Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jose Mengelez posted:

a game no longer in early access.

The game is still in early access. Says it pretty clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

IronicDongz posted:

This link is relevant when talking about post-patch performance in this game.

tl;dr: the game is making a function call 400,000 times per second

:ok:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

MJBuddy posted:

The game is still in early access. Says it pretty clearly.

this very thread said it was no longer early access when it went f2p.

maybe i should start ignoring goons.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Jose Mengelez posted:

This thread is actually a Truman Show experiment in subtly false information about a videogame.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
galena is a fundead paladin

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Jose Mengelez posted:

I mean the game is released f2p and will gladly take your money to buy poo poo in the store. They also blew their marketing budget with a 1 mil tourney and invited everyone during e3 to play (most did not stay). ID can say the game is still in early access but their actions don't seem to prove it.

Or hey maybe I just don't know what early access means anymore.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Thief posted:

galena is a fundead paladin

don't touch my main

Social Animal posted:

I mean the game is released f2p and will gladly take your money to buy poo poo in the store. They also blew their marketing budget with a 1 mil tourney and invited everyone during e3 to play (most did not stay). ID can say the game is still in early access but their actions don't seem to prove it.

Or hey maybe I just don't know what early access means anymore.

They don't know what they are doing and have gone back and forth so many times who the gently caress knows now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Removing the ability to buy the champions pack will kill this game, mark my words. It's so hard to make an F2P game that actually survives these days whether it's top tier gold star gameplay (this game) or a knockoff of something people are already willing to pay money for by someone else (paladins). Getting rid of the one way this game has for players to show their appreciation and escape the biggest grind (without shutting out all of it), is gonna spell its doom.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they will almost certainly do flash sales and whatnot even if only for specific characters

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

CJacobs posted:

Removing the ability to buy the champions pack will kill this game, mark my words. It's so hard to make an F2P game that actually survives these days whether it's top tier gold star gameplay (this game) or a knockoff of something people are already willing to pay money for by someone else (paladins). Getting rid of the one way this game has for players to show their appreciation and escape the biggest grind (without shutting out all of it), is gonna spell its doom.

They can bring it back for one off sales and also sell individual champs.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

For some reason qc couldn't hold my attention it just made me want more ql. It still feels like the better game.

In other news that new wireless logitech mouse is really amazing.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Is there a secret keybind for switching characters or something? I ask because sometimes in the middle of a heated game I'll end up randomly respawning as a different character, and I know I've never pressed H at any point. It's really loving stupid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That also has happened to me. The game likes to respawn me as Visor sometimes even though I didn't hit the button to swap. Weird stuff, but it only happens rarely to me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Since QL doesn't have a live thread anymore I'm not sure where to post this. In QL the unlag settings used to be under lock and key. But now everyone has their own servers and the options are exposed but no one knows exactly what they do. It's interesting for me because I often play just outside the unlag range, around 100-120.

G_laghaxms speaks for itself. It's set to 80 (ms) by default. It speaks a little for itself thankfully. There is a second setting called g_laghaxhistory that no one seems to know anything about. The default value is 4 and whether or not it needs to be touched is unknown.

So far no one seems to know. Apparantly this part of the system was designed by Kevin "Arqon" Blekinsopp and I'm not sure he's active on places like Twitter.

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Arqon was the main dev behind cpma, the mod for quake 3. cpma also has laghax, you ought to find some documentation on playmorepromode.org
I've never heard of cg_laghaxhistory, but I havent really looked at this stuff. Ask in the cpma discord if you dont find anything on the website.
also, play more promode

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Excellent suggestion. Will hit up the discord. Thanks for that. Might just get an answer! Also sorry but I mostly play ql due to the people.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

back and playing after work induced hiatus find me in discord.

Mindblast posted:

Since QL doesn't have a live thread anymore I'm not sure where to post this. In QL the unlag settings used to be under lock and key. But now everyone has their own servers and the options are exposed but no one knows exactly what they do. It's interesting for me because I often play just outside the unlag range, around 100-120.

G_laghaxms speaks for itself. It's set to 80 (ms) by default. It speaks a little for itself thankfully. There is a second setting called g_laghaxhistory that no one seems to know anything about. The default value is 4 and whether or not it needs to be touched is unknown.

So far no one seems to know. Apparantly this part of the system was designed by Kevin "Arqon" Blekinsopp and I'm not sure he's active on places like Twitter.

This is sort of the quake channel anyways ditto with the discord

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyVenomousTapirAllenHuhu

hook does 75 damage on a direct, you can hit the button again to cut it early and retain your speed (800ish), athena can superjump off stairs/ramps, champ pack owners should be getting test server access some time in the next 24 hours which currently has athena, slipgate mode, but not ctf

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

PTS is open to all champ pack owners now with Athena, Slipgate, and new map.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

So is slipgate good?

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

it's most of the way to being a counterstrike defuse map, except unlike cs, the gameplay is fun

still don't have pts in steam, just in bethesda launcher, and it's pretty buried in there

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ndub posted:

still don't have pts in steam
It should be there, or at least it is now.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

The Kins posted:

It should be there, or at least it is now.

If you still don't have it, submit a ticket to CS.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

yeah, got a ticket going, not optimistic, but whatever

supposedly ctf is pushed back a patch anyway

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

ndub posted:

Don’t worry too much about it if you can’t get on pts. Slipgate was alright but definitely needs tweaking done to it (which they won’t do until next next patch probably) and Athena is so so. The hook is a little weird and laggy but I’m sure they’ll fix it eventually. She also has the most boring set of skins heh but at least they pulled through on the camo one.

I played it for 30 min and went back to waiting. I forgot to check out the new map which I heard is really good on sacrifice.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

ndub posted:

Don't worry they will give it to you. People have tickets for twitch stuff in this thread when they legit hosed it up and they just gave it to them anyways. Give it a week you'll get it.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

as it turns out, they do just dole out steam/twitch codes if you ask politely. now the wait for ctf pts begins

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

MysteriousStranger posted:

Don't worry they will give it to you. People have tickets for twitch stuff in this thread when they legit hosed it up and they just gave it to them anyways. Give it a week you'll get it.

I put in a ticket and I got hosed. They said tough poo poo. I posted about it in the thread. :smith:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Zaphod42 posted:

I put in a ticket and I got hosed. They said tough poo poo. I posted about it in the thread. :smith:
I got it after sending a ticket and I don't think I even did it right.

If it makes you feel any better, the fact I missed getting a ushanka for Visor will haunt me forever.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

The Joe Man posted:

I got it after sending a ticket and I don't think I even did it right.

If it makes you feel any better, the fact I missed getting a ushanka for Visor will haunt me forever.

I just put in another ticket and it just says "the development team will not respond to you directly" even though I didn't submit it as a "bug" type.

Their support page is lame :(

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

I just put in another ticket and it just says "the development team will not respond to you directly" even though I didn't submit it as a "bug" type.

Their support page is lame :(

ping them and bethesda, wait five days

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Zaphod42 posted:

You have the Champ Pack and put a ticket in for PTS access and got told no luck, or is this about Twitch drops?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MJBuddy posted:

You have the Champ Pack and put a ticket in for PTS access and got told no luck, or is this about Twitch drops?

Twitch stuff. Not the end of the world, just saying that not everybody who puts in a ticket had a great experience :cheeky:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Zaphod42 posted:

Twitch stuff. Not the end of the world, just saying that not everybody who puts in a ticket had a great experience :cheeky:
I went through Twitch customer support and then the dropdown directed me to select it was regarding Amazon loot drops. I got a "we don't handle this poo poo" email from Amazon, then another one that said "please respond if this hasn't been resolved" (which I did) and then the Twitch bonuses were suddenly added into my game a few days later.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

The Joe Man posted:

You and me both buddy. :(

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

maybe you were just being a jackass? I've never heard of anyone but you not being given what they asked for.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

another pts patch, now hitting jump during grappling hook (on athena) will retain your speed, so you can shoot it and jump out of it very quickly to get going like 800+. hitting the ability button again sends you straight down to the ground with no forward speed, which seems totally useless? overall it plays much better, i was getting a lot of weird network sync issues with it prior to this update. athena is the only light with the movement to warrant having 50 max armor, imo

zoom sens is beyond hosed up, it is it's own numerical slider but there is no way to tell what it is multiplying, so if they ship the patch like this, get ready to spend 10 minutes figuring out how much zoom sens you need to have the same overall mouse speed zoomed or unzoomed. my setup is 800 dpi, 2.5 unzoomed, and then 1.58 zoomed or some poo poo and it's still off by a tiny bit. 1.58 of what, exactly? nobody outside of id/saber knows

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Just a heads up in case anyone is interested...

There's a big Duel tournament hosted by PGL going on in Romania this weekend (5th - 7th). Lots of amazing players from both EU and NA so it should be a lot of fun. I believe the format is a double elimination qualifier followed by a group stage round robin followed by a single elimination top 8.

It will be streamed on twitch.tv/quake

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MysteriousStranger posted:

maybe you were just being a jackass? I've never heard of anyone but you not being given what they asked for.

... I most certainly was not, and I really don't appreciate this level of dismissal. This is basically gaslighting dude.

You really think nobody ever, ever had a bad experience with... bethesda customer support???

I mean when I'm literally speaking up to represent that scenario and you go "must be your fault" you're obviously arguing perception bias.

E: I explicitly go out of my way to be nice to CS because many years ago I worked in tech support so I am very aware of how they bear no responsibility for the issues. But thanks.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The tournament is on, although not much longer today. https://twitch.tv/quake

Bracket info can be found here https://liquipedia.net/quake/PGL_Quake_Champions_Open

Groups!

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Oct 5, 2018