Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/ABC7/status/1040592027560271872

https://mobile.twitter.com/Jalopnik/status/1040349983978008577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

family :hai:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
This is hosed up, even for Florida: :nms: Prisoner kills cellmate, heads to chow hall with victim’s ear on a necklace, sources say :nms:

quote:

:nms:An inmate at Columbia Correctional Institution’s annex was able to strangle and mutilate his cellmate, gouge out his eyeballs, wrap his blood-soaked body in a sheet and walk into the prison’s chow hall wearing the dead inmate’s ear strung around his neck before officers learned anything was amiss, several prison sources told the Miami Herald.:nms:

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

So Vietnam war reenactors are a thing now?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

So Vietnam war reenactors are a thing now?

They’ve been a thing since at least sesaon five of American Dad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i remember that scene in universal soldier

art imitates life imitates art

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Am I missing the joke here

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Aesop Poprock posted:

Am I missing the joke here

Read the names.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Sum Ting Wong and Bang Ding Ow must have had the day off.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Mummified Human Corpse Filled With Bees, Wasps and a Squirrel Discovered Hanging From Tree

Aggressive goats, with taste for human urine, are airlifted out of park

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
Man Finds Heart In KFC Food, Wants Explanation.

https://www.plantbasednews.org/post/man-finds-heart-in-kfc-food-wants-explanation

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I make sure to get chicken hearts at skewered meat places in Israel because they're great and hardly anyone eats it over here.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I make sure to get chicken hearts at skewered meat places in Israel because they're great and hardly anyone eats it over here.

Wal-Mart sells a pack of mixed gizzards and hearts that's nice

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Randaconda posted:

Wal-Mart sells a pack of mixed gizzards and hearts that's nice

Yeah, most grocery stores have those. Which I find confusing, as they're entirely different types of organ meat. I have made food them in the past but I've found the gizzards too obnoxious to work with.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, most grocery stores have those. Which I find confusing, as they're entirely different types of organ meat. I have made food them in the past but I've found the gizzards too obnoxious to work with.

I just fry them all.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This isn’t a headline but if you want to read the most annoying article ever written here’s a guy writing for The Atlantic about Rick and Morty. It’s so pretentious I started laughing like a paragraph in

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/568306/

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Jesus Christ, the thesaurus needs to take out a restraining order on this guy.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

The explanation is that chickens have hearts. How is that confusing to anyone except a vegan website?

Also, anticuchos peruanos are magical, whether they're made with chicken, beef, or lamb hearts. All delicious.

Aesop Poprock posted:

This isn’t a headline but if you want to read the most annoying article ever written here’s a guy writing for The Atlantic about Rick and Morty. It’s so pretentious I started laughing like a paragraph in

I couldn't make it past the first sentence. :yikes:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

Anybody who references the Szechuan sauce incident without suggesting that the fans be sterilized or possibly euthanzied needs to get punched in the face hard.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Aesop Poprock posted:

The author (James Parker) is apparently a colossal rear end in a top hat who represents everything wrong with writing. This guy needs to be fed to wolverines.

ed: I started looking at his other writing in The Atlantic. He really is a colossal rear end in a top hat who deserves to be fed to wolverines.

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 00:18 on Sep 16, 2018

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I couldn’t get through the third line before I gagged and closed it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

E: Wrong thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's hit or miss where I am. Some places don't have them at all, some it's a crap shoot.

The best way to do gizzards is to slow cook them, unless you like them chewy.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peeny Cheez posted:

It's hit or miss where I am. Some places don't have them at all, some it's a crap shoot.

The best way to do gizzards is to slow cook them, unless you like them chewy.

Yeah, I tried doing that, clearly I never cook them long enough. :shrug:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Sorry for your floss

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Splicer posted:

Sorry for your floss

LMAO

floss.jpg

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Here's something straight from a news site (well alright it's The Daily Mail):

Primary school bans flossing dance over claims pupils intimidate their classmates with the moves from popular video game Fortnite

quote:

- Headteacher Catherine Cox from Ilfracombe Junior School in Devon has described the game as 'violent' and 'addictive'
- Children have been using it to surround and intimidate classmates
- Parents claim their children just like to dance and haven't heard of the game
- The dance craze involves swinging your hips and arms in different directions
Stupid kids, you're supposed to T-pose to assert dominance!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
It just occurred to me that there's no way these kids were old enough to remember 9 11, if they were even born yet. They have 0 emotional connection to this moment of silence and it's hilarious that anyone would think they would.

Splicer has a new favorite as of 15:34 on Sep 16, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Texas board votes to drop Hillary Clinton, Helen Keller from history curriculum

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

They've also dropped Barry Goldwater apparently, which is confusing to me. It's obvious why they'd drop Clinton. Helen Keller too; she was a communist, after all. But what's the late Mr Conservative himself done to affront their sensibilities? :confused:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
He lost.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Why would Clinton or Goldwater be on the mandatory curriculum for any grade school class? Only reason I could see is if you're using Goldwater as the the jumping off point for the "80s economic policies are all coming around to make your life miserable" lesson.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Goldwater won in 1980. :v:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Terrible Opinions posted:

Why would Clinton or Goldwater be on the mandatory curriculum for any grade school class? Only reason I could see is if you're using Goldwater as the the jumping off point for the "80s economic policies are all coming around to make your life miserable" lesson.

I would argue the first woman who got so close to the presidency's a big deal but that would naturally lead to talk about sexism and the glass ceiling and Trump being a sexual predator so we can't have that

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose with Goldwater, he was obviously very conservative in just about every respect, but towards the end of his life he was very critical of all the televangelist sorts Reagan brought in with him ("All good Christians should kick Falwell up the rear end" etc.), which is probably a black mark against him.

Perhaps the message is that you can base your entire presidential campaign around opposing the Civil Rights Act and still not be conservative enough for Texas?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Wheat Loaf posted:

Perhaps the message is that you can base your entire presidential campaign around opposing the Civil Rights Act and still not be conservative enough for Texas?

Too long for a thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Koalas March posted:

I would argue the first woman who got so close to the presidency's a big deal but that would naturally lead to talk about sexism and the glass ceiling and Trump being a sexual predator so we can't have that
Yeah I could see that. Though it would probably work best as a part of a larger section on sexism/women's push for civil rights, which I can basically guarantee Texas does not have.