Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1041407348571615232?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That's just Joaquin Phoenix.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Thought those were photos from Jim Carrey's new show.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Joaquin is playing Andy kaufman?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
^^^^^a mentally unstable and perpetually frustrated comedian that no one understands that's into an extreme form of performance art that most people don't think is funny.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I hope this is what the Joker looks like throughout the entire movie. No clownface, no green hair. Just Joaquin dressed like a grampa.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Here's a headshot Todd Phillips posted.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Teenage Fansub posted:

Here's a headshot Todd Philips posted.

This is :effort: the promo photo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'd actually be pretty into that as the poster over anything more stylized and superficially creepy like a bloody knife or him making a Clockwork Orange smirk with half his face in make-up or whatever.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Sep 17, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Are we sure this isn't about an unrelated character also named The Joker?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm actually really okay with this, which is not an emotion I'd though I'd have concerning a Joker movie.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey, you know how one of the best things about the Joker is that we really don't know who he is or where he came from?

Well let's toss that aside and give him an origin!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

A movie about Joaquin as a failed 80's comedian turned to crime sounds way better than another straight up Joker film to me at this point in time.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

A movie about Joaquin as a failed 80's comedian turned to crime sounds way better than another straight up Joker film to me at this point in time.

I want the movie to end with Leto Joker walking by and Phoenix just shrugging and mugging to the camera/

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
But I also wanted the post credit scene of Suicide Squad to be Leto joker taking all the stupid poo poo off his face, wiipng off the fake tattoos and putting on a purple smoking jacket to relax with a drink while watching some abbot and costello

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

With De Nero there, it could secretly a King of Comedy sequel.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna call it right now that there's a scene with Joaquin Phoenix and someone else, and that person goes "You're such a joker!"

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jamesman posted:

I'm gonna call it right now that there's a scene with Joaquin Phoenix and someone else, and that person goes "You're such a joker!"

"You should lighten up!"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Joaquin Phoenix is going to be in a circus when a huge lightning bolt hits the circus and then Joaquin, giving him clown based super powers

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Joaquin was always afraid of clowns as a kid, but then he falls down a hole and the hole will be full of clowns and the clowns will start to fly around and envelop him, thus he will conquer his fear of clowns, start dressing up as a clown and go on to use his fathers wealth to assault and hospitalize street thugs in dark alleys

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Joaquin came to Earth as a child. His father sent him to our world as a last ditch effort to save him as their homeworld was destroyed... but when exposed to the Earths yellow sun, the child discovered he had powers... and became a clown

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Sep 17, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't really care about this Joker movie, because I have really turned on the character since the Dark Knight because the character has become one of those characters that lovely guys flock to because they see some weird "gently caress the world, i'm to edgy for you normies" like Rick. Plus they've turned him into some kind of generic serial killer in the comics and poo poo.

But this will probably piss those guys off, so I'm cool with it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Joe Kerr was a normal billionaire who sat one night enjoying his pipe in his mansion and musing to himself, "Hecklers are a superstitious cowardly lot. So my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, bland, terrible..." when suddenly Andrew Dice Clay smashes through his window. "That's it! It's an omen!" Joe cries.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I hope Joaquin whips his cock out and unloads

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
DC are cowards if they don't use my pitch about a man turning into a supervillain after being bitten by a radioactive clown.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Trapped in a cave by militants, an entertainment company exec dons a rudimentary set of clown make up to escape his captors.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
After being in a devastating car crash, a man goes on a journey of self discovery only to find an ancient order of clowns who embrace him and teaches him the mystical arts of clowning. This summer, Joaquin Phoenix will become The Clown Supreme

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
My name is Joe Kerr. After five years on a hilarious island, I have come home with only one goal, to entertain my city. But to do so, I can't be the comedian I once was. To honor my friend's memory, I must be someone else. I must be... something else.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Sep 17, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Joker was sculpted from (Andrew Dice) Clay on Para-Dice Island.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Sugar. Spice. And everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls. But Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... an entire clown

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My name is Joe Kerr. I used to be a clown. Until...

"We put a burn notice on you. You're blacklisted."

When you're burned, you've got nothing. No makeup, no spinning bow tie, no joy buzzers. You're stuck in whatever city they decide to dump you in.

"Where am I?"

"Gotham."

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

DC are cowards if they don't use my pitch about a man turning into a supervillain after being bitten by a radioactive clown.

Unironically this.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Sugar. Spice. And everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect little girls. But Professor Utonium accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... an entire clown

:discourse:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Joker's actually a prop comedian but he's so inept he keeps killing his audience.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
You people are so dumb. Look at the pictures. He's clearly about to be bit by a radioactive clown.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's actually a serious drama about a failed comedian. He commits suicide at the end.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Best joker,only joker.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I think if one of the best things about a character is a bit of largely meaningless trivia, then who gives a poo poo.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

"You wanna know how I got this scar?"

"You...were born with a cleft palate?"

"Oh. Yeah..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's actually a microform cleft (though Joaquin has been pretty vague about it) which I don't think necessarily requires reconstruction.

• Locked thread