Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Knifegrab posted:

Are all weapons projectile or is everything hitscan except for snipers?

All weapons are modelled with tennis ball bullet travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I suck at this game but it’s kinda fun.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I feel like armor provides too much resistance.

Mahasamatman
Nov 8, 2006

Flame on the trail headed for the powder keg
I won my first and only solo game. I only saw 4 people and I killed them all. 2 with the revolver, 1 with a molotov and the last kill I rushed a dude with my tomahawk. pretty cool

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The good thing is it seems like for once these betas are actual betas and they're taking complaints into account.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should make a battle royale but it's battlefield 2142.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Knifegrab posted:

I feel like armor provides too much resistance.

40% at level 1, from what I hear. Goes up to 50% at 2, then 55% AND Headshots at 3.

At least it breaks.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Groovelord Neato posted:

they should make a battle royale but it's battlefield 2142.

I loved 2142, I wish they would remake it or something.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

this game crashes more than i would find acceptable for a full priced game

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game is good for practicing my musicianship. You can hear how much better my second rendition of jingle bells is than the first.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq3BCtsIevY

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I am easily entertained

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Kizurue posted:

I loved 2142, I wish they would remake it or something.

it was just the best.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

they should make a battle royale but it's Titanfall 3

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Okay, so maybe I'm warming up to Blackout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlvUoLQkeI

Gordon Shumway fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 17, 2018

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Gordon Shumway posted:

Okay, so maybe I'm warming up to Blackout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlvUoLQkeI

I'm not sure if it's good or bad you can't hear me screaming in the background. Wait, most definitely a good thing but I was losing it over that.

Kizurue fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 17, 2018

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Gordon Shumway posted:

Hahaha goddamn that’s amazing.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Gordon Shumway posted:

I hope you're never able to turn grass off even over distance just for more poo poo like this

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I hope you're never able to turn grass off even over distance just for more poo poo like this

He's on a console so there's more or less no settings you can change. Unfortunately, PC game makers don't just tell players with bad computers to upgrade or suffer the bad FPS.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Idk about grass, but trees sure get a downgrade after 100m. Look through a sniper scope and it's Minecraft-vision. That said they just look like poo poo, you can still hide behind them.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

In this episode, Jebus and I backseat drive coach Jones to final victory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnHd7doyBc

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mister Facetious posted:

Okay uh what the gently caress is wrong with my thing, it's not letting me view this video.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Facetious posted:

:downs: I don't feel too awful about last night since I'm still learning the map and how everything works. Took half a dozen matches before I learned to glide proper. Also I said gently caress it to work today so I'll be on this morning until the beta ends if anyone is around for grouping.

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
https://gfycat.com/SoupyDearestHumpbackwhale

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
what's the goon discord server/invite for ps4 COD peeps?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I don't think anyone has made one for PS4 players yet.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

vivisectvnv posted:

what's the goon discord server/invite for ps4 COD peeps?
We usually just use the group and party chat.

e: Beta was extended for a couple of hours to allow for 100 players if any PS4 goons are on me and Coltron are playing.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 17, 2018

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Watching these clips really highlights the difference between people sitting 8 feet from their TVs and using speakers vs PC players.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

VulgarandStupid posted:

Watching these clips really highlights the difference between people sitting 8 feet from their TVs and using speakers vs PC players.

How so?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
That beta was good. Real good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m thinking this might be a good year for COD. We can finally say goodbye to the greatest COD of all time: Infinite Warfare.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:imunfunny:

1500 posted:

How so?

With headphones, it's really, really easy to determine the direction and distance of enemy combatants.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

With headphones, it's really, really easy to determine the direction and distance of enemy combatants.

Honestly, I had issues with the game’s audio all beta. The directional audio was fine (I could always tell where the shots / steps are coming from) but I feel the proximity/loudness was off. Awareness makes this way worse to the point where I rather not use it because it feels like someone is right next to me but no they’re still pretty loving far. Also the audio from your own movement not being the exact same audio you generate is incredibly loving stupid game design and should be fixed before launch. So just because you don’t hear yourself when crouched doesn’t mean your opponent can still clearly hear you crouching.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I had audio issues, too. I'd be in the parking deck at Construction and I'd hear people two or three floors up as if they were next to me.

It only got worse with awareness.

Nov 3, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

:imunfunny:

Yes, but you can have true surround sound with console and speakers.

Edit: My bad I forget that not everyone has a surround sound system. I had no problem telling direction, distance was hosed for a lot of stuff, but was great for footsteps (other than team mates).

1500 fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 17, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

1500 posted:

Yes, but you can have true surround sound with console and speakers, or just run headphones.

Normal people don't use surround speakers.

Nov 3, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

Normal people don't use surround speakers.

ya, I had already edited my post. Easy solution would be for console players to just connect headphones to their controller. I have done this and the fake surround sound works great. Not that they will.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Normal people don’t play Call of Duty.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Along with all the other sound stuff, I noticed way more ambient garbage noise than in any other past CoD game, which is also louder than anything else.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

^ - gently caress those sparking fuse boxes.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Normal people don’t play Call of Duty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Any recommendations for headsets? Something under £50 that's decent if possible.