Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
37,591 people beat King's Fall on launch day, 12 people beat Last Wish lmao gg retard bungie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
When you think about it, the old D1 tower literally towering over D2's tower is an admittance by Bungie that D1 was the superior game and 2 will always be in its shadow -literally.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
[scribbling in notebook] destiny 1 was good... And destiny 2... Is bad

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

[scribbling in notebook] destiny 1 was good... And destiny 2... Is bad

[Our descendents 6,900 years from now reviewing notebook and attempting to translate] I believe the appropriate translation is "Destiny 2 was Destiny 1, and then it was good"

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
So destiny 2 was the same thing as destiny 1?

A la the worm gods and the Ahamkara?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What the gently caress do I have to do to not face the same team I can't win against eight times in a row

Like I get it Bungie they have sleeper we don't they win we lose, stop it now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

RBA Starblade posted:

What the gently caress do I have to do to not face the same team I can't win against eight times in a row

Like I get it Bungie they have sleeper we don't they win we lose, stop it now

Gambit can be hard, my friend. You are closer to your next rank up and reward than you were before the loss, and you'll get them next time!

Use the EP shotgun too!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Gambit can be hard, my friend. You are closer to your next rank up and reward than you were before the loss, and you'll get them next time!

Use the EP shotgun too!

I don't mind losing but at some point it would be nice to fight someone else. I just don't know what the matchmaking is doing.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
You’re leaving the playlist right?

Unlucky

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That happens on Xbox because there's only 8 people playing, but if you're on ps4 I don't know what to tell ya!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Meat Dimension posted:

You’re leaving the playlist right?

Unlucky

Yeah, finally got someone new. Goddamn.

I'm winning about half the time and doing well personally but when that happens I'd like to just move on instead of retry forever

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Sep 16, 2018

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So destiny 2 was the same thing as destiny 1?

A la the worm gods and the Ahamkara?

Close. They both try and be the same thing but only one was the true form

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Get

Good

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Slayerage beat it earlier today. He's doing a second run with two players that he doesn't usually play with. They are bitching a lot, so it's a great semi-preview on what LFG groups will be like.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
This is gonna be like spirex69 where no one will take pubs and pubs will stop caring and no one will do the raid.

Thank goodness the rest of the game is good, I can settle into my have a beer and some weed and do the weekly new patrol zone poo poo loop

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Has anyone on the PSpoor noticed slowdown towards the end of Gambit games? Not lag or anything, the game seems to be physically slowing down. It gets hard to even move my gun. Stopping and restarting the game fixes it for a bit but it seems pretty consistent.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone on the PSpoor noticed slowdown towards the end of Gambit games? Not lag or anything, the game seems to be physically slowing down. It gets hard to even move my gun. Stopping and restarting the game fixes it for a bit but it seems pretty consistent.

Just came back for the expansion after not playing since before Warmind, and while I haven't tried gambit yet it seems like everything is slow. Seems like menus and loading screens take twice as long and thought I felt some slow down during some of the more hectic parts of one of the barrons adventures.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GodofGravity posted:

Just came back for the expansion after not playing since before Warmind, and while I haven't tried gambit yet it seems like everything is slow. Seems like menus and loading screens take twice as long and thought I felt some slow down during some of the more hectic parts of one of the barrons adventures.

Yeah, I noticed it takes forever to load into the Tower now too. It's not happening every time but it's happening frequently enough, and sometimes severely enough, that I was starting to wonder if my PS4 was breaking down a bit.

Might be time to upgrade I guess.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

37,591 people beat King's Fall on launch day, 12 people beat Last Wish lmao gg retard bungie

they didnt tune anything

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

Yeah, I noticed it takes forever to load into the Tower now too. It's not happening every time but it's happening frequently enough, and sometimes severely enough, that I was starting to wonder if my PS4 was breaking down a bit.

Might be time to upgrade I guess.

I was starting to wonder the same thing (original D1 launch PS4 here). But every other game/app launches fine. Think there is just some seriously unoptimized/bloated code in there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

they didnt tune anything

The wailing when gen pop is unable to clear it before November is gonna be epic though, gonna be some fun quotes.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I have this installed on an SSD on my PC and the Tower still takes forever to load at times. The servers in this game suck.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mill Village posted:

I have this installed on an SSD on my PC and the Tower still takes forever to load at times. The servers in this game suck.

Des2ny

~servers~

Lol I hope you don't believe those exist here

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Playing the game on my launch Xbox was getting super bad, to the point I think the internal hard drive is spewing errors but hasn't quite failed yet. Like I'd start a strike and everyone would be 30+ seconds ahead of me when I finished loading.

Got a Samsung t5 off amazon and moved destiny to that drive, it's fixed things real good. The new triumph/collections menus have loading spinners all the time but I figure that's just because they crammed a ton of crap into it that the console doesn't keep cached.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

One of the purple transmit effects that are new, the reef shimmer one? It’s so many particles of light brings my Xbox one x down to single frames every single time I load in somewhere. That owns.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mill Village posted:

The servers are in your console.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
https://i.imgur.com/1BbNOf5.gifv

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
literally the only sleeper shot to ever miss someone in pvp

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Don't bring a handcanon to a knife fight

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

literally the only sleeper shot to ever miss someone in pvp

yeah, sbmm getting axed owns

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Finally got the sleeper simulant, that sure was a lot of pointless busy work, but it makes killing people in gambit a piece of cake lol

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Angry Walrus posted:

yeah, sbmm getting axed owns

my dude

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Are you guys infusing up your sleeper stimulant before using it in gambit? Or just taking it in there at 385?

I’m always confused as to whether it’s the gun’s specific LL that matters, or your overall LL when it comes to pve (and I guess now gambit pvp) DPS.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Best game yet since the DLC drop. Double we rans and a 51kd.

I was running hammers because i was just doing PvE and totally forgot.

You get to see a little of my god roll sidearm in action.

https://youtu.be/wQ2hBRJ8R0k

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
jesus christ

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Many many guns good in pvp now

Pvp good now

My rush melee in pvp REAL FUKKEN BAD

I have no idea why. It's not lag (much, rare teleporting duder on the other team, nbd). I'm just loving whiffing hard with shoulder charges and sentinel/striker bashes.

Normal melee seems ok, but jesus gently caress, I shoulder charged through multiple people over the last several nights.

Wonder how IB will be. Wonder if 540-550 light will let you two tap people with a 110 HC.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Will this be the first D2 Iron Banner to use Light Level? Either way it's going to be a massacre with all the free vanilla level 1's and such trying it out.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
If you guys still want some more lore chat, in one of the new lore bits they say that Ahamkara and Worm Gods are actually different species that developed the same memetic-hypnotic-magic tactic of "Oh, --- mine" through loving CONVERGENT EVOLUTION, I poo poo you not. So, yeah.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

elpaganoescapa posted:

If you guys still want some more lore chat, in one of the new lore bits they say that Ahamkara and Worm Gods are actually different species that developed the same memetic-hypnotic-magic tactic of "Oh, --- mine" through loving CONVERGENT EVOLUTION, I poo poo you not. So, yeah.

Thats what started the debate actually, we were just arguing over it being a retcon or not like Rasputin's change in location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
They should remove the ability for the invader on Gambit to see where the enemy players are. Make them hunt the players down. It’s cheesy, especially when your primeval is up and there’s isn’t, that they can send a dude over nonstop who knows exactly where you are at all times.