Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

he had mark curtis dress up as a ninja turtle named cowabunga and do comedy matches in SMW, he's a hypocrite and a hack fraud

Aren't we all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Alaois posted:

he had mark curtis dress up as a ninja turtle named cowabunga and do comedy matches in SMW, he's a hypocrite and a hack fraud
The thing is if they hadn't done the "Cowabunga falls down and can't get up because he's on his shell" spot, it wouldn't come off quite as hypocritical as it does.

(Even if I doubt that most people citing Cowabunga have seen the matches and know they did that spot.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

davidbix posted:

The thing is if they hadn't done the "Cowabunga falls down and can't get up because he's on his shell" spot, it wouldn't come off quite as hypocritical as it does.

(Even if I doubt that most people citing Cowabunga have seen the matches and know they did that spot.)

Did they also do him not being able to be pinned because his shoulders aren't on the mat?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

davidbix posted:

He also had a Mummy wrestling in SMW

JCP/NWA had the tag team The New Breed, who came from a future where Dusty Rhodes was President of the US

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 6, 2018

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can I say that whoever just decided to remove all the finishers and signature moves and theme music info from every wrestler’s Wikipedia page can just gently caress right off, didn’t know what thread to moan about this in but either their opinion is really dumb or mine is, so I guess either way it fits itt

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

Can I say that whoever just decided to remove all the finishers and signature moves and theme music info from every wrestler’s Wikipedia page can just gently caress right off, didn’t know what thread to moan about this in but either their opinion is really dumb or mine is, so I guess either way it fits itt

Wikipedia has a mod for wrestling...who doesn't like wrestling. Don't bother with Wikipedia for wrestling. cagematch should have all that stuff

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

Wikipedia has a mod for wrestling...who doesn't like wrestling. Don't bother with Wikipedia for wrestling. cagematch should have all that stuff

Pro Wrestling Wiki is the closest thing to what Wikipedia used to be.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

jesus WEP posted:

Then again, the articles for Kenny Omega and Daniel Bryan listed "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" as their alternate names based on one joke at PWG100.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

TinTower posted:

Then again, the articles for Kenny Omega and Daniel Bryan listed "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" as their alternate names based on one joke at PWG100.

His name is my name too!!!!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My favorite part of wrestling wikipedia is that every ppv includes a disclaimer that these were performances based on pre existing and fictional storylines

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

had to unfollow Holzerman on the twitter because he's back on that Dave Meltzer is a Bad Guy poo poo.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!

Davros1 posted:

He also had a Mummy wrestling in SMW

When Rick Reuben wants a mummy you give him a mummy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

AkumaHokoru posted:

One of the most frustrating things for me is trying to see a tournament or something that's been pre-taped and hasn't aired yet and right up there on Wikipedia with no spoilers warnings is the results of the full tournament before you even get a full list of the competitors.

My favorite weird Wikipedia thing is that for years after Ryder and Hawkins split up, the admins refused to give Zack Ryder his own entry and kept deleting it whenever it over and over because they hated Ryder

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Finishers, entrances, and managers were deleted because it was trivia, and not worthy of inclusion in an encyclopedia. Imagine I linked some anime characters wiki page here.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Their issue is that info takes the forms of lists and "lists don't belong in an encyclopedia". That suggests to me (and I may be entirely wrong) that moves and finishers could be put into their own section as long as it's in paragraph format instead of a list.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

TTBF posted:

Their issue is that info takes the forms of lists and "lists don't belong in an encyclopedia". That suggests to me (and I may be entirely wrong) that moves and finishers could be put into their own section as long as it's in paragraph format instead of a list.

They said you could do that, it's just that's also a miserable way to get across that information. Also who knows they might just decide you can't do that either.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Draxion posted:

They said you could do that, it's just that's also a miserable way to get across that information. Also who knows they might just decide you can't do that either.

Also Wikipedia isn't a goddamn traditional encyclopedia. It's a unique thing so being a hardass about technicalities is stupid as hell.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Wikipedia editors have labored for over a decade under the delusion their project is anything more than a pop culture depository

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Arbitrary rules are how they keep an illusion of legitimacy.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

TTBF posted:

Please, allow me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_marsupials

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

The funny thing is that an in depth near universal pop culture depository is arguably more rare and valuable than whatever open source encyclopedia bullshit they want it to be

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The funny thing is that an in depth near universal pop culture depository is arguably more rare and valuable than whatever open source encyclopedia bullshit they want it to be

It's not even arguable. It IS.

Fuckin' Wiki nerds....

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you think it keeps them up at night that they're regularly looked down on by the scholar community and banned from basically all school work

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not even arguable. It IS.

Fuckin' Wiki nerds....

Yeah like imagine if we had a detailed record of over 99% of all cultural production during the Renaissance.

That's what wikipedia could be to future generations if they let it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Counter argument, should the year 4000 be allowed to know about bronies?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gumball Gumption posted:

Those who don't know history...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Literally yes

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

RealFoxy posted:

Do you think it keeps them up at night that they're regularly looked down on by the scholar community and banned from basically all school work

I think it used to bother them but now they take solace in the fact that people use it anyway

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Gumball Gumption posted:

They'll need to be able to point to it as a landmark in the decay of our culture

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/scrump_1/status/1037517893859266560

I'm an old school wrestling fan so one of the only two promotions I watch has an annual rock, paper, scissors tournament

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I’m imagining Jimmy the hot dog guy from King of the Hill typing that out

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/scrump_1/status/1037517893859266560

I'm an old school wrestling fan so one of the only two promotions I watch has an annual rock, paper, scissors tournament

Minor key best to the Venom avatar

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I left this guy's name in because its Wrestleforum and its an incredibly smarky name and I hate it. Also this opinion is really loving bad.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Or, if you prefer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lists_of_lists

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1041188993768062977

Two really bad opinions here because first it would actually be real cool if Roman superman punched braun with so much momentum that he fell out of the ring. And second what the gently caress does Jake Nazar know about the fundamentals of wrestling that he can evaluate them and come to the conclusion that Kenny's fundamentals are poor.

Jake's obsession with Kenny getting really creepy at this point where he is making up narratives to paint Kenny as a terrible person and has also accused him of "playing gay" multiple times. Like, he can't just be a regular human being and say a guy he doesn't like loving sucks or is a lovely wrestler or looks stupid. No, he has to make things up to make those he dislikes out to be bad people so he can look virtuous for disliking them.

https://twitter.com/ATVS_JakeNazar/status/1041189501517869056

Like what the gently caress is this? Whether or not you think the match is bad Im not sure how you can say Kenny put no effort into it. But it's all just to build this narrative of Kenny being selfish and squandering Ishii's moment in the spotlight, thereby disrespecting Ishii.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
There's a lot of people who are putting a lot of effort into not enjoying NJPW because there's a foreign Champion. Like Kenny getting the belt after one of the most incredible title runs in wrestling history means that he's a piece of poo poo who can't even tie up his boots because his title run hasn't immediately been the exact same as Okada's.

I don't get it, people just want to be miserable I guess.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think part of it is also part of the fanbase don't want to try caring about an IWGP champ whose long-term future in the company itself they're at best unsure. "Why get invested in someone who's just going to leave" is a thing I saw people say even in 2017 when he wasn't the champ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He won the title in an all-time great match, had a good defence against Cody, a great one against Ishii, and will walk into a huge-drawing WK as the champ. That’s orders of magnitude better than the first reigns of Okada or Naito or AJ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

and will walk into a huge-drawing WK as the champ

Not after he drops the belt to Yano at KOPW :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's the inherent fan bias against blondes