Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

This is the best Chiefs offense that has ever been fielded.

Early results are good but let's let the season play out before sleeping on 2003.

Different types of offense for sure, but man that 2003 team could just run sweeps behind Roaf and Shields and have it be an effective two minute offense because no one could even slow down the running game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Athanatos posted:

So these 2 things combined, he put so much into the pass he came off the ground, and from the Refs view Mathews lifted as he tackled.

Seems a bad call with the slow-mo view, but in real time from behind it probably looked way worse.

So if they hit them so hard it lifts them up and slams then down that's a penalty? I just.. I dont see that in the rules anywhere and it doesn't make much sense.

All these QB rules are becoming pretty ridiculous, honestly 2 hand touch at this point makes more sense.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Football today :psyduck:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Rams good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cards suck poo poo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

adaz posted:

Guys Ryan Fitzpatrick postgame garment selection has another plot twist
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041441410443091968

Bronco's going to trade for the FitzMagic and pay him.

Is this the season Larry Fitzgerald just finally says "gently caress it" and bails?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

adaz posted:

So if they hit them so hard it lifts them up and slams then down that's a penalty? I just.. I dont see that in the rules anywhere and it doesn't make much sense.

According to that tweet they put out yeah.

quote:

All these QB rules are becoming pretty ridiculous

Agree.

They are trying to keep the lack of worth a poo poo QBs a secret by protecting the ones they have.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1041456780818042880

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
E: wrong thread.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Fire Zane Gonzelez into the sun, his missed kicks have cost us two games already. Sign Dan Bailey.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

adaz posted:

Guys Ryan Fitzpatrick postgame garment selection has another plot twist
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041441410443091968

The Bucs are like kryptonite to the Eagles but I can’t be mad at this.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
hot take: it's bullshit that ryan fitzpatrick is getting lauded and adored for being all extra as gently caress at a press conference but when cam was having his winning season he got poo poo on left and right for eccentric outfits

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen looked bad but kind of in a normal bad way.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Admiral Bosch posted:

hot take: it's bullshit that ryan fitzpatrick is getting lauded and adored for being all extra as gently caress at a press conference but when cam was having his winning season he got poo poo on left and right for eccentric outfits

Cam's outfits looked loving stupid

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ByRyanWood/status/1041442438563483648

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Everything but the hats were great

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Raku posted:

Cam's outfits looked loving stupid

go to hell

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
The hats were great too, everyone needs to dress like this all the time

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jags

Bitch

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Duvallllll

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Josh Allen looked bad but kind of in a normal bad way.
With him under center, we're probably better than the Cardinals.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
It feels like the AFC is way more open than it's been in a long time.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
it's lit y'all

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Go Jags.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
Overall meh. Losing Flowers hurt, Chung less so but still somewhat, WRs sucked, normal early season loss stuff for the Pats. Jags looked good, defense is solid+, Bortles had a day. Jalen Ramsey is cool and good but I also hate that if we meet in the postseason it's going to be another week of the media bending over backwards even more than normal trying to get something to talk about.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hahahahaha raiders.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

It feels like the AFC is way more open than it's been in a long time.

Is this the time of year where everyone talks about the AFC finally being competitive and that the Patriots finally will come back to earth?

But then we are wrong.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How the gently caress is Bradford still starting?

Jesus

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey Browns fans leave this guy alone

https://twitter.com/ZaneGonzo36/status/1041428471929552897

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

a new study bible! posted:

How the gently caress is Bradford still starting?

Jesus
What's even up with him? He looked great as recently as Week 1 of last year. Did his body finally give out or something?
In any case, it's becoming clear that the Cardinals won't be competing for anything.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/1041459510622138370

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Admiral Bosch posted:

Cam didn't steal his outfits from his teammates lockers.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So what did the Raiders get for letting Mack go? Any particular players? Or just cap space?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Admiral Bosch posted:

It's almost like there is a bias of some sort afoot

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I didn't know Joseph Seed was a quarterback in his previous life.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Well, well, well.. here the Dolphins are - in first place. Just like we all thought.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Flikken posted:

Is this the time of year where everyone talks about the AFC finally being competitive and that the Patriots finally will come back to earth?

But then we are wrong.

Feel like it's genuine this time. Not just the Patriots, but the Steelers look like garbage in a lot of ways, plus you even have the Dolphins looking ok so far. Jaguars from the south, Bengals from the north, Chiefs from the west. One of those teams already has beaten the Patriots and did so pretty soundly.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Gruden and the Pats losing gives me something ti keep watching footballs for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Bucs Jags Super Bowl: The Battle for Florida

• Locked thread