Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I've been repeatedly having a glitch where I stand up while mounted. I don't know if anyone else can see the Good Ol' Argonian Guar Rodeo, but it's fun when it happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Jedit posted:

I've been repeatedly having a glitch where I stand up while mounted. I don't know if anyone else can see the Good Ol' Argonian Guar Rodeo, but it's fun when it happens.

It's been around forever and I have the impression they've decided to keep it. Needs circus music, though.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Which quest line do people think is better: Thieves or Dark Brotherhood? I always enjoy both in TES games, and I'll do both of them here, just curious if one is a clear winner to do first.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

xZAOx posted:

Which quest line do people think is better: Thieves or Dark Brotherhood? I always enjoy both in TES games, and I'll do both of them here, just curious if one is a clear winner to do first.
Thieves

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

xZAOx posted:

Dark Brotherhood.

(I hate the Thieves Guild quests, the forced stealth missions feel totally broken unless you're a NB or Bosmer, and having the DB's Blade of Woe before you start makes a lot of it easier)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Thieves Guild is probably my favorite storyline in the game, but I'm a sucker for heist stories. DB is really good itself too, though.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
going to split the difference and say that the Dark Brotherhood is a much better questline however the Thieves Guild is not only more light-hearted and fun all of the set pieces are much more attractive and all of the characters are a hundred times better.

at the end of the day in my opinion Thieves Guild is going to make you feel way better in real life.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Only thing from Thieves' Guild I disliked are the (optional) heists, which just seemed undoable without a character speced for stealth. The main Thieves' Guild storyline has nothing like that, though amusingly the hardest part of the entire quest chain is sneaking into the manor at the beginning of the very first quest. Also, Forever Hold Your Peace is one of the most fun quests in all of ESO.

I'm not fond of playing an assassin in RPGs, so I still haven't gone farther than the second story quest in Dark Brotherhood in the almost two years I've been playing this game. Definitely start it, though, because Blade of Woe is just generally nice to have.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Rollersnake posted:

Only thing from Thieves' Guild I disliked are the (optional) heists, which just seemed undoable without a character speced for stealth.

correct, its basically group pve dungeons but for sneak thieves

pretty fun but the rewards haven't really been updated and thieves guild motifs don't go for nearly as much as they used to when they were worth the trouble

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

Snowy posted:

Sexy little glitch, I don’t know how to embed it

https://i.imgur.com/cxd49LL.mp4

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Rollersnake posted:

Only thing from Thieves' Guild I disliked are the (optional) heists, which just seemed undoable without a character speced for stealth. The main Thieves' Guild storyline has nothing like that, though amusingly the hardest part of the entire quest chain is sneaking into the manor at the beginning of the very first quest.

The mission where you join Versa and throw the stinkbomb for distraction is literally the worst in the game.

Don't @ me.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
:shrug: I'm not very good at stealth games and I never had much trouble with that one. Yeah, the path you have to take through the warehouse is more complicated than it looks, but it's a relatively small area with obvious hiding places.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Coldforge posted:

The mission where you join Versa and throw the stinkbomb for distraction is literally the worst in the game.

Don't @ me.

*while wearing all medium armor and hiding in a laundry basket* maybe you should get good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Berke Negri posted:

*while wearing all medium armor and hiding in a laundry basket* maybe you should get good

No can do, far too out of character.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Is there any kind of unlisted achievement or perk for just saying gently caress it and slaughtering everyone including the named boss in a heist?

Because in general im about thiiiis close to just saying gently caress it and slaughtering everyone in a heist.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

no there is not *peeking out of a garbage can* so get good

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Better option; skip everything about thieves guild that isn’t story required and gives a skill point (I’ll admit the story is pretty goodish).

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

A group of us are thinking of hitting DSA up this weekend and some other dungeons (COAII is on the list) to get people gear. Probably Friday or Saturday. Your best bet to get more info about this would be to join the discord.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I've got a bug that I've seen others have, but their solution doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running ESO on Steam and it wants me to install it when it's already installed. I've tried just running the eso steam launcher in the launcher folder but the game says it can't detect steam and won't run. Has anyone come across this one and knows the fix?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Starshark posted:

I've got a bug that I've seen others have, but their solution doesn't seem to work for me. I'm running ESO on Steam and it wants me to install it when it's already installed. I've tried just running the eso steam launcher in the launcher folder but the game says it can't detect steam and won't run. Has anyone come across this one and knows the fix?

Just deleted everything and reinstalled. Seems to have worked.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
My game has a clock in the upper right hand corner thats tuned to 24 hour military time. I can't figure out what's causing it to be there. It's still there when I disable all add-ons, I can't find any mention of it in the settings and I can't find any mention of its existence on Google. I want to turn this clock off, anyone have any ideas?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

lemme see a screenshot might give a better idea

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
It sounds like the LUI info panel module, but you've deleted all your add ons, so I dunno.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Coldforge posted:

It sounds like the LUI info panel module, but you've deleted all your add ons, so I dunno.

Disabled doesn't necessarily mean deleted. Not even deleted always sticks... I once tried to stuff an add-on in a different subfolder to get the game to stop using it, cause I was testing out a few different mods that did similar things, but it turns out that didn't work... the game still found it. That fucker had to be completely gone from the whole game directory before bits of it stopped showing up in my game.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
So maybe go into your add-ons folder and just manually delete anything in there. Documents->Elder Scrolls Online->live->Addons (the Addons folder outside the 'live' directory does nothing).

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

It'll persist unless you delete that addon file from your SavedVariables folder.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Cat Pilot posted:

A group of us are thinking of hitting DSA up this weekend and some other dungeons (COAII is on the list) to get people gear. Probably Friday or Saturday. Your best bet to get more info about this would be to join the discord.

Bumping this, as there have no replies. No interest?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I don't think I'm going to have time to do DSA today (particularly since I haven't done it before), but I'd be up for giving it a shot next weekend. If we want to try scheduling this or trial runs, I'm free Thursdays and Fridays. Saturdays are a bit iffy for me since I work early Sunday morning.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Rollersnake posted:

I don't think I'm going to have time to do DSA today (particularly since I haven't done it before), but I'd be up for giving it a shot next weekend. If we want to try scheduling this or trial runs, I'm free Thursdays and Fridays. Saturdays are a bit iffy for me since I work early Sunday morning.

Well, so long as you don't have any more Friday birthdays until next year, that could work out.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Coldforge posted:

Bumping this, as there have no replies. No interest?

I'll be back in town to dps vDSA next weekend

I'll dps for anything really, I crave goon socialization

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben

Berke Negri posted:

I'll dps for anything really, I crave goon socialization

Same. I'm also down to be a half-assed healer that's just one of my DPS characters with a resto staff, for dungeons where that's good enough to get by.

Coldforge posted:

Well, so long as you don't have any more Friday birthdays until next year, that could work out.

I'd like to stave off my looming midlife crisis, so I'm going to try to stay 34 as long as I can. No promises, though.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 15, 2018

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Rollersnake posted:

Same. I'm also down to be a half-assed healer that's just one of my DPS characters with a resto staff, for dungeons where that's good enough to get by.

I do this on my maelstrom farmer sorc to get keys, I legit have people saying I do a better job than a lot of pug healers they've grouped with who were actual healers haha

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

Error 404 posted:

I do this on my maelstrom farmer sorc to get keys, I legit have people saying I do a better job than a lot of pug healers they've grouped with who were actual healers haha

I have this happen a lot when I tank on my healer.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

Could I have a guild invite? @MinnesotaManatee aka Raveon Relvani, approaching 160.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

do potions that regen health over time stack with rally?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Yes, unless something very wrong has happened.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

JackBadass posted:

I have this happen a lot when I tank on my healer.

In the grim darkness of the future all roles will be played by dps avoiding long-rear end queue times, the only way tanks and healers will get pugs is by queueing as dps...

I mean gently caress, I just "healed" my way through a no death speed run hard mode vet white gold tower.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Man, one newbie tip I wish I had been told - don't let your crafting skill and experience level get far apart. Doing my daily writs were miserable, just trying to farm up stuff for them and half the time getting the wrong stuff.

They finally got in sync (at CP 40) and my god, it's so much quicker to get the mats needed. Nevar againz.

I know I could've just bought the mats for the writs, but when I'm mainly doing the writs for gold, seems kind of counter-productive, heh.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
As a newbie can you explain what that means? Like what are the daily writs for crafting, I'm about level 15 and starting the clothier/blacksmithing stuff but haven't seen that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Daily writs are nothing but a daily crafting quest. You get six, one for each profession.

First, you need to get "certified" for each crafting profession. Those quests start in the mage guilds I think? They're easy, you just make a thing for each one.

You get certified, then boards in each town will give you the crafting writs. Two boards - one for the wearables (blacksmithing, clothing, woodworking), one for consumables (alchemy, provisioning, enchanting).

Now the writs will give you quests to make stuff at your crafting level. Your crafting level is determined by the first passive in each crafting line. Go look, and you'll see it's at like 1/10 (depends on the crafting). As you level up the craft, you'll be able to buy higher ranks with skill points. As you do, the crafting writs will have you make that newer stuff.

The issue is when you're out in the world gathering, 50% of the nodes will match your characters level - like say you're level 40. The other 50% of the nodes will match your crafting skill level - so like if you've never put a skill point into your crafting lines, it'll be the very first tier of gear, which is like 1-10 or something, I dunno, I can't remember the exact breakpoints. So in this scenario, half the nodes would be for level 10 gear, the other would be for level 40 gear.

However, once you get them lined up together, now it's a lot quicker to gather mats, as 100% will match.

At this point, I'm going to sit on leveling up my crafting anymore until I hit the next tier in my experience (which I think is at CP 60 - one you hit level 50, you start going up in champion points, which are tiered too, until CP 160, and that's the gear cap).

Edit: if this seems confusing, it's not, I just suck at explaining. Check out this page for an example: https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Blacksmithing

You can see the first rank, Metalworking I, is gear 1-14. Then Metalworking 2 is 16-24, etc.

Also note that for the consumables, it was much less annoying for them to be out of sync.

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Sep 17, 2018