Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Rex Burkhead questionable with concussion. Fire up your James Whites's.

Yeah so pick a second... that's the only one I am not miserable with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Time to buy low on Gordon?

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

RCarr posted:

I called it in training camp. That whole story about staying away from the team during camp to work on his mental health or whatever was code for “I’m gonna keep doing drugs.”

I thought it was they wanted to hide him from HBO cameras but no one really knows other than Browns management.

This is disappointing. The Browns better pick up Dez and fire Hue at this point.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If he was doing drugs why wouldn't they say so?

I mean I could certainly be wrong, but I assume the reason will come out in the next day or so.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Lol gently caress

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Cleveland.com:

The Browns are finally parting ways with troubled receiver Josh Gordon after he showed up late to the facility on Saturday morning and was 'not himself,' league sources told cleveland.com.

Team doctors examined Gordon, and in addition to a hamstring issue, there was concern that perhaps he had relapsed and was struggling with his substance use again.

Uugghhh poor dude.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Well if you're looking for desperation plays Antonio Callaway the browns other wide receiver with substance and legal issues galore will be taking Josh Gordons spot and Rashard Higgens should move up as well. Unless you play with a Browns homer they aren't owned.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm tempted to offer the Browns owner (who also has Devonta Freeman) Carlos Hyde and the Denver DST in exchange for Freeman and Gordon.

Or should I just offer her Denver for Gordon?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Multiweek injury for Freeman it looks like.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I would not offer anything but my end of the bench player for Gordon, the odds are probably over 50% that he gets permabanned within a month.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Had a trade process through yesterday that had Gordon in a package deal to a guy that has a team destroyed by injuries

Conner (he has Bell), Lewis, and Gordon for Keenan feels good man

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

coronaball posted:

I would not offer anything but my end of the bench player for Gordon, the odds are probably over 50% that he gets permabanned within a month.

That's why I'm thinking of offering the Broncos.

Lemme rephrase that: Would Carlos Hyde for Freeman and Gordon be too much?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Sep 16, 2018

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Brady to Gordon, baby

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Fat Lowtax posted:

Luck to Gordon, baby

Hell yeah.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Fat Lowtax posted:

Handsome James to Gordon, baby

Now we're talkin'

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

I called it in training camp. That whole story about staying away from the team during camp to work on his mental health or whatever was code for “I’m gonna keep doing drugs.”

:yikes:

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Just need to hope a trade gets him in a good place for myself and for him.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
drat you Goons are so spiteful with RCarr leading the charge.

He showed up late and said tweaked his hammy at a promotional shoot and nothing game related.

This was not someone who was drafted or traded for by the current regime so after pre-season they were looking for any reason to move on from Flash.

Drug wise he’s still clean.

This from my S&C source who is an assistant in CLE this year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Now we're talkin'

Get out

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

My dad owns Bill Gates so I hacked their email and I see something from Roger about a drug test in the inbox.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

I am Josh Gordon IRL and I'm high as poo poo

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

My dad owns Bill Gates so I hacked their email and I see something from Roger about a drug test in the inbox.

I believe I had the same type of replies when I told everyone last year how f’ed up Hogan’s shoulder was when NE was saying he would be out a week, I said closer to 6, and turned out being 7.

I used to do nothing but train pro athletes and work with strength coaches all across the country. My network runs deep.

Just trying to help and give some inside info.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

ShaneB posted:

Just need to hope a trade gets him in a good place for myself and for him.

Also if he doesn't play the rest of the season, there's gotta be clarity soon. Leading him on would be terrible for Josh and I.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fat Lowtax posted:

Also if he doesn't play the rest of the season, there's gotta be clarity soon. Leading him on would be terrible for Josh and I.

Me and Josh are buddies please give us the peace we need

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I offered Royce Freeman and G-Mo for J-Gordon earlier this week in a keeper league. I thought it was a fairly even deal. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars it was rejected.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Suave Fedora posted:

while I never have had shares of Hogan (having an NE WR can be just as confusing as having an NE RB),

All I had to do was say his name

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Sep 17, 2018

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Should I offer Benjamin for Gordon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Alfalfa posted:

drat you Goons are so spiteful with RCarr leading the charge.

He showed up late and said tweaked his hammy at a promotional shoot and nothing game related.

This was not someone who was drafted or traded for by the current regime so after pre-season they were looking for any reason to move on from Flash.

Drug wise he’s still clean.

There are a bunch of reports saying the Browns suspected he had relapsed. Sorry if I don’t pity a guy who literally can’t stop smoking weed for a few years in return for millions of dollars. I love weed and if I can quit smoking to keep a lovely job he certainly can to be a millionaire, playing the game he loves.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
His problem with addiction runs a lot deeper than "loves smoking weed," go gently caress yourself dude.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

RCarr posted:

There are a bunch of reports saying the Browns suspected he had relapsed. Sorry if I don’t pity a guy who literally can’t stop smoking weed for a few years in return for millions of dollars. I love weed and if I can quit smoking to keep a lovely job he certainly can to be a millionaire, playing the game he loves.

We've been over this about him a good 100 times now so you've earned the train of "dipshit he's had problems with a plethora of substances since middle school" coming.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Alfalfa posted:

I believe I had the same type of replies when I told everyone last year how f’ed up Hogan’s shoulder was when NE was saying he would be out a week, I said closer to 6, and turned out being 7.

I used to do nothing but train pro athletes and work with strength coaches all across the country. My network runs deep.

Just trying to help and give some inside info.

It’s appreciated man.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Is Gordon's issue with weed?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

RCarr posted:

Bunch of reports or just stipulation?

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1041110762918502402?s=20

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

From an interview he gave talking about his troubles with substance abuse:

"I've used alcohol on many, many occasions, Xanax on many occasions, cocaine several occasions, marijuana most of my life, codeine, cough syrup, methazine is very prevalent where I'm from,'' Gordon admit. "It's what I grew up using.''

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RCarr posted:

Please leave the garbage Facebook posting where it belongs. Good lord.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

RCarr posted:

Dude, the fact that his addiction issues and likely mental health state is so serious that it prevents him from making millions doing something he loves should tell you exactly how severe it is. Its sad to say, but if he doesnt find help, he will likely not live a full life.

Try to have a little more empathy. Just because he is a rich athlete doesnt mean he isnt suffering with seriously debilitating issues.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...
Can’t decide about my flex spot today. 14 person full PPR league.

Tyler Lockett - SEA WR vs. CHI

OR

TJ Yeldon - CAR RB vs. NE

Lockett is going up against the Bears secondary so that’s a decent matchup but it sounds like Fournette is not playing today so Yeldon’s workload will likely increase.

The expert consensus says start Lockett but I have a sinking suspicion Yeldon could have a big game today.

Thoughts?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Spermy Smurf posted:

Pick two:

James white vs Jax
Rex burkhead vs Jax
Jamaal William's vs Vikings
Royce Freeman vs Denver

Quoting this because I still dont know.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Spermy Smurf posted:

Quoting this because I still dont know.

Burk if he plays
Freeman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

This was definitely the Brownsiest news to wake up to.