Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yoshi games are better than Kirby games. I won't be taking any further questions on this topic. Goodbye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

Is Let's Goo Pikachu actually a remake of Yellow? I don't really understand what they are or how they interact with the main Pokemon games.

Is a yellow remake for the Pokémon Go people who they think don't actually want to play a real Pokémon game I guess.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

American McGay posted:

Yoshi games are better than Kirby games. I won't be taking any further questions on this topic. Goodbye.

gah!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

American McGay posted:

You will be taking a broadsword to the face so help me god

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

you are retarded.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

GBS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

In Training posted:

Is a yellow remake for the Pokémon Go people who they think don't actually want to play a real Pokémon game I guess.

That is a lot of people. Pokémon games can be a bit tedious

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Plutonis posted:

You will be taking a broadsword to the face so help me god

And my egg!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i haven't played any pokemon games because it feels like the kind of thing i'd start and disappear for 200 hours, but i've been thinking about getting the next generation for the switch. nintendo's main entries for their hallmark series have been really good this generation, it seems like a good time to start.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I Hvent played past ruby and sapphire becaise it rerouted my neurons by s heer force of gba trumpet soubds and retarded rock legendaries also ds emulators didbt work well back then

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ArfJason posted:

I Hvent played past ruby and sapphire becaise it rerouted my neurons by s heer force of gba trumpet soubds and retarded rock legendaries also ds emulators didbt work well back then

diamond/pearl/platinum was the peak of the series imho

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
black/white 1 are th ebest

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's really hard to go back to Diamond and Pearl, so I'm holding out for a remake in the back half of generation 8.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like sun and moon a lot

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played Diamond so much it burnt me out on pokemon for life. I played X a couple years ago and was bored out of my mind

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

diamond/pearl are probably my least favorite looking back on it, they were the most bloated for sure with having like 5000 useless hms and half the new pokemon being forgettable legendaries. sinnohs a pain to get around too. all best stuff it added was purely techincal like online play and defining what does phys or special damage per move rather than by type

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played Diamond so much it burnt me out on pokemon for life. I played X a couple years ago and was bored out of my mind

x and y are just kinda boring tbh

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

D/P had the best breeding/EV training and postgame battle tower. I spend hundreds of hours messing around with that stuff, it owned. It was also the first game to have online trades iirc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish Sun/Moon had a cooler battle tower

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think Pokemon Let's Go will be fun and cool, as well as future pokemon switch games.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

leaving the battle frontier out of omega ruby/alpha sapphire was a crime

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goomy is a really good Pokemon, really cute. I like the games that have Goomy in it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i think it's just the usual "dumbed down for no reason" nintendo game. Yoshi's Story being the first of this ilk.

I and several million other dumb seven year olds managed to figure out Pokémon’s rules just fine. It’s not as if kids today are ‘just dumber’ than kids in the late 90s were or something, that’s BS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was a dumbass when I played Pokémon red, I spent ages trying to figure where the ANTIDOTE Pokémon I picked up went bc the items looked like pokeballs.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Wtf

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Diamond was the last Pokemon game I actually played for a substantial amount of time. I think I got to the end of Black’s story and got bored and haven’t played it since. I just want a fully 3D, non-grid adventure game FFS... at least Game Freak is making that Town game, I guess.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I and several million other dumb seven year olds managed to figure out Pokémon’s rules just fine. It’s not as if kids today are ‘just dumber’ than kids in the late 90s were or something, that’s BS.

This looks like AIDS. JESUS CHRIST !!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Diamond was the last Pokemon game I actually played for a substantial amount of time. I think I got to the end of Black’s story and got bored and haven’t played it since. I just want a fully 3D, non-grid adventure game FFS... at least Game Freak is making that Town game, I guess.

Non-grid?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

this is not ok

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Like, with free movement instead of a 4/8-directional grid. I think Sun and Moon was moving in the right direction with this (but I only played part of the demo so idk)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Lumpy the Cook posted:

pokemon go is for brain damaged adults, not children

the real games are for children

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

the games are already easy and made for little kids so I guess this is for people who wanted to play a pokemon game with no gameplay in it, the sort of person who kept playing pokemon go after the first week

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

pokemon go is for brain damaged adults, not children

the real games are for children

couldnt have said it better

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
theyre going to remove all those silly stats and just have attack and defence

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Kanto deserves better >_>

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Pokemon is for kids i play adult games like mario and donkey kong

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I’m not really dying for a new pokemon game, so waiting another year til the next one seems fine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I skipped like 3 gens before sun/moon and I'll do that again probably. I'm good on Pokémon for a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i havent played a pokemon game all the way through since Gold