Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sit/Start Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867454&pagenumber=8&perpage=40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Forgot that thread existed. Thanks Beer.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I think I’m doing it. I think I’m starting two Washington rbs

Mostly on the fear that I 100% will start the wrong one if I roll one. That’s not a good fantasy philosophy lmao

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

the_american_dream posted:

Mostly on the fear that I 100% will start the wrong one if I roll one. That’s not a good fantasy philosophy lmao

That is the worst feeling though so I can appreciate it. Although Washington can be gross.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I think I’m doing it. I think I’m starting two Washington rbs

I'm somehow starting both Jets RB's. drat you Fournette and Freeman

Definitely not a very good fantasy philosophy.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
So Jene Bramel is comparing Rodgers injury to what Bradford dealt with last year... I’d be selling if possible

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Ugh. Cmon Indy. Let me know if Mack is playing or not because I don't want to start Breida if I don't have to.

E: he's active :woop:

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Matt Zerella posted:

Ugh. Cmon Indy. Let me know if Mack is playing or not because I don't want to start Breida if I don't have to.

E: he's active :woop:

I feel like breida has a safer floor than a guy coming off injury into a RBBC situation.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Someone offered me Nyheim Hines and Duke Johnson for Derrick Henry and I kind of want to block them on all social media

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
12 team half PPR with 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST and 5 bench spots.

ECR seems to think that Tarik Cohen is a viable flex play. Would you drop the Denver DST (who you won't play for two weeks) to stash him even though he would be your RB5 behind Gurley, Ajayi, Peterson, and Hyde?

My team seems so stacked that I don't know what else to do with that spot. QB is Cousins (stash Stafford or Trubisky?), WRs are Green, Sanders, Diggs, Jeffery, J. Brown, and Golladay (stash uh... Grant?), TE is Kittle (stash RSJ or Smith?).

Feels weird doing nothing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Poque posted:

Someone offered me Nyheim Hines and Duke Johnson for Derrick Henry and I kind of want to block them on all social media

Is it PPR?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Poque posted:

Dion outsnapped Henry by more than 2:1 and looked like the better back. Henry was a rb3 or worse in a 45/55 timeshare last year, and isn't the receiving back.

Duke was RB14 behind another back last year in HPPR. He got 5 carries and 6 targets last week, in line with his prior year volume.

I don't think it's a bad offer, but I'm not a believer in Henry.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Chris Thompson owners rejoice I have decided to start Peterson

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Matt Zerella posted:

It's week 2. I care more about ceiling than floor at this point and Breida is in a hellish RBBc too.

I am very very dumb.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 16, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

It is not.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I have one starting in one league and the other in a different league so they'll both suck.

Hth.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Same. Feels bad man.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

12 team half PPR with 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST and 5 bench spots.

ECR seems to think that Tarik Cohen is a viable flex play. Would you drop the Denver DST (who you won't play for two weeks) to stash him even though he would be your RB5 behind Gurley, Ajayi, Peterson, and Hyde?

My team seems so stacked that I don't know what else to do with that spot. QB is Cousins (stash Stafford or Trubisky?), WRs are Green, Sanders, Diggs, Jeffery, J. Brown, and Golladay (stash uh... Grant?), TE is Kittle (stash RSJ or Smith?).

Feels weird doing nothing.

With that depth I’m stashing a 2nd D/ST honestly.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Gordon went to waivers in one of my leagues. I’m thinking of dropping either Mack or Robert Woods for him. Who’s the better guy to drop?

I have Nuk, Mike Evans, and JuJu for my non trash WRs, and Saquon, James Conner, and Beast Mode for my non trash RBs.

I feel like my WRs are more solid so I’m leaning towards dropping Woods but statsgoons please try and persuade me otherwise.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Why do you want Gordon?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
IDP people- Which of these LB do you think has the best chance of getting sacks this week (for a weekly challenge in my money league)?

Anthony Hitchens KCC @ PIT
Darron Lee NYJ @ MIA
Darius Leonard IND @ WAS
Telvin Smith JAX @ NE
Shaq Thompson CAR @ ATL

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I wouldn’t drop anyone for Gordon except maybe some end of the bench super deep sleepers in a dynasty league like Laquon Treadwell or something.

The odds of him being a productive player this season are very slim.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Azhais posted:

IDP people- Which of these LB do you think has the best chance of getting sacks this week (for a weekly challenge in my money league)?

Anthony Hitchens KCC @ PIT
Darron Lee NYJ @ MIA
Darius Leonard IND @ WAS
Telvin Smith JAX @ NE
Shaq Thompson CAR @ ATL

Sack focused I’m going Telvin Smith

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012

Hand Row posted:

Why do you want Gordon?

I’m dumb. Same reason people stash Dez. Hoping he gets picked up by a team and exceeds expectations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

funny way to spell posted:

I’m dumb. Same reason people stash Dez. Hoping he gets picked up by a team and exceeds expectations.

I own both in a dynasty league. FML

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
https://twitter.com/michael_cohen13/status/1041360679100461057?s=21

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

With that depth I’m stashing a 2nd D/ST honestly.

Oh good I'm not completely crazy.

Hand Row posted:

Why do you want Gordon?

Upside. Cleveland is a dumpster fire of an organization. Gordon's skill set is fairly simple; run fast and get open. With a QB like Smith that could lead to some really good weeks. If healthy and sober he could be a major upgrade for backfields like Washington, Dallas, Arizona, or even NE.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Looks like DeSean-Fitz might be legit this year hahaha

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I benched Thompson for ajayi :cry:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Is ESPN scoring hosed up for anyone else? It was showing Kareem hunt with -55 yards and Mahomes had about 89 yards passing and now it’s showing one less completion (the big one for 40 yards).

Edit: Glad I stuck with Doyle over Ebron, ugh. He looks like a big TD target for luck.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Moving forward: Never start a player against the Browns??? What universe am I in?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

Moving forward: Never start a player against the Browns??? What universe am I in?

Pretty nuts the Saints will increase survivor odds only 2 games in.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrSargent posted:

Is ESPN scoring hosed up for anyone else? It was showing Kareem hunt with -55 yards and Mahomes had about 89 yards passing and now it’s showing one less completion (the big one for 40 yards).

Edit: Glad I stuck with Doyle over Ebron, ugh. He looks like a big TD target for luck.

Mahomes broke it.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Carlson you piece of poo poo

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Is Peyton Barber worth holding onto?

I'm gonna throw in a claim for John Brown and it's either him or Geronimo Allison. ATM i'm liking Allison a lot more.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

VietCampo posted:

Is Peyton Barber worth holding onto?

I'm gonna throw in a claim for John Brown and it's either him or Geronimo Allison. ATM i'm liking Allison a lot more.

Feels like he's a touchdown or bust guy and not a lot of upside. The only reason I could see holding onto him is that he's the clear lead back and has been getting touches.

I'd rather have Allison too. Actually dropped him for Allison earlier in the week when the news about Adams being banged up came out.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Making my Melvin Gordon for David Johnson trade look stupid

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

89 posted:

Making my Melvin Gordon for David Johnson trade look stupid

Was it after week 1?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
https://twitter.com/azcardinals/status/1041452626041159681?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gonna be 0-2 in both of my two leagues, despite having the 2nd highest score of the week in 3 of those 4 games. Fantasy!