Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TenementFunster posted:

oooooh, so they’re just the next generation of socially-segregated white guys who are allergic to outside criticism and have substituted NASCAR for Xbox and Art Bell for /pol/.

gently caress me for assuming people would ever get better, i guess

jesus, we have the lamest nazis

The bright side is that there's far less of them than there were in olden times, also the younger generation is showing to be radical as poo poo so they'll all be ostracized from society better as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1040833289005744128

Dec 26, 2012

accurate

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That and a lot of it just comes off as the same kind of hysteria and grifting as the Satanic Panic, Jack Thompson et al which is one political dimension nerds are extremely familiar with, and thus tune out or actively oppose by default, assuming it to be the work of uninformed, unscrupulous outsiders picking on what they assume to be an easy target rather than something that actually matters. (and frankly, they're usually right. And the rest is usually just My Consumerism Is Morally Superior To Your Consumerism)

Nobody comes out of this mess looking good, except by comparison to the literal nazis, and that should obvious not be a high bar.

while i sorta agree. i think critics are getting better at spreading a less "moral panicky" in their criticism. sure those types of critics still exist but they are getting fewer in number(they just happen to be loud.) the issue is the alt right is dumb. the stuff thats still around sadly is the "My Consumerism Is Morally Superior To Your Consumerism". look how many dumb internet culture fights have started over movies because either libs or the chuds have declared it a holy grail and any attack on it must be from the other side and politically motivated.

Panzeh posted:

Nerds are literally retarded consumerist shills it's why they flock to nazis.

that too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

oooooh, so they’re just the next generation of socially-segregated white guys who are allergic to outside criticism and have substituted NASCAR for Xbox and Art Bell for /pol/.

gently caress me for assuming people would ever get better, i guess

jesus, we have the lamest nazis

i'll take that over hosed up WW1 veterans.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 22 days!)

WW1 vets were like drat, getting gassed, shredded by machineguns, artillery, and barbed wire rules. We should make everyone do this!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

WW1 vets were like drat, getting gassed, shredded by machineguns, artillery, and barbed wire rules. We should make everyone do this!

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

prototype alt right was HP Lovecraft.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Crowsbeak posted:

Him and Italian futurists.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lovecraft was so bigoted that he made Ron E Howard reevaluate his own opinions just because he didn't want to sound like the kind of raving lunatic Lovecraft was

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

basta

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Lovecraft was so racist he seemed to believe anyone having sex was actively committing miscegeny

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Lovecraft was a racist rear end in a top hat whose phobia of anything slightly different then his small bubble allowed him to ascend to super racist 2 making him too racist even for his lovely racist time period and we’re talking about like the 1920’s so we’re talking racist as all hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lovecraft had public meltdowns about the diversity of NYC. Also he married a Jew, who had to frequently remind him of such.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmSnmR6_bow

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

demonitization is indeed bullshit because it's not like they stop generating wealth, it's just that instead of being split it just all goes to Google now

it should be banning instead

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

demonitization is indeed bullshit because it's not like they stop generating wealth, it's just that instead of being split it just all goes to Google now

it should be banning instead
I see demonetization as cool because it forces CHUDs to admit publicly that they're not actually interested in saving the world from satanic Soros-funded pizza parlour space pedophiles if they're not getting paid for it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hi I'm culture warrior ottoman boyscout. Let's take back our country eh fellas? Fellas?

*Gets stomped by German neo Nazis*

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

flashy_mcflash posted:

I see demonetization as cool because it forces CHUDs to admit publicly that they're not actually interested in saving the world from satanic Soros-funded pizza parlour space pedophiles if they're not getting paid for it.

Saving the world from satanic Soros-funded pizza parlour space pedophiles costs money

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

flashy_mcflash posted:

"S'aww yeah we're fighting the system!"

"No WAIT GUYS SYSTEM PLZ GIVE MONEY HELP MY RIGHTS"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

blood & honour specifically. this is in southern oklahoma near the texas border. the guy hired was previously sacked as the temporary chief of a nearby town after his neo-nazi ties (or past?) came out.

It's good that the FBI told everyone this was happening nationwide and then no one did anything about it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

MizPiz posted:

Lovecraft was so racist he seemed to believe anyone having sex was actively committing miscegeny

Shadow Over Innsmouth is about the horror of discovering he is part Welsh and thus not racially pure

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/michaelschweitz/status/1040717729525837829
https://twitter.com/USCG/status/1040764976527560704

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1041003732895457281?s=21

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

put that loser in the brig

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lmao

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

How to end your career in one easy gesture.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Yeah that dude is gonna get court martialed for this.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

haha next time some dipshit centrist tries to argue that it's just a sign, I'm going to tell them that they're calling are troops liars and idiots because they consider it to be actionable

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Epic High Five posted:

haha next time some dipshit centrist tries to argue that it's just a sign, I'm going to tell them that they're calling are troops liars and idiots because they consider it to be actionable

even alabama police consider it actionable

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Reclines Obesily posted:

even alabama police consider it actionable
Yeah, but the action is likely to be a commendation, a promotion, or both.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/Ocasio2018/status/1041007083058024449

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TenementFunster posted:

this is like the sixth time i’ve made this *exact* post but how does an anime outsider meme-poisoned weirdo go fascist? the actual white nationalists would put these nerds to the sword first thing.

it’s gotta be some power fantasy thing, right? but do they think all their high school bullies were all Hillary voters? i saw this poo poo come up in its infancy over the last 15 years and i still don’t get it

They are brain damaged little 4chan losers dude

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TenementFunster posted:

it’s gotta be some power fantasy thing, right? but do they think all their high school bullies were all Hillary voters?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXF8MIG_HQI

yeah southpark guys are shitheads but that was funy

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
the ok sign thing rules because it started out as an attempt to "own the libs" by making them believe something was a white power sign, and then it was a white power sign, and now people are getting fired for it. Like they just completely hosed themselves and it rules.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

TenementFunster posted:

this is like the sixth time i’ve made this *exact* post but how does an anime outsider meme-poisoned weirdo go fascist? the actual white nationalists would put these nerds to the sword first thing.

it’s gotta be some power fantasy thing, right? but do they think all their high school bullies were all Hillary voters? i saw this poo poo come up in its infancy over the last 15 years and i still don’t get it

yea periodically i think 'this generation of neonazis were radicalized by women and minorities playing video games and watching anime' and then i :psyduck: for a while

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Crowsbeak posted:

Agean90 posted:

Lovecraft was so bigoted that he made Ron E Howard reevaluate his own opinions just because he didn't want to sound like the kind of raving lunatic Lovecraft was

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Him and Italian futurists.

Uuh, you guys do get that that's not Lovecraft, right?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

such a derpy klurf

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Darkman Fanpage posted:

such a derpy klurf

Diaper making GBS threads but with more nazism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fool_of_sound posted:

yea periodically i think 'this generation of neonazis were radicalized by women and minorities playing video games and watching anime' and then i :psyduck: for a while

It makes sense when you think about the reactionary revulsion to anything that isn't like the culture you've always grown up with, standards of beauty and etc. Now fast forward to a radically interconnected world on the internet and you're overexposed to alien elements all the time. Everything is offensive on a purely aesthetic level, and suddenly this tranny subhuman is telling you to suck her feminine penis on twitter because like, you know, scientifically there's only two genders.