Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Facetime and a really non-used hand.

(Google hangouts, Skype, doesn’t Discord do that? etc. )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Anniversary posted:

What's a Dire Kobold?

Tucker (Carlson)s Kobolds

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Discord is probably your best option yep.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
Are we still doing the dueling discords thing for SA TG ala Biggie and Tupac

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Arivia posted:

Discord is probably your best option yep.

Does the free version have video calling yet? Last I remember it was Discord Nitro™ only

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Is video conference really that necessary to game... Like I think fantasy grounds and audio clients work well and it doesn't let people see my room and my face. (And I don't want to see other people's)

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

It's much easier to tell if someone is paying attention or not if they have a webcam

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

alg posted:

It's much easier to tell if someone is paying attention or not if they have a webcam

See, that's another strike against it

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

Bedlamdan posted:

Are we still doing the dueling discords thing for SA TG ala Biggie and Tupac

Actually I think there's three of them now.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Spiteski posted:

Does the free version have video calling yet? Last I remember it was Discord Nitro™ only

The free version does video calls now, I was using it for gaming a month ago.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

DocBubonic posted:

We should make a fourth and give its moderating rights exclusively to whichever goon present committed the most horrific crime.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Bedlamdan posted:

We should make a fourth and give its moderating rights exclusively to whichever goon present committed the most horrific crime.

if this is some kind of bid for moderatorship I don't think your posts, however bad they might be, are technically a crime, though they certainly should be

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DocBubonic posted:

There's mine that has a dozen people who never post except for me

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Instead of doing this, it might be better to designate one person to reply to each Bedlamdan post with "Thank you for reminding us you exist" and nothing further so that he gets the affirmation he needs to keep on living without caving into his toxic obsession to constantly fish for the same tiresome arguments?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
we should probably get some moderation in here before thinking about discords, tbh

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

He's just making dumb comments, not breaking rules or being malicious. Move on.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Reene posted:

if this is some kind of bid for moderatorship I don't think your posts, however bad they might be, are technically a crime, though they certainly should be

I’m saying modship would be an ideal punishment for that person’s transgressions.

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Bedlamdan posted:

I’m saying modship would be an ideal punishment for that person’s transgressions.

"Thank you for reminding us you exist"

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008
When you think about it a modship is a crime but also the punishment for that crime. Thank you.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Instead of doing this, it might be better to designate one person to reply to each Bedlamdan post with "Thank you for reminding us you exist" and nothing further so that he gets the affirmation he needs to keep on living without caving into his toxic obsession to constantly fish for the same tiresome arguments?

But what about hyphz?

Do we just have one of those metronome office birds but like with a wiffle-bat with the rules for Apocalypse World duct taped to it that just thwacks down every couple minutes?

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:

Xiahou Dun posted:

But what about hyphz?

Do we just have one of those metronome office birds but like with a wiffle-bat with the rules for Apocalypse World duct taped to it that just thwacks down every couple minutes?

Just post a randomly generated map?

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

But what about hyphz?

You know who I miss? Etherwind. And Gau. Sometimes Effectronica.

God, who was the guy that kept on talking about Paladins in the WoD thread before getting banned for trolling the Fallout 4 thread?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Liesmith.

Totally worth a ban but I loving loved his threads on Morte d’Arthur.

He had an MA or a PhD in it. I forget. We were briefly trying to do a translation project.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I still keep contact with lieemith and eff... It's not too hard.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Plutonis posted:

I still keep contact with lieemith and eff... It's not too hard.

They barely post in the secret fifth discord!!!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Hell, I miss happyelf.

Also, how did Liesmith troll the FO4 thread hard enough to eat a ban?

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Sep 16, 2018

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Hell, I miss happyelf.

Also, how did Liesmith troll the FO4 thread hard enough to eat a ban?

He said New Vegas was better than FO3 and that Bethesda was bad.

You can see why he clearly deserved to die

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Plutonis posted:

See, that's another strike against it
If I don't put on pants to work from home I'm sure as hell not putting on pants to game from home.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Xiahou Dun posted:

But what about hyphz?

Just post Mike Mearls tweet chains as a distraction. Like this:

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/1041036499146305536

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/1041036659087728640

https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/1041036924670992385

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

No :ironicat: big enough for this.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Pundit still brags "helping make" 5e in his twitter bio too.... aaand I see that he's bought full-in on comicsgate since his attempt at DNDGate farted out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

this is straight up embarrassing

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

why bother telling alt-right assholes like our core contributors to gently caress off??? we cant do anything about that lol

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Someone please for the love of God ask him how this lines up with him bringing Pundit onboard. Or if he still thinks Pundit is "hilarious".

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Look, he's just saying that the best way is to deal with them, such as an employment contract.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Evil Mastermind posted:

Someone please for the love of God ask him how this lines up with him bringing Pundit onboard. Or if he still thinks Pundit is "hilarious".

He doesn't think any of the people he hired actually did anything they definitely did.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Splicer posted:

If I don't put on pants to work from home I'm sure as hell not putting on pants to game from home.

The ability to play an rpg while being able to jack it discreetly is living the dream

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bedlamdan posted:

The ability to play an rpg while being able to jack it discreetly is living the dream

:emptyquote:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That Old Tree posted:

Anyway, it can be fun to flip around in the old books and look at all the weird, inventive, dumb poo poo they'd just throw around with little rhyme or reason. It's why the old D&D Monster Manuals are some of the best venerable RPG books to have. They're just so much more full of fun, crazy poo poo than two whole pages about how to roll your stats and then be a Fighter because gently caress you you dumb idiot you rolled your stats.

I know, right? The monsters and magic items are why I decided to pick it up. I wouldn't have come up with "Wind Waker But A Harmonica" myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So my friend is running a sort of roguelike type game of Pathfinder with that loving huge hardcover Rappan Athuk book that was on kickstarter years ago. Anyway since the idea is to basically have disposable characters and he's not going to pull any punches and actually try his hardest to TPK us, I reeeeaaallly don't want to hassle with rolling my own level 4 characters. Paizo has a bunch of pregen level 4s, but they're not on normal sheets and they lack a lot of basic info you'd want, like Ability bonuses already mathed out, etc.

So I've been looking for other pregen characters, and basically my question/complaint is WHY THE gently caress DOES NO ONE WHO TALKS ABOUT CHARACTER BUILDS ONLINE ACTUALLY POST THEIR REAL CHARACTER SHEET. They talk about a few stats and what feats to take, but nobody posts their whole drat sheet so I can scratch their name off and write my name. Why isn't there a TTRPG type site like Icy-Veins but for D&D/Pathfinder/etc instead of WoW? Why is the internet not literally flooded with character sheets for me to steal?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 16, 2018