Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Cpt Stabbin posted:

What is the preferred damage type for the ignis?

Build for crit and fit hunter munitions, then slot whatever elements you like to suit the task at hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I haven't poked around the Derelict yet- are the scans hopefully easier to get? Because scanning the Inaros cats was a goddamn nightmare while they were leaping all over the place clawing my non-existent eyes out.

If you have a Vauban, this is like the only niche he has anymore. Bastille's good for making the things hold still.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
The usual practice for cat scans is to bring a frame that can stun or otherwise immobilize them. Rhino/Nezha/Limbo are all options as long as your power strength isn't high enough to accidentally kill them, and Inaros is (perhaps ironically) a serviceable choice as well. There many other frames that can work, but I'd stay away from the ones with only single-target disables since it can be bothersome to hit the cats with them when they're surrounded by infested. The grind is still tedious since the chance of a scanned cat dropping dna isn't high and you don't get very many cats per run, but you can combine it with vault runs or 20-minute survivals for the Octavia part to at least be working on multiple things at once.

Edit: And beaten. Vauban's a great choice, too.

HundredBears fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Sep 15, 2018

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Best choice for cat scanning is probably Equinox in night form if you have her. Putting them all to sleep means you don't have to worry about doing too much damage and killing them on accident.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Re: Kat jeans: if you aren't in a hurry you can set an alert for Kat Jean alerts with 5 jeans a piece. The goon warframe discord has a bot that you can set to alert you for eggs and Kat jean alerts. The warframe app will do that too I think.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Ivara's sleep arrow is also extremely useful for cat farming. Remember to get the special scanner from cephalon suda that gives a chance to get double scans.

Also, just finished running a few derelict vaults with goons, and finally snagged overextended - and with it, the ability to make the stupidest/best khora build ever. I haven't unlocked her exilus slot yet, so I'm only at 265% range, but hoooooly poo poo, a 265% range strangledome is completely bonkers. Cast it anywhere and every enemy in your tile, the adjacent tile, and 5 miles down the road gets strangled to death with electrified barbwire. It is the best.

I also dropped 2 forma into her so I could fit umbral intensify and fortify, or whatever the health one is called, and made a separate build just around range/power strength/accumulated whipclaw do I can murder entire maps with a single click. Plus she's using my baller dark split sword with the corrosive riven, so I get bonuses against every type of armor.

Holy gently caress khora is overpowered.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Sep 15, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Out of all the new things I'm probably most excited for KDrive.

EDIT:
Incidentally is anyone else slightly disappointed by that new operator hair they showed? A lot of them looked way too normal.
I really like how all hairstyles right now look like something a dumb teen would do to themselves.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Sep 15, 2018

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Oh, wow... it took me so long to understand the purpose of killing Eidolons. It's much akin to to doing Maroo's Weekly Ayatan Hunt: To get more ornaments to shove into your Orbiter.

These articula look neat though I feel the interaction mechanism for setting poses could be better (i.e. I'd like to be able to zoom and rotate the articula while setting poses).

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
The articula need a lot of love, in terms of bug fixes, additional poses, and support for melee weapons.

I still want a tera and hydro for my orbiter.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Hobold posted:

The articula need a lot of love, in terms of bug fixes, additional poses, and support for melee weapons.

I still want a tera and hydro for my orbiter.

I just got a Hydro and Gant articula in the last eidolon quest. Was surprised they dropped back to back.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

BeAuMaN posted:

I just got a Hydro and Gant articula in the last eidolon quest. Was surprised they dropped back to back.

True story I did not know these were drops, I decided to gently caress around in pretty princess space ship mode and had all three and thought it was from a promo or something

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
GOOD LORD the braton vandal is loose poo poo, why is it gated behind EOS?

Revenant just dropped on PS4. You guys tricked me. Phantasma is just an embolist with a slow as hell mortar!

What’s the consensus on the new prism? MR fodder? Decent with proper setup?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Raptor1033 posted:

You guys tricked me. Phantasma is just an embolist with a slow as hell mortar!
You don't need to charge the mortar. 100% status, Vicious Spread, give it to Mirage. Soften up groups at range with a nice carpet-bombing, sweep away anything left over at close range with the primary fire. With some practice you'll barely ever kill yourself!

I recommend something pleasantly eye-searing for the energy color.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I just ended up buying cat juice on the market. It’s 50p/cat, which is like 3-5 derelict vault runs. Compare that to what, like 30 or so runs if you’re scanning?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Cpt Stabbin posted:

What is the preferred damage type for the ignis?

I have mine built for crit with Hunter Munitions, and then viral as a backup, and it obliterates things.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Talking about the ignis wraith, I really need to get one, I hear there are giveaways of the bp sometimes, and I hope it's true because I'm not rich in plat.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
My setup for the Ignis Wraith, not sure if there's anything that could make it better at this point besides maybe something with Primed Cryo Rounds.

I got the blueprint for free from a goon a while back, it's usually easy to find someone who will give it for free.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

SIGSEGV posted:

Talking about the ignis wraith, I really need to get one, I hear there are giveaways of the bp sometimes, and I hope it's true because I'm not rich in plat.

kxZyle has a white van in discord that you can jump into.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just gotta love waking up to an Extractor pulling down 8 Orokin Cells for me. Cheers, mate!

I'm stuck in Uranus in the moment trying to improve so I can make a push to Neptune, but I'm finding myself constantly broke and missing credits, orokin cells, and argon crystals for most things I want to do or build. Since I don't have access to the Index yet, whats a good place I can go to make credits?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I've never even used an extractor, nor do I know what they do or how to get them. WARFRAME!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gonkish posted:

I've never even used an extractor, nor do I know what they do or how to get them. WARFRAME!

I would say don't worry about it, they're craftable things you can use to get small amounts of resources from planets. Usually 4 hours wait to get less than you'd get from about 20 minutes of playing.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
Do null bubbles strip nidus stacks?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yup, they drain stacks slowly while within one and don't just rip them all away at once, though

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm stuck in Uranus in the moment trying to improve so I can make a push to Neptune, but I'm finding myself constantly broke and missing credits, orokin cells, and argon crystals for most things I want to do or build. Since I don't have access to the Index yet, whats a good place I can go to make credits?

Ask in clan chat for Index. People can invite you to the real deal and you can enjoy the credit rain without having the actual node unlocked. For extra cash money, bring a credit booster. Usually a few runs of Index with a group of kitted out goons will net you millions of credits easily. Just make sure you can invest 50k and bring a Rhino.

njsykora posted:

I would say don't worry about it, they're craftable things you can use to get small amounts of resources from planets. Usually 4 hours wait to get less than you'd get from about 20 minutes of playing.

I like running mine because it's a little bit of extra stuff farming while I'm asleep. It's nothing you gotta stress over though, for sure.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

My setup for the Ignis Wraith, not sure if there's anything that could make it better at this point besides maybe something with Primed Cryo Rounds.

I got the blueprint for free from a goon a while back, it's usually easy to find someone who will give it for free.

that's pretty nice, especially that riven. Without a riven I'd use viral with HM because viral cuts their health in half and HM slash procs attack that now-half health directly, but you can't really do that without sacrificing another mod so i guess you'll have to be content with it killing everything instead of killing everything. :v:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice
mr24 test is stupid. Kill an orb without your amp, but if you die, you respawn with your amp.

Soo hard. :rolleyes:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Hobold posted:

mr24 test is stupid. Kill an orb without your amp, but if you die, you respawn with your amp.

Soo hard. :rolleyes:

Quoting THIS post just to find it later...

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm going to spend forever in ODS looking for the last part now.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
It's not a bad place to level up some stuff on the side while you run around getting mad at twenty minutes for a single chance at a drop

that's about all I can say for Octavia's grind :shrug:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have the opposite problem where i randomly got the ods part while doing something else there and yet that loving lua music puzzle does not want to spawn for me whenever i get around to searching for it occasionally

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

You will also have so many spores if your luck is bad (like mine was).

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Anyone know the best Saryn build for eso?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Saryn mostly just wants as much and range and power strength (up to 200%, where spore damage ramping and status chance cap out) as you can reasonably fit. Regenerative Molt is recommended. I use Blind Rage (with Streamline) in my build, but running 75% efficiency on Saryn in ESO is definitely going to be a lesson in energy management if you're not used to it.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Night10194 posted:

The Lato riven is currently trash but a solid Lato riven turns the Lato Vandal into a death cannon.

What am I looking for in a good Lato riven?
I could re-roll a couple times and then maybe sell it.
(If the Opticor one is as nuts as people are saying I think it'd be worth holding on to till at least when I can use it for a bit, then maybe be able to do sorties by then to get more.)

Cpt Stabbin
Jul 16, 2003

I ride zee boat and take it in zee poopah!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Here is my Ignis setup. If I drop Vital for Hunter my Crits go to 4.4.

https://imgur.com/PpdmmyZ

https://imgur.com/4w6nfOc

Edit: Silly BBcode

Cpt Stabbin fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 16, 2018

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I love the look and concept of the Opticor but there's just not enough tough enemies, with the exception of the Nox, to make it worth carrying a giant single-shot chargeable death laser rather than any other rivened death spitter.

Plus it doesn't work on lephantis which is frustrating as gently caress.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

mehall posted:

Damage, crit chance/damage, and multishot are all winners.

McKilligan posted:

I love the look and concept of the Opticor but there's just not enough tough enemies, with the exception of the Nox, to make it worth carrying a giant single-shot chargeable death laser rather than any other rivened death spitter.

Plus it doesn't work on lephantis which is frustrating as gently caress.
It's my dropship delete button on the plains.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

kxZyle has a white van in discord that you can jump into.

Gonna have to get in on that discord thing.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Helter Skelter posted:

It's my dropship delete button on the plains.

Its worth it for those Bolkor fuckers on the high level bounties, alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!

mehall posted:

I rolled this the other day and it's doing a very good job of deleting lvl 100 Grineer.

http://imgur.com/a/5oFOtj5.jpg