Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Quavers posted:

Fake and/or illegal revenue stream.

Increasingly ludicrous. If they had released in 2014, I would think that graph was suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

The Titanic posted:

Well, I guess if you want to get rid of my brand of uninformed insight based off of zero influence and no inside knowledge, and my unique brand of humor not everybody agrees to.

I guess that'd be a way to get rid of me! :doh:

Keep doing what you're doing

(Full Glassdoor report coming later)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Morphix posted:

the movie is probably stuck in distributor hell

as in they either can't find one who is willing to work with them, or they found one and wrote such a poo poo deal, that the distributor is now holding the thing hostage until contractual agreements are met.

This clusterfuck of a "film" will end up on the Lifetime channel like all the rest of Eric Roberts poo poo.

But as the OP said, I can't find when this disaster is actually getting released.

Citcon
Aug 31, 2018

by R. Guyovich
The funding chart has to mostly real otherwise they'd be literally out of business. Don't goon yourselves on this.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

The Titanic posted:

Well, I guess if you want to get rid of my brand of uninformed insight based off of zero influence and no inside knowledge, and my unique brand of humor not everybody agrees to.

I guess that'd be a way to get rid of me! :doh:

Uninformed!? So Chris isn't demoing his game at CitCon?

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Citcon posted:

The funding chart has to mostly real otherwise they'd be literally out of business. Don't goon yourselves on this.

Funding chart? More like laundry bill, if you catch my somethin' somethin'.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

BluesShaman posted:

I helped fund Broken Age, and it was mediocre.

Because I didn't learn my lesson, I helped fund Psychonauts 2.

According to the citizens' law of funding, Psychonauts 2 should be the BDTSGE (Best drat Tim Schaefer Game Ever).

Please stop crowdfunding things. Everybody else too, thanks in advance.

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

extremely legitimate revenue dot png

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Aqua Seafoam Shame posted:

Uninformed!? So Chris isn't demoing his game at CitCon?

That's the only 100% confirmed bit of info I got from somebody very high at the top. Confirmed by many other high level players.

100% expect Chris Roberts to be playing his magnum opus with his adoring fans, and show them a thing or two about space flying games! :grin:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Is Dennis still there?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Somebody needs to pass that on to Derek so he can magnify it. Top tier information, and definitely not something backers should miss.

It was part of the pay per view item initially, as a surprise to the public who chose to pay for the opportunity to view the stream. Naturally the reason for not outputting directly was because CR demanded he get a team who knows how to play the game with him so they can put that on YouTube. Nobody wants to see an unskilled team play it, so only the team with enough skill will get into the final reel.

Remember, the last part of the mission before the next group is, if they can make it, jumping off of a cliff into a waiting ships open hatch. Lots of team work and trust and skill involved. The people who really want to be featured in the final YouTube cut should probably start practicing these maneuvers now.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Citcon posted:

Um. Didn't one of the submitted Court docs admit this was an estimate that was put up that included a lot of different revenue streams.

Was that a thing that happened? I don't understand memory development.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
If there's one person you can trust, it's definitely :trustme: .

He wouldn't be misleading anybody and he is planning on getting out there and doing this to dispel a lot of the myths surrounding his involvement. He's going to one up the Double Damage Guys as well as Elite Dangerous because he's had enough of their poo poo.

This mission is what his staff has been working on, with him carefully planning and outlining it and play testing it non stop. He's sick of this fud, and knows it's time to put up.

:trustme: is planning big this con. It will not be another lame sales spree. Expect the limits to be pushed, the FPS to be high, and the fun to be borderline insane.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Drunk Theory posted:

Um. Didn't one of the submitted Court docs admit this was an estimate that was put up that included a lot of different revenue streams.

Was that a thing that happened? I don't understand memory development.

Thank you. I think you are right based on my feeble recollection.

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

The Titanic posted:

That's the only 100% confirmed bit of info I got from somebody very high at the top. Confirmed by many other high level players.

100% expect Chris Roberts to be playing his magnum opus with his adoring fans, and show them a thing or two about space flying games! :grin:

Phew! I mean, I bought all the streaming gifts even though you don't have to pay anymore. I just wanted to show my appreciation to Chris for taking this bold step.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Colostomy Bag posted:

This clusterfuck of a "film" will end up on the Lifetime channel like all the rest of Eric Roberts poo poo.

But as the OP said, I can't find when this disaster is actually getting released.

I was an extra in a eric roberts movie that I think saw eventual distribution

I guess what I'm saying is through the transitive properties of celebrity I have actually met both Roberts and Sandi! Yes, I'm available for autographs

edit- i feel like ive maybe already mentioned this on here and if so, my bad, this joke of a humble brag may have been more nefarious than previously thought!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

I agree. I don't mind anime despite its negative view. I don't like watch it or anything so maybe I'm out of the loop but the artists generally seem to be really good. Better than me!

Totally agree. I barely really knew what it was, but it's all good.

Whomever bought you the avatar should have given you better tier K-on waifus. I mean, Yui and Ritsu? :barf:

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Colostomy Bag posted:

I hope Eric Roberts get a bit part in the Netflix original movie "Spaceship of Fools: The Story of Star Citizen"

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So CIG trying to license their poo poo to other markets, particularly Asia because its like the only market they haven't tapped yet. Yeah thats going to work great with China now that they are cracking down on corporations bringing in new games to the market and severely limiting the amount of time people can put into games in the first place.

Its also going to work great in korea et al where the PC gaming market is incredibly hard to penetrate and most people playing in cafes instead of their homes

Both which usually have a pay by the hour thing, and its going to be great paying for like 3 hours of time to get like 10 minutes of gameplay out of it

Do you have a link describing the stuff about China? That sounds crazy. Particularly limiting the time people can play. Or do you mean limiting the time employees can work on games?

ggangensis
Aug 24, 2018

:10bux:

Ah great, another month, another SC special from my favorite magazine Gamestar. However, at first glance the tone is more critical than I'am used to... mh.

Update 3.3 was delayed until october - and stays the most important update since planet technology despite the omitted features. What content is planned and what can spoil the soup for the players? We asked

During the development time there were a lot of setbacks. Management mistakes (!!!!!!), Communication accidents (external studios delivered assets with wrong size), PR-accidents (Legatus-Package) and constantly missed release dates lead to bad press (certainly not from you) and bad mood for parts of the backers.

However, this is just the clickbait stuff in the beginning. The rest of the articles (best one: "Read our big hardware-analysis: Is star citizen technological doable?") goes on in the usual manner. Their "hardware analysis" just hurts from reading.

SC should not only be game but a unique, virtual universe with unmatched extent. This requires a technical basis that was never done before is basically the opener. Are these guys completely insane? 6 years in and we have a laggy tech demo with a few barren moons and nothing more. Does this look like there is some kind of technical foundation to back this up? Then they drone on that CIG has released 53 hours of video material during the last half year, Alpha 3.3 is the most important release for SC, and this one is also cringy, regarding their interview:

Nick Shepard finds, as a PR-Director, a flattering explanation for that (not all of their questions were answered): You are such great journalists that we need to get more interview partners on board, but that didn't work out every time.
Gamestar shrugs it off, well, appointments, appointments, appointments and that it is comprehensible given the Alpha 3.3 release and Citizen Con. Sure, why not. 6 years in, basically nothing to show for and some questions are simply dodged, but well, the guys have so much to do, it's ok, all will be fine.

The rest of this poo poo is behind a paywall, but in general it boils down to server resources and client hardware, which is laughable. I cannot stress the point enough that their unfitting architecture and the obviously shoddy programming can't be compensated by hardware. However, Gamestar thinks it will be 1994 and Wing Commander 3 all over again, its groundbreaking stuff and you need that 486DX for that.

And it will release in 2019

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
This looks like it could be funny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7GrwFvdic

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It looks like Prey, except instead of the overachieving genius vice president you're the janitor.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

There was a VR game that was pretty much this, except in VR and sometimes scary. It was pretty serious, sometimes scary, and occassionally heartwarming. And extremely good imo. It was called Lone Echo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pmV2mwAV9k

The cool thing about it was that you were a robot in zero G, and without the ability to walk, you were moving across your space station by holding onto elements and pushing yourself to where you wanted to go (nice touch: you could also latch onto your partner in the game, and occassionally she'd nag about that or brush you off). That was unbelievably satisfying with the touch controls. It felt so good that the devs even made a spin off multiplayer sports game from it, which was available for free (think the Crobear would release the fun part of their game for free?). If you have a VR headset I absolutely recommend this, it's one of the best VR games out there I think, albeit a bit short.

Lord Stimperor fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 15, 2018

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Lord Stimperor posted:

There was a VR game that was pretty much this, except in VR and sometimes scary. It was pretty serious, sometimes scary, and occassionally heartwarming. And extremely good imo. It was called Lone Echo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pmV2mwAV9k

The cool thing about it was that you were a robot in zero G, and without the ability to walk, you were moving across your space station by holding onto elements and pushing yourself to where you wanted to go (nice touch: you could also latch onto your partner in the game, and occassionally she'd nag about that or brush you off). That was unbelievably satisfying with the touch controls. It felt so good that the devs even made a spin off multiplayer sports game from it, which was available for free (think the Crobear would release the fun part of their game for free?). If you have a VR headset I absolutely recommend this, it's one of the best VR games out there I think, albeit a bit short.

Echo Arena is the SANTAball knockoff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYlLV8Ifeew

And Echo Combat released this summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erg0X0PNQNg

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agony Aunt posted:

Wow, we have a bot? Why wasn't i informed? Do i have to upgrade to special platinuim level access to get that info?

And OCS is almost complete? I think he has problems reading the progress info. Or problems understanding percentages. Someone should quote him once the next patch drops without OCS.

Boo Huxley is hell bent on coming over to /refunds like twice a weak to drop the lamest possible owns she can on people, and I got tired of responding, so we set up an automoderator rule to do it for us.

It replies to every post of hers, and the link takes you to the thread where she was like "I have not been run off of a dozen forums for being a Star Citizen shill, prove it!" and then a bunch of people did and she ran away

It loving enrages her, captainwhoeverthefuck, and apparently vertisce now, which makes it the best idea I've ever had besides getting Kayak lmao

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Sep 15, 2018

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

also, I love that vertisce is mad that our automoderator is doing exactly what he spends his time doing in /r/starcitizen - calling out the Bad Men so people ignore them.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I watched Mighty Jingles play about 20 minutes of it today. It's Subnautica style survival but with a space theme and a lot of toilet/rubber chicken style stuff. It got a few chuckles out of me, but I'm not sure if it has the depth of content and staying power of Subnautica.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

also, I love that vertisce is mad that our automoderator is doing exactly what he spends his time doing in /r/starcitizen - calling out the Bad Men so people ignore them.

Ah, but Vertisce The Visionary was only doing it because he knew filthy goons were gonna program a bot to do it later. 4D chess checkmate!

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

"Extremely corncobbed" is fantastic.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

Boo Huxley is hell bent on coming over to /refunds like twice a weak to drop the lamest possible owns she can on people, and I got tired of responding, so we set up an automoderator rule to do it for us.

It replies to every post of hers, and the link takes you to the thread where she was like "I have not been run off of a dozen forums for being a Star Citizen shill, prove it!" and then a bunch of people did and she ran away

It loving enrages her, captainwhoeverthefuck, and apparently vertisce now, which makes it the best idea I've ever had besides getting Kayak lmao

That has to be Sandi. There's almost zero chance it isn't. Just they way they speak is so condescending and sure of themselves in a way only someone like her would speak.

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That has to be Sandi. There's almost zero chance it isn't. Just they way they speak is so condescending and sure of themselves in a way only someone like her would speak.

I think sandi wouldn't waste time talking to people that aren't potentially useful to her #actingcareer at #hollywood. Probably just a random shill.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Neltharak posted:

I think sandi wouldn't waste time talking to people that aren't potentially useful to her #actingcareer at #hollywood. Probably just a random shill.

She's narcissistic and controlling in a way that caused her to fire the other women that worked for her constantly because they had the nerve to speak or exist and freaks out at the smallest criticism

She's exactly the type that would spend hours each day arguing with people online secretly while saying she's above it all

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

She's narcissistic and controlling in a way that caused her to fire the other women that worked for her constantly because they had the nerve to speak or exist and freaks out at the smallest criticism

Annnnnd i did not know this. I'm torn between asking for details and just going to the conclusion, pouring myself a whiskey to forget.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Neltharak posted:

Annnnnd i did not know this. I'm torn between asking for details and just going to the conclusion, pouring myself a whiskey to forget.

Do both

Neltharak
Jun 7, 2013

Dogeh posted:

Do both

Party at a rock bar yesterday, i'm already hungover, have mercy

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Carlisle posted:

correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that awhile ago Huxley was in a gameplay video with some other people and on voice chat, and it's a dude.

still a hilariously dumb shill though

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Inkel posted:

correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm almost positive that awhile ago Huxley was in a gameplay video with some other people and on voice chat, and it's a dude.

still a hilariously dumb shill though

No idea but if that's true somehow it's even better

Or... is it just Sandi paying someone to throw us off the scent? Conspiracy!

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Neltharak posted:

Party at a rock bar yesterday, i'm already hungover, have mercy

Think of your pissfitness.
How will you ever get pissfit, if you can't have a follow-up session the next day?
Working out is very important.

I'm enjoying a nice Stanley Park Windstorm West Coast PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

Mr. Carlisle posted:

No idea but if that's true somehow it's even better

Or... is it just Sandi paying someone to throw us off the scent? Conspiracy!

Sandi tries not to converse with the unwashed masses.