Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

veni veni veni posted:

Might not be the best genre for you then. Having people to res you and provide coving fire is pretty much the difference between fun hijinks and getting shot in the butt randomly all the time.

Yeah I don’t know. We’ll see. I didn’t get to play the regular Black Ops IIiIiiIi multiplayer beta but I love how Blackout feels. I guess it’s way easier to do my traditional lone wolfing in normal mp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i can't climb down like 75% of the ladders in this game

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Ok so as far as ladders they are really stupid. It seems like you need to turn around and walk backwards off it like how you would step down onto a real ladder. Just walking up to it will see you walking over the edge to your death.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think they've already announced that they will fix ladders but the fix won't make it for the beta. Also if the ladder is tall enough just jump and glide down.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Dumb question but how do you glide down? I jumped off of the top of the construction site and nothing I hit seemed to activate the glide.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Soarer posted:

Dumb question but how do you glide down? I jumped off of the top of the construction site and nothing I hit seemed to activate the glide.

Pretty sure you just hold jump.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://youtu.be/XDEVIv28z58

I'm hopping on, if anyone wants to be hide in the bushes with me.ni

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

cams posted:

i can't climb down like 75% of the ladders in this game

https://giant.gfycat.com/GlaringTeemingHapuku.webm

:shrug:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

It's open beta right? I'm still getting the "Pre-purchse now" button to get 1 day early access on Battle.net

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Rabid Snake posted:

It's open beta right? I'm still getting the "Pre-purchse now" button to get 1 day early access on Battle.net

You restarted the app? I see the install button today and I sure as poo poo haven't pre-ordered.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

You restarted the app? I see the install button today and I sure as poo poo haven't pre-ordered.

Yeah, I even restarted my computer. Weird. I have the whole Battle.net catalog installed even the new Destiny 2 Forsaken but no Blackout Beta. I wanted to try it out before I decide to buy.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Weird I am able to install it on my Laptop but not my Desktop.

edit: I just uninstalled and reinstalled the Battle.net app and it finally popped up. The Battle.net app is such a piece of junk. I've been having problems with updating certain games since they launched the app. I had to redownload/reinstall World of Warcraft so many times when the updater would get stuck and glitch out. It's annoying to redownload a 50gb+ game multiple times in a year

Rabid Snake fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 15, 2018

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

:lol: mode of the day is Close Quarters Frenzy.
- No ARs or Snipers
- Increased Collapse Speed
- Duos

Why is no one else playing.
I’m on another continent :shrug:

Kenzo
Jun 29, 2004

Tekseta!
Does the grapple gun stick to players?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I made a separate thread for the PC version, since the COD console threads move at ungodly speeds. My OP has the Discord and Blizzard Group included in it, tips to not crash in the Beta as well as some info on changing your region to play with your international friends.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3868896

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I got stuck with shotguns my first try and that went real bad, but I did shoot some guy out of a chopper who was low flying.

Second try, I got 3rd place (2nd loser more like it) without killing a man, I shot at a guy but I only have some crummy SMG for ranged.

Kinda getting the same issues with BR that I have with any Battlefield game, it's real hard for me to distinguish what's a guy or not.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
You really can't challenge anyone in level 3 armor. It's too good.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
hit em with the axe dummy

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Shots in BR are projectile, not hitscan, which is immensely cool and good.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Shots in BR are projectile, not hitscan, which is immensely cool and good.

the tracers on some of the SMG's look and act like goddamn tennis balls

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah shooting the ARs at even like medium ranges throws up fuckin flak cannon explosions

tyrelhill
Jul 30, 2006
man this is a great br game, I even won one for the first time. poo poo was intense

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Game of the loving year. :iia:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I got melted in level 3 armor. I got the drop on someone with the justice I think, and hit every shot, and he turned and I was dead in just a few shots. The firing rate was just so loving slow. The cam switched to him and he was at like 16 health or some poo poo, but I landed maybe 3-4 hits before he even returned fire.

IT WUZ DA DESYNC

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Treyarch couldn’t keep their netcode in sync if their life depended on it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BR is going to cut into my MP camo hunting so bad.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
holy poo poo sens dart and 9bangs in final circles is so wild. it's a loving execution.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

holy poo poo sens dart and 9bangs in final circles is so wild. it's a loving execution.

Don't forget the grapple hook so they have no idea where you are!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How did they manage to gently caress up climbing down ladders so badly? Also wingsuiting off high structures is so wildly inconsistent.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

How did they manage to gently caress up climbing down ladders so badly? Also wingsuiting off high structures is so wildly inconsistent.

I just grapple hook (if available) off of high platforms. It'll negate fall damage.

I can't even begin to express how much utility it provides.

Agoat fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Sep 16, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah whenever I try to wingsuit off that tall building under construction I fall to my death, but some random cliff 10 meters above the water? Wingsuit activates fine

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
You have to sprint off a building and hold the jump key.

If the building isn’t tall enough (3-4 stories) it won’t activate and you die. If you vault over something off the edge, like a fence or something, it won’t activate and you die. You have to go straight from running to falling.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
what discord do we use for this?

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

I'm on and trying to get better at Blackout. Still have only played Solo, so if anyone's on let me know.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gordon Shumway posted:

I'm on and trying to get better at Blackout. Still have only played Solo, so if anyone's on let me know.

What system? I'm always down for duos.

EDIT: Day 7 event is Blightfather (a boss from Zombies) has been added to the graveyard south of Asylum on all playlists. He's super strong and apparenly a pain in the rear end to kill but has it's own set of rewards. Also looks like they're planning to add a redeploy option so once a squad dies you can just jump right to the next game without having to go to the lobby.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Sep 16, 2018

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Also the Extended Barrel is only touted as a thing to increase bullet velocity.

So possibly damage in Blackout is governed by caliber? I mean I can put one on a Paladin so...

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What system? I'm always down for duos.

EDIT: Day 7 event is Blightfather (a boss from Zombies) has been added to the graveyard south of Asylum on all playlists. He's super strong and apparenly a pain in the rear end to kill but has it's own set of rewards. Also looks like they're planning to add a redeploy option so once a squad dies you can just jump right to the next game without having to go to the lobby.

PS4. PSN: PSJack5434.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

widespread posted:

Also the Extended Barrel is only touted as a thing to increase bullet velocity.

So possibly damage in Blackout is governed by caliber? I mean I can put one on a Paladin so...

Either that or armor penetration. Having low caliber rounds just as effective on unarmored parts but lose effectiveness faster than rifle rounds would be neat

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
We rolled out our best PUBG squad this afternoon and won 3 out of 4, it was fully sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Are all weapons projectile or is everything hitscan except for snipers?