionable with concussion. Fire up your James Whites's.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Josh Gordon being released lol

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Boosh! posted:

Josh Gordon being released lol

Good loving lord.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao Browns

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Hahahahahahahahaha BROWNS

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Wait what.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I called it in training camp. That whole story about staying away from the team during camp to work on his mental health or whatever was code for “I’m gonna keep doing drugs.”

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Lmao forever at Gordon

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If he was doing drugs why wouldn't they say so?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
What the gently caress?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

Now watch; “Harm String” is probably some new strain of marijuana and the reporter confused it with a lower body injury.

Self quoting myself forever