Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

The only problem with this is Arachknight having enough cash on hand to buy a sandwich.

No it's perfect, it mixes Spider-Man's perpetual poverty with Moon Knight having somehow enough money to have moon shaped drones and jets and poo poo. So it comes out to Arachknight being stuck in permanent middle class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Brute Squad posted:

Legit wishing this was a Jonah Hex/Wolverine Amalgam Comic character.

Him, I would name Jonah X.

And now I'm thinking of the Chamber/Jonah Hex Amalgam we actually got, and I'm sad.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

uPen posted:

What's wrong with your hand?

I am tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occured in 1956 when...

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am tired of these jokes about my giant hand. The first such incident occured in 1856 when...

Fixed, I mean this is Logan we are talking about. Dude is old as balls.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
J. Jonah Hex would be a much better character to me.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Push El Burrito posted:

J. Jonah Hex would be a much better character to me.

"Get me pictures of Grey Ghost now!"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Brute Squad posted:

Granted, my only exposure to Jonah Hex has been DCAU and Legends of Tomorrow.

Jonah Hex is almost always good. Original comics from the late 60's and seventies? Legit great even today. Science fiction Hex? Good enough. Jonah Hex versus Cthulhu? Great. Jonah Hex on Batman the Animated Series? Great. Jonah Hex movie? The exception that proves the rule.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Zil posted:

"Get me pictures of Grey Ghost now!"

Those cowboys are menaces!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Random Stranger posted:

Jonah Hex is almost always good. Original comics from the late 60's and seventies? Legit great even today. Science fiction Hex? Good enough. Jonah Hex versus Cthulhu? Great. Jonah Hex on Batman the Animated Series? Great. Jonah Hex movie? The exception that proves the rule.

Jonah Hex in Legends of Tomorrow?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Plastic Man (2018) #4

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

A grim view of our present day from a comic published in 1990.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Who was so alarmingly prescient here

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
lol my phone wasn't loading images proper so I was trying to figure out why hung men falling from the sky was a vision of the present

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

TwoPair posted:

lol my phone wasn't loading images proper so I was trying to figure out why hung men falling from the sky was a vision of the present

wanna meet that present

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

TwoPair posted:

Plastic man xxx in 2019

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wanna meet that present

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

site posted:

Who was so alarmingly prescient here

Steve Gerber. It's from his really short run on She-Hulk and those are the issues where he brings in Howard the Duck.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wunk.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

And that's how Paul Shaffer won his Grammy.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

bony tony posted:

It was drawn by Jack Kirby.

nothing was drawn by hand in those panels

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
See now I'm picturing Moon Knight, Batman et al going around and collecting all those batarangs and such they've thrown away.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Depending on the era the police probably just leave them in a box on a rooftop.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Batarangs don't grow on trees!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cassa posted:

See now I'm picturing Moon Knight, Batman et al going around and collecting all those batarangs and such they've thrown away.

It feels like it would be really irresponsible to just leave batarangs all over the place for kids to pick up and throw at their classmates.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Cassa posted:

There is one bit in Gotham Central about people selling Batarangs on eBay

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
There's a Batman Annual where Batman gives Calendar Man's kid one as a present for snitching on his dad.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Isn't there an issue where Batman and Nightwing are tracking down old batarangs?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The reason why they're -rangs at all is so that they come back when thrown, instead of just being left there. Obviously.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Was there a post-Dark Knight comic which retconned the Joker's origin as him being slashed in the face by an errant Batarang and ending up with Heath Ledger scars or have I imagined that?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Was there a post-Dark Knight comic which retconned the Joker's origin as him being slashed in the face by an errant Batarang and ending up with Heath Ledger scars or have I imagined that?

The only search result for "Joker Batarang" is that horrible telltale game where Batman and Joker are best friends.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Spoilers for Infinity Wars.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bongo Bill posted:

The reason why they're -rangs at all is so that they come back when thrown, instead of just being left there. Obviously.

Only the ones that miss.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

chitoryu12 posted:

It feels like it would be really irresponsible to just leave batarangs all over the place for kids to pick up and throw at their classmates.

A few years ago, there was a gang of criminals linked by being permanently injured by Batman in one way or another (ie. a guy who had a boot print embedded in his face). One was a guy who picked up a discarded batarang during a fight, threw it and it boomeranged into his skull. Now it's lodged into his head and he'll occasionally interrupt his own speech to say random words.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

chitoryu12 posted:

don't worry, they dissolve in about an hour

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

hiddenriverninja posted:

don't worry, they dissolve in about an hour

Batman could be a millionaire if he sold that formula!

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

SilverSupernova posted:

Spoilers for Infinity Wars.

Punching whoever Spidey punched first seems like an OK tip for superheroes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Adnor posted:

Punching whoever Spidey punched first seems like an OK tip for superheroes.

I feel like there's been more than one occasion where Spidey burst in and completely misread the situation and punched the wrong guy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

I feel like there's been more than one occasion where Spidey burst in and completely misread the situation and punched the wrong guy.

Hell the Moon Knight quick change thing I posted happened in a story where Spider-Man jumped in and punched him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't see any way this advice could go wrong.

[Moon Knight v4#6]