Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Lol, what? Internet "humor" is easily > 90% poo poo, and all the actually funny stuff comes from like six places, and Drew Toothpaste is four of them.

u tried to argue that the GIP 2018 t shirt prank was some sort of fraud. you stink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

u tried to argue that the GIP 2018 t shirt prank was some sort of fraud. you stink

ahh that was so good does someone have the link handy

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
you're all some sort of fraud

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Should have gotten FYAD insurance.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Yeah VVA you're not making yourself look less like Landerig with posts like these.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

It objectively was, but it's immaterial, since most of the internet is stupid whether or not I am also stupid.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

It objectively was, but it's immaterial, since most of the internet is stupid whether or not I am also stupid.

It would have been a scam had he not also sent the shirts people had ordered. As it stands it was a harmless prank.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he literally only made one of the fake shirts and several people helped him trick goons into thinking he sent all of them fake shirts, there was straight up no scam or fraud involved

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Alaois posted:

he literally only made one of the fake shirts and several people helped him trick goons into thinking he sent all of them fake shirts, there was straight up no scam or fraud involved

Oh. In that case, it was a funny prank.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Alaois posted:

Wait, really? I totally missed this exciting development.
Voted funny

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The fake shirt was a better one than their dumb Operation Bomb Useless Dirt one, too.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wait, really? I totally missed this exciting development.
Voted funny

It's a great thread good stuff starts here.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The fake shirt was a better one than their dumb Operation Bomb Useless Dirt one, too.

For real

And only one exists, so it's a collector's item too

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Alaois posted:

I didnt hear about this part of it that rules.

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

A friend who worked at a strip bar once had a guy hit on her by saying he was a goon and he could get her a free account.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plz dont doxx me or renee

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

And people actually wanted to buy the fake shirt then too.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

pentyne posted:

And people actually wanted to buy the fake shirt then too.

Yup, so McNally tossed it on cafepress

https://www.cafepress.com/mf/113361411/gip-prank-2018_tshirt?productId=309211979
https://www.cafepress.com/dd/113361411

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
McNally owns

:mcnally:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sneakyfrog posted:

McNally owns

yeh, i assumed GIP was the containment zone for problematically right wing posters but it turns out they've all stared death and mindless bureaucratic hell in the eyes and have nothin but lols and not giving a gently caress to show for it. GIP rules.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
GIP is the guy who laughs and waddles/flails around in a collapsed camping chair after his buddies cut a little starter "x" in the seat

veni vidi amish screams red faced about how much that chair cost and sSOMEBODYS GOING TO BE PAYING FOR IT!!!! and ruins the camping trip

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

yeh, i assumed GIP was the containment zone for problematically right wing posters

that's TFR

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

GIP is the guy who laughs and waddles/flails around in a collapsed camping chair after his buddies cut a little starter "x" in the seat

veni vidi amish screams red faced about how much that chair cost and sSOMEBODYS GOING TO BE PAYING FOR IT!!!! and ruins the camping trip

lol

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Hmm. Hmmmmm. I feel like that's not what happened. Hmm.

Edit: vv Nah.

Veni Vidi Ameche! has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Sep 17, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
nah i also am p. sure that's how it went down

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Just so I understand, a Goon stole over $1,000 from other Goons, and some people - including posters in this very thread - are praising this.

I hope someone ratted him out to Paypal.

The design is the first thing in the thread. It literally says, “design finalization.” None of the “tweaks” he mentions include, “ship ginormous shirts no one can wear with a picture of me on them.”

I didn’t tattle, but I’m 100% fine with anyone who wants to be a narc in this situation.

Lol, OK, guys. The dude sold a lot of items to a lot of people, then didn’t deliver, but it’s OK because rules lawyering and crying emoticons, and also some people are laughing about it. Enjoy it, I guess. If he now ships the shirts everyone actually paid for, this becomes an epic prank. Otherwise, he’s just a douche who took money from people and didn’t deliver what he promised.

Compelling.

Nope. Your anger about this is funnier to me than that “prank” could ever be, though, so thanks for that.

I have no idea where you’re getting this dumb poo poo from. He attacked me, not the other way around. He was all RAWR and I told him I thought that was funny. Not sure what weird poo poo you’re reading into that.

Lol, what? I don’t remember ever interacting with you.

Lol. Almost 2,000 posts on this account, and maybe a dozen have involved any kind of drama or dust-up. You can’t think of a single thing I’ve ever said without stalking my history. You’re just a coward who wanted to get in some licks because you feel safe in a crowd.

My entire thesis was, “It’s a dick move to take $1,000 dollars from people, and not deliver what you promised,” and half a dozen goons lost their loving minds racing to their keyboards to poo poo on me for it. Lol, yeah. I’m the problem, here.

I ordered 28, and they fit OK, except they’re tight over my man-boobs. I don’t see how that’s relevant.

Did the guys who bought the shirts get caught on tape making an unprovoked attack the guy who made the shirts? It's my bad if I missed that part of the story.

I actually loled at the avatar.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

lol

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lol, OK guys,

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Hmmm. Hmmm. Hmmmmm.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

sneakyfrog posted:

McNally owns

He's as smooth as a shark, nature's smoothest animal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
almost frictionless

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Akett posted:

I'm kind of surprised the 1969 error regdate hasn't led to someone making a :regd69: smilie that just says "nice."

It wasn't an error Lowtax gave me that reg date as a joke

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

lol :mcnally:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Now quote the 200 replies from people shrieking and flinging poo poo like monkeys because I said it wasn't cool to take money and not deliver.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Now quote the 200 replies from people shrieking and flinging poo poo like monkeys because I said it wasn't cool to take money and not deliver.

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

ust shut the gently caress up already

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
e:

sorry

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

this broken hill posted:

you're all some sort of fraud

I admit it; I'm not a lobster in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mods?!?!