Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apWHESnRdtI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

The simple fact is youre all frauds and the eagles should hand the super bowl back over to the league why can't you accept this

I hope it comes out that Pederson hired international art thieves to steal the Pats' playbook during the bye

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol dude Play ain’t wrong

you're right, it was the quarterback who built up a 20+ point lead who is at fault for losing the game, the loss is definitely not attributable to the coach who has been doing this since 2001

e: like, how do Eagles fans of all people not remember Andy's second half coaching collapses in the playoff. Alex Smith isn't a great QB by any measure, but he's not the main reason they lost those games

indigi fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 15, 2018

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Pederson knows what he did

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

indigi posted:

I hope it comes out that Pederson hired international art thieves to steal the Pats' playbook during the bye

you're right, it was the quarterback who built up a 20+ point lead who is at fault for losing the game, the loss is definitely not attributable to the coach who has been doing this since 2001

e: like, how do Eagles fans of all people not remember Andy's second half coaching collapses in the playoff. Alex Smith isn't a great QB by any measure, but he's not the main reason they lost those games

Play’s right in general in stressing the importance of a functional clock-eating offense, but you’re right in the specifics of Andy’s problems closing out games. A functional clock-eating offense requires a functional clock-eating coach

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Andy eats everything else on the planet except clock, go figure

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Andy eats everything else on the planet except clock, go figure

:drat:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Not gonna watch the video because the answer should start and end with Jerry Jones.

Like, you can get deeper than that if you want to....but why would you? It's Jerry.

Edit: in actual answer to the video though, I can only :lol:

Shinjobi fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 15, 2018

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah I like to :aslol: at the Cowboys as much as the next man but scapegoating Dak is nonsense.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
All he really says is that Dak held them back in that week 1 game, which is true, and that it's something to watch going forward. He wasn't making reads well, he wasn't passing well, he was missing wide open plays and he wasn't making adjustments on the line of scrimmage. I mean, that offense was garbage but it shouldn't be that bad.

The video also dumped pretty hard on the offensive playcalling, which I think is probably the more important point than one bad game from Dak. There was no adjustment, the plays weren't effective against the kind of defense the Panthers run, and running repeatedly directly into stacked boxes is just dumb and not how you win games. They've made themselves badly one-dimensional.

I think tomorrow we'll find out when they play the Giants whether this is going to be the norm this year or if they can actually get something going. On the bright side, I feel like the Cowboys defense might be kind of legit.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Tomorrow won't be a fair game to assess Dak because the Giants have such sheer amount of momentum that few teams would be able to withstand them

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Giants win easily. Congratulations giants fans, enjoy one of your 3 wins this year.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
My impression is that the Cowboys have no receivers or tight ends to speak of, and idiot coaching, so Dak almost doesn't matter either way.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dallas sucking rear end is bad because it might mean Garrett is fired for someone better

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

sean10mm posted:

My impression is that the Cowboys have no receivers or tight ends to speak of, and idiot coaching, so Dak almost doesn't matter either way.

True. Dak did look bad last week (and a lot of last season), though. He's very likely to flame out this year entirely and start another 7-8 years of looking for a quarterback to provide zero support.

Dallas sucking rear end is bad because it might mean Garrett is fired for someone better

:lol: no garrett is family it just means rod marinelli and scott linehan get fired.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

If Dallas gets a competent offensive coordinator who is not actually the QB changing plays at the LOS he will get a head coaching job so fast it won't matter long term.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Garrett will never be fired

e: is it too early to say I told you so about the Eagles secondary/coverage LBs

e2: lol nope it definitely isn't.

e3: lol Cousins repeatedly trying to throw the game away, he's lucky the Packers secondary can't catch. it's like the football gods fixed this week to vindicate my blathering

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Sep 16, 2018

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: no garrett is family it just means rod marinelli and scott linehan get fired.

And even if Garrett does get fired he'll just be replaced by another inept Jerry Yes Man. He'll never learn.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I was told that the momentum was going to be today but it turns out the Giants momentum is coming next week

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Giants = poo poo

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys can pretend for another week that they're good

God bless

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Doltos posted:

I was told that the momentum was going to be today but it turns out the Giants momentum is coming next week

gonna go on a 14-0 rip to close out the season, book it

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Shinjobi posted:

The Cowboys can pretend for another week that they're good

God bless

They were really bad on offense outside of one play in the first half and one drive at the very end. It was 3.5 quarters of garbage offense and the only reason dallas won today is NY has turnstyles for an offensive line.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It’s been 7 years since 2011. That’s almost a decade of spectacular failure.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
excited to again tune out football for another year

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The Dallas Cowboys are currently the best team in the NFC East.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

They were really bad on offense outside of one play in the first half and one drive at the very end. It was 3.5 quarters of garbage offense and the only reason dallas won today is NY has turnstyles for an offensive line.

I am well aware. Pretend was a key word in my previous post.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
League-wide, that was one of the ugliest Sundays of football I can recall.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Vengarr posted:

League-wide, that was one of the ugliest Sundays of football I can recall.

Beauty is rote and dull, ugliness makes us all unique. We are driven to great achievements by our flaws

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Wentzy, come home, daddy. Come home.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tom Sellout posted:

The Dallas Cowboys are currently the best team in the NFC East.

*extremely Bane voice* do you feel like the best team in the NFC East?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

indigi posted:

*extremely Bane voice* do you feel like the best team in the NFC East?

I mean, as bad as the cowboys are, yes? The eagles are better, but they're hurt. They should still win the division but because everyone is going to be 7-9 or worse.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I think I was just in a bad mood watching the game yesterday. Looking back on the highlights, the Eagles are the same team they've been. They are just so hurt right now, there's hardly any playmakers out there. And now with Wallace possibly done for the year, it's probably gonna get rough for a week or so until Wentz comes back.

Of course...there's....always...

Low risk, people value draft picks too much. I know Gordon likes the ganja, but going from a Browns locker room that's won 2 games and tied 1 in 2 years to the Super Bowl champions is quite the difference. I see this being just as likely the Browns Being Dumb as it could be Gordon loving up again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

davecrazy posted:

It’s been 7 years since 2011. That’s almost a decade of spectacular failure.

What happened in 2011?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

euphronius posted:

What happened in 2011?

The Patriots lost a Superbowl op.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

euphronius posted:

What happened in 2011?

were you not around for daltos' decade of spectacular failure post and the subsequent tear down by the fanciest of rear end hoes?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't think it was Daltos, was it?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wentz starting this week

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is Josh Gordon’s issue really just weed or is there something incredibly more serious going on? I honestly haven’t been following his drama other than casually lolling at the Browns. The Eagles badly need unhurt weapons right now but I don’t know if bringing someone in with a host of issues is going to help if he never plays.

Or maybe his biggest issue is being on the Browns.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yodzilla posted:

Is Josh Gordon’s issue really just weed or is there something incredibly more serious going on? I honestly haven’t been following his drama other than casually lolling at the Browns. The Eagles badly need unhurt weapons right now but I don’t know if bringing someone in with a host of issues is going to help if he never plays.

Or maybe his biggest issue is being on the Browns.

Gordon is on record as saying he’s been on drugs in every single game of his career back to high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Wentz starting this week

source?