Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

pmchem posted:

The color guys in PIT had the rule wrong, I think. Ben had a foot at/behind the line and that’s all he needed

Ah okay that would make some sense cause otherwise that would be super egregiously wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oldgoatmon posted:

you're saying long gains are more yards than short gains?

do you have any other examples I'm having trouble seeing this

Jonathan Fisk posted:

as long as you acknowledge what you're saying lol

okay follow me here. without that one 57 yard pass, Josh Allen is 7-13 for 69 yard (nice) with 3 sacks for 22 yards.

thats not good!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jackie D posted:

IIRC the entire player has to cross the LOS for a pass to be illegal

Ahh, if that's the case I get it.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Jackie D posted:

IIRC the entire player has to cross the LOS for a pass to be illegal

According to some beat writers on twitter that is correct

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
lol the announcers don't know the rules. His entire body has to be over the line, his foot was clearly still behind the line when he threw

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Yeah Gillislee isn’t doing anything.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

pmchem posted:

The color guys in PIT had the rule wrong, I think. Ben had a foot at/behind the line and that’s all he needed

Yeah, just one foot on/behind the line is still legal

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
*bong*

Eat it Eagles

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Alaois posted:

okay follow me here. without that one 57 yard pass, Josh Allen is 7-13 for 69 yard (nice) with 3 sacks for 22 yards.

thats not good!

I got no horse in this race I just thought the comment was funny out of context

I'm not watching the bills game, there are nfl teams playing today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

panthers gonna be down 14 points next time they get the ball and will never threaten again.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Rule 8, Article 2 posted:

Note: It is a forward pass from beyond the line of scrimmage if the passer’s entire body and the ball are beyond the line of scrimmage when the ball is released, whether the passer is airborne or touching the ground. The penalty for a forward pass thrown from beyond the line is enforced from the spot where the ball is released.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
lol chiefs

Dr. Cuddles
Jul 18, 2010
man what a fuckin doink

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jesus gently caress Fitzpatrick had almost 300 yards in a half lmao

He really is going to play himself into one more payday huh?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

According to some beat writers on twitter that is correct

Yeah I believe they changed this after bottlegate to make it easier on the refs. It used to be the ball which is what Fouts was going on about, but it's easier to tell if the whole body is past than try to determine exactly when the ball is released.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Alaois posted:

if you take away his one good play where he said "gently caress it i'm going deep" he has literally half as many throwing yards, yes

gently caress it im going deep is pretty much the purpose of allen

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really deeply dislike Ben Roethlisberger.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Alaois posted:

thats not good!

Yeah, that guy that was drafted for his ability to chuck balls through a brick wall and extend and improvise plays... if you take away the big play where he does that, he's bad!!!

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I don't understand why you don't even try to give it to Hill there.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Lol @ all the Steelers get all the calls tears

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pasaluki posted:

He should do it more then, because its the one thing he's actually good at. if he was having a Ryan Fitzpatrick game where every play other than a deep bomb sucked but all the deep bombs were touchdowns, he'd actually be having a good game

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Yeah, that guy that was drafted for his ability to chuck balls through a brick wall and extend and improvise plays... if you take away the big play where he does that, he's bad!!!

i'm sorry that i'm not recognizing all of the theoretical great plays he's been doing that are scoring touchdowns

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

man, Tyrod Taylor would be a TERRIBLE qb if you took away his mobility!

420_Power_Rangers
Dec 9, 2014

Gotta Hate Something

pasaluki posted:

He can throw it in a hurricane! - real, actual thought process behind drafting Allen

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
I don't know if the Browns defense is playing really well or Drew Brees and the Saints offense is playing badly. The Saints did score 40 points last week so to only have 3 points through the half is... disappointing.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

NFL Medical: WE'VE GOT RADIOS

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch
6-6 browns tiechat should be started by now

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Alaois posted:

He should do it more then, because its the one thing he's actually good at. if he was having a Ryan Fitzpatrick game where every play other than a deep bomb sucked but all the deep bombs were touchdowns, he'd actually be having a good game

uh well you have to be standing upright to throw the football a long ways
the oline gives him maybe enough time for an occasional screen pass

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Lote posted:

I don't know if the Browns defense is playing really well or Drew Brees and the Saints offense is playing badly. The Saints did score 40 points last week so to only have 3 points through the half is... disappointing.

Browns defense looked good last week

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chiefs ought to remain cool, if they want to be cool still.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
I still never saw the hold on the Big Ben fumble either. I’m sticking with refs in the tank for the Steelers even if perhaps big bens back foot wasn’t beyond the 14.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Lote posted:

browns def has been lowkey good for awhile i think

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

pasaluki posted:

Right, his ideal state is a patrick mahones esque player.

Unfortunately he's on the Bills with no line and no weapons.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

drat Taylor took a shot

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

indigi posted:

Eagles fans telling me the secondary was fine: lol

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'm not sure my mind can handle a Packers defence that's actually... competent? :stare:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

I don't understand why you don't even try to give it to Hill there.

Mahomes claims he can try a hail mary after a touchback.

I guess it's probably wise to not open him up to a hit on a like .01% chance play in a tie game, although I'd have liked to see it too.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Claaark and Mathews doing a sack

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Packers D is good again.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Not gonna call that h2h for poor Tyrod, huh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Everytime I see a sack I expect a flag for driving the qb to the ground.

Dont really understand that rule.

• Locked thread