Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buzzman
Feb 21, 2011
It's suprising that Löfvén is focusing so much on being a bigger group when it's pretty probable that it won't be after today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Liseberg makes gröna lund look like Pripyat.

The amusement park in Pripjat seemed like it'd have been pretty nice.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Latest brilliant suggestion from the Social Democrats: Asylum seekers caught three times without a train ticket get deported.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Liseberg makes gröna lund look like Pripyat.

Worked 4 summers at Gröna Lund now and yep.

They're gonna rebuild a whole bunch in the upcoming years, and add a big new roller coaster. So that'll be fun.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

https://i.imgur.com/uuoXblW.mp4

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Are the votes 100% counted now? Or what the hell is going on. I can't find anything.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

von Braun posted:

Are the votes 100% counted now? Or what the hell is going on. I can't find anything.

Tommorow. Live counting link is a few posts back.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

How come val.se is showing far fewer districts counted than svt.se? I thought valmyndigheten would be the absolute source of truth for this data?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

My PIN is 4826 posted:

How come val.se is showing far fewer districts counted than svt.se? I thought valmyndigheten would be the absolute source of truth for this data?

They're counting different things. SVT is showing the counting of the preliminary result, that is the "Wednesday votes" (foreign votes, etc) added to the preliminary counting from the election night. Valmyndigheten is showing the progress of the final re-count and that is expected to be done by Friday.

Voter turnout was very good by the way, looking like it's going to end up above 87%, or the highest it's been since 1985.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/eivindtraedal/status/1040285893662318592

Fader Movitz
Sep 25, 2012

Snus, snaps och saltlakrits

Inte tomcitat

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

https://www.svt.se/special/sa-rostade-svenskarna/
For a cool graphic representation of the election.
SVT have really done most of this election in an excellent manner.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Faktakollen though.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Faktakollen though.

Well, that was also TV4, DN and SvD....
But yeah, considering how it devolved into seeing the Holocaust as a point of view and fact checking of adjectives.....

Like last election, I found the interviews with the party leaders to be the most interesting part.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
https://amp.ft.com/content/0aada630-b77a-11e8-bbc3-ccd7de085ffe

Party like it is 2015.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Lol, not going to subscribe to financial times

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

Just open the article through google to bypass the paywall.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Just open the article through google to bypass the paywall.

how, the incognito mode trick doesn't work anymore?

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Potrzebie posted:

But do you really need more info than what can be gained through reading the title that is visible even without a subscription?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

not a cult posted:

how, the incognito mode trick doesn't work anymore?

Just google the url (or the article title) and open it through Google.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

Just google the url (or the article title) and open it through Google.

Well, that's weird. It works.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
X-posting from the China thread. Holy lol this is pathetic.

Fojar38 posted:

turns out there is actually witness video of the horrible swedish police brutality

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

SR is not pulling the punches either.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
China needs to be north korea'd

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
"Amineh Kakabaveh (V) har kryssats in till riksdagen trots att partiets valberedning inte placerat henne på valbar plats. Totalt 63 personer har valts in i stället för en kandidat som blivit invald i mer än en valkrets."

Goon project status: success

E: Ossie Karp seems to have been mistaken, and had removed the statement.

Potrzebie fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Sep 16, 2018

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

:woop: Final ballot count is out and some of the seats are confirmed to have changed ownership compared to election night

C +1
L +1
KD -1
S -1
MP +1
SD -1
==
0 melonen
+1 alliansen
-1 sverigevänner

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

My PIN is 4826 posted:

0 melonen
+1 alliansen
-1 sverigevänner
Well don't leave us hanging, where's the outcry and calls for a recount from the browner shade of Twitter?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

My PIN is 4826 posted:

:woop: Final ballot count is out and some of the seats are confirmed to have changed ownership compared to election night

C +1
L +1
KD -1
S -1
MP +1
SD -1
==
0 melonen
+1 alliansen
-1 sverigevänner

The latter literally doesn’t matter given how the mandates are distributed.
60 is a lot larger than the 1-2 separating the other blocks.

Also, NMR got 2000 votes. A whole lot of media attention for nothing.
I guess Djurens party is kinda pissed about it with double the votes.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Did they take down the prime minister yet?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I saw an election poster for Basinkomstpartiet which just said "Vi finns."

I'm not convinced it's an effective slogan. :v:

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

One of the funny things about Swedish elections is that you can write whatever the hell you want on a blank ballot and valmyndigheten has to report it.

Similarly, apparently they're also obliged to tell us if you've consented to be a candidate for a party, regardless of whether you're actually a member of it. One guy did for 59 random small parties (do a ctrl-F for 'Festin') :lol:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Men den dag røderusserne kommer
Og det gør de jo nok igen

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/indland/stopper-forsoeg-med-elektroniske-valg-frygter-russisk-indblanding

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So are we finally at the point where M makes their deal with SD to seize power?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

So are we finally at the point where M makes their deal with SD to seize power?

I think the current masterplan from Ulf is to keep bluffing until the actual vote against Löfven happens, and to then pray to god that C or SD (L doesn't matter) don't bail at the last second. It's a plan that's virtually unchanged since election-day.

Don't think too hard about what happens next because neither has Ulf.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

MiddleOne posted:

I think the current masterplan from Ulf is to keep bluffing until the actual vote against Löfven happens, and to then pray to god that C or SD (L doesn't matter) don't bail at the last second. It's a plan that's virtually unchanged since election-day.

Don't think too hard about what happens next because neither has Ulf.

Wouldn't an M+KD+SD budget be shot down by all the other parties?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Like I said, don't think too hard about what happens next because Ulf sure hasn't.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Pyromaniac Ida posted:

Wouldn't an M+KD+SD budget be shot down by all the other parties?

It wouldn't be M+KD+SD, it would be M+KD putting forward a budget that they know SD as well as C and L would accept over an S budget. That way C will get their cost cuts and lowered taxes while being able to claim to not work with SD and SD, who are now much more economically conservative than they were previously, will get a budget that will be in line with their focus on law and order and strict immigration. C most likely know that joining S won't give them any less restrictive immigration policies anyway, and they have nothing in common regarding taxation and labor policies.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
But does anyone really buy supporting a regering supported by SD isn't cooperating with SD? Just the statsministeromröstning will make it obvious won't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!
Well, we will probably find out. And also, even if people don't actually buy it they might accept it if they get part of what they want, in the case of C lower taxes and deregulation. For C either choice of partner can cost them voters. A coalition with S would bleed voters to the right and beeing seen as relying on SD will probably bleed voters to the left, primarily MP, most likely.

One thing is sure though, you are going to see pundits on all sides arguing semantics relentlessly for the coming few months.