Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Everyone stop talking about whatever you guys are talking about and start talking about Pat "Pat!" Mahomes

More TDs than incompletions

https://i.imgur.com/M5vNGW1.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/zBzdCdh.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/1e2dIAP.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/fMf7wnK.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/ru4f6r7.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/QBW1I23.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/nRbrJsl.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/UBBNXEf.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Jj watt is a stupid pathetic bitchmade loser. Tits Up

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Went to the 49ers game, it was fun! Some dude yelled at me to suck his dick, but it was a decent crowd for the most part. The Lions also only lost by 3 and probably would have won if not for a holding penalty, so after last week I'll take what I can get.

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Dear Bills,
Boo.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Jags binch

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
fun fact: JJ Watt hasn't had a sack in 2 years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Chargers observations:

-Chargers cannot run up the middle. Every single positive gain is a swing pass or something to the outside. Stop running Gordon up the middle for his loving stupid 1 or 0 yard carries.

-Pass protection looked great in the first half and really struggled in the 2nd half. Fix that.

-Derwin James is really good.

-I hope Taiwan Jones is okay

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
So between Buffalo and Arizona, who going to end up being the worst team this year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Buffalo

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Bills should trade a first for Sam Bradford imo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, have you seen what college kickers do in your average week? It's easier to kick field goals in college because of no K ball and some other things even though the hashes are wider and the vast majority of those kickers really suck.

wouldn't a K ball be more reliable than a game ball that's taken some uneven amount of wear

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Did anyone point out yet that if the Packers just ran then ball instead of having Aaron Rodgers trying to take kill shots at the end zone they would have used up all the Vikings timeouts and probably won the game? Mike McCarthy is a big, dumb moron

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
he's a big dumb moron but not for that really - it's Aaron Rodgers, you want the ball in his hands when poo poo is tight

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

So between Buffalo and Arizona, who going to end up being the worst team this year?

Buffalo showed some signs of life in the second half against the Chargers, even if the latter was just running down the clock and wanting to get out with the win. The Cards have scored like 6 points in two games. The Rams are probably a SB caliber team, but even still, they flat out look like they couldn't compete at all.

Both aren't good but Arizona being the more dismal of the two both weeks in is really surprising.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

indigi posted:

he's a big dumb moron but not for that really - it's Aaron Rodgers, you want the ball in his hands when poo poo is tight

Yeah but at that point you are up by 6, you are in field goal range and on the good side of the two minute warning. They could have ran the ball or even just ran two short passing plays, anything to keep the clock running and now the Vikings are getting the ball back with 1:30 left and no timeouts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

indigi posted:

wouldn't a K ball be more reliable than a game ball that's taken some uneven amount of wear

Kickers like a ball with give to it or something?

I guess I don't know if they allow college kickers to do this or not but before the K Ball in the NFL kickers would pick the ball they were going to kick with and just beat the living poo poo out of it on the sideline all day while the game was going on.

e: I suppose kickers are more accurate now so maybe it did nothing? That was definitely a thing that happened back in the day though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

It'll be Detroit when the team goes into open revolt against Patricia (which will happen if/when they lose to NE by more than 10 next week)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Durandal1707 posted:

his whole contract was guaranteed at the start of the season, offhand

:laffo:

If he retires it nullifies the agreement so no.

He likely keeps his game 1 check tho. He will have to return any bonus paid out.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah but at that point you are up by 6, you are in field goal range and on the good side of the two minute warning. They could have ran the ball or even just ran two short passing plays, anything to keep the clock running and now the Vikings are getting the ball back with 1:30 left and no timeouts.

On the two plays you’re thinking of, it should have worked. Passing is flukey and in normal situations you’re right, of course

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

DariusLikewise posted:

Did anyone point out yet that if the Packers just ran then ball instead of having Aaron Rodgers trying to take kill shots at the end zone they would have used up all the Vikings timeouts and probably won the game? Mike McCarthy is a big, dumb moron

Not really, the 2nd down play action was a good option, didn't the ball hit the receiver in the hands?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

If he retires it nullifies the agreement so no.

He likely keeps his game 1 check tho. He will have to return any bonus paid out.

I'd imagine he keeps the game 2 check too unless there's some provision specifically written in there about retiring in the middle of the game/refusing to play/whatever. Which might exist, I don't know.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I'd imagine he keeps the game 2 check too unless there's some provision specifically written in there about retiring in the middle of the game/refusing to play/whatever. Which might exist, I don't know.

I believe NFL contracts have a provision about refusing to play so they can probably fine him that week's game check if they really want that 200 grand or whatever (otherwise imagine what Bell would do). The fun part will be if Buffalo goes after the signing bonus they gave him.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals have scored the fewest points through 2 games since 1945

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Holy hell a pass that went more than 6 yards

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

wrong thread

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1041442705581072384

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Time to ban Skip for rivals.com puns.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Yeah I'm good with the kill shots. It nearly worked.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DariusLikewise posted:

Both of the throws were 100% on target. If he cost the vikings the TOs they just would have tied the game with zero seconds left instead of 30 seconds left and cost the packers their good chance for a game winning field goal.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bustedcoverage/status/1041458314478084097

a rowdy mullet
Feb 12, 2009
Just got back from my first Rams game at the Coliseum. Observations from a Seahawks fan:

- I never want to see Sam Bradford play quarterback ever again. if you're going to be that bad at least be entertaining about it; 3.3 ypa is some pop warner poo poo.
- Not sure whether the Rams were that good or the Cardinals were just that bad but that game was somehow boring as gently caress.
- The coliseum was very hot with no shade but perfectly ok otherwise, and if you want to smoke weed in public it seems to be a good place for it.

All in all not a bad seat for $7 (+ $9 in bullshit ticket master fees). Took this a bit before halftime; this is about as full as it got. I guess the rest of Los Angeles collectively has better things to do :v:

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a rowdy mullet posted:

Just got back from my first Rams game at the Coliseum. Observations from a Seahawks fan:

- I never want to see Sam Bradford play quarterback ever again. if you're going to be that bad at least be entertaining about it; 3.3 ypa is some pop warner poo poo.
- Not sure whether the Rams were that good or the Cardinals were just that bad but that game was somehow boring as gently caress.
- The coliseum was very hot with no shade but perfectly ok otherwise, and if you want to smoke weed in public it seems to be a good place for it.

All in all not a bad seat for $7 (+ $9 in bullshit ticket master fees). Took this a bit before halftime; this is about as full as it got. I guess the rest of Los Angeles collectively has better things to do :v:

Glad going on a Thursday night, place gets hot as balls

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

At the end of the first quarter, the Patriots were down 14-0. The Jaguars’ 14-0 lead marked the Patriots’ largest deficit after the first quarter since 2013. :randvince:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

a rowdy mullet posted:

I guess the rest of Los Angeles collectively has better things to do :v:

LA not supporting an NFL team? I'm shocked, this is totally without precedent.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Azhais posted:

LA not supporting an NFL team? I'm shocked, this is totally without precedent.

From everything I've heard the Coliseum is kind of a miserable experience these days though, to be fair.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh man. That's some honest-to-god mental illness right there. He should have caretaker or someone to prevent him from doing that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Looks like captain check down Alex Smith is back, Chris Thompson had 14 targets for the Redskins today. 6 more than any receiver.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

I honestly don't know how anyone can still be that passionate after all the years of Browns futility. Also how did this man not beat himself to death last season?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LabyaMynora posted:

Oh man. That's some honest-to-god mental illness right there. He should have caretaker or someone to prevent him from doing that.

What if he IS the caretaker and the dude next to him is the cartakee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If the Dolphins can start 3-0 with 2 Bills games and the Lions at home still on the schedule they might actually win 9!!!!!! games.

• Locked thread