Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paintamac
Oct 22, 2010
Gonna have to go with the tiny King Crimson myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There need to be JoJo nendos because I live in a small apartment and nendos are the only way I'm getting figurines to fit in it.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Wark Say posted:

There need to be JoJo nendos because I live in a small apartment and nendos are the only way I'm getting figurines to fit in it.

You're in luck, there will be Jotaro and Kakyoin nendos

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTh6mD1Ir8U

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
What's everybody's rankings for the 「GANG STARS」?

1. Bruno
2. Mista
2.5. Trish
3. Narancia
4. Giorno
5. Abbacchio
6. Fugo

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

1) Mista
2) Cocoa Jumbo
3) Bruno
4) Trish
5) DJ Premier
6) Polnareff
7) Narancia
8-13) Sex Pistols
14) Abacchio
15) Giorno
16) Fugo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I hope we manage to get to Coco Jumbo by Christmas so I can post Christmas Jambo

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Funky Valentine posted:

1) Mista
2) Cocoa Jumbo
3) Bruno
4) Trish
5) DJ Premier
6) Polnareff
7) Narancia
8-13) Sex Pistols
14) Abacchio
15) Giorno
16) Fugo

gently caress, this is the list. I can't believe that I didn't even think about Jumbo. Or the Sex Pistols.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Giorno is my favorite because he's kind and noble like his dad Jonathan but blonde and fabulous like his dad Dio

Finally catching up on the JoJolion chapters I fell behind on and man I need to reread from the start

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Sep 15, 2018

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
At every animation studio I've worked at, I've carefully worked to sneak Jojo characters or references in the background or among crowd scenes where feasible to do so. (Some shows you really can't. Others I get a lot of freedom to gently caress around with background characters.)

I have been hired to a new studio that does a lot of web shorts for anime fandom, and it looks like I will actually be able to make some Jojo references that aren't just background hidden jokes, but the actual subject of the films.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 16, 2018

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Spacedad posted:

At every animation studio I've worked at, I've carefully worked to sneak Jojo characters or references in the background or among crowd scenes where feasible to do so. (Some shows you really can't. Others I get a lot of freedom to gently caress around with background characters.)
Show an example please.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner

yeah actually they will posted:

Show an example please.

Every time a bunch of people are getting run over by a car, Waldo is there

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Still reading Steel Ball Run. When the steel balls were first introduced, I thought it was an interesting concept but had no idea how Araki came up with the idea. When the “golden spin” was explained it seemed like a reasonable pseudo scientific explanation that worked within the fictional context. And when they first showed two Italian dudes engaged in a steel ball duel and two balls collided with each other it hit me: steel balls are bocce.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

yeah actually they will posted:

Show an example please.
I think it was Axe Cop? Also, 'sup Spacedad!

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Pomplamoose posted:

Still reading Steel Ball Run. When the steel balls were first introduced, I thought it was an interesting concept but had no idea how Araki came up with the idea. When the “golden spin” was explained it seemed like a reasonable pseudo scientific explanation that worked within the fictional context. And when they first showed two Italian dudes engaged in a steel ball duel and two balls collided with each other it hit me: steel balls are bocce.

Same*

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
1. Mista
2. Bruno
3. Fugo
4. Giorno
5. Abbachio
6. Narancia

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
1. Mista
2. Bruno
3. Fugo
5. Giorno
6. Abbachio
7. Narancia

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
1. Prosciutto

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Boccia is a paralympic sport.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

We were a little delayed again but here

https://twitter.com/kewl0210/status/1042225294277521409?s=21

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Araki...

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

From the perspective of Mitsuba, it looks like Yasuho is having the worst loving trip.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I’m still not quite clear how Paisley Park works.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RatHat posted:

I’m still not quite clear how Paisley Park works.

She sent it through the computer to hook up to an mri machine to scan her body after the tiny pieces of DOCTOR tried to get into her underwear

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it interfaces with technology and uses it as a means to give others information they wouldn't have otherwise in a Purple Hermit like way (yasuho uses it to find info on suspects/josuke used it as google maps during Born This Way)or sometimes just altering the wheel of fate to make things happen (the Banana Or Dog Poop question). it seems that it kind of has some underlying will of it's own

sometimes it just does hacky stuff

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if Holly being at the same hospital is going to cone into play during the fight.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

I wonder if Holly being at the same hospital is going to cone into play during the fight.

Nah :P

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not usually one to feel like this but I thought that chapter was gross. We certainly didn't need descriptors about it trying to get inside.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

JoJo’s Manga Thread: Dr. Stone Wants to Crawl Up Your Vagina

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm not usually one to feel like this but I thought that chapter was gross. We certainly didn't need descriptors about it trying to get inside.

I think that’s the intended effect. Actually I think that’s been the intended effect for most of the weird body horror in JJL.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Less body horror, more puerile vibes.
Eh, can't win them all.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Paisley Park rules and this chapter Frikkin Sucked. I like Yasuho and all but the fact this poo poo keeps getting pulled on her over and over again is really putting me off Jojolion in general.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It felt very rapey imo and reminded me of the worst parts of steel ball run

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yup

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Didn't love it. Liked the setup at the end though

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's definitely getting some events set up but like usual my thought is 'there's so many other ways you could have done this, dude'

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It was very creepy, yeah.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Araki never fails to find new body horror poo poo to throw at us, huh? Fight's really starting to get interesting, worth the wait.

Mitsuba's Stand also looks pretty cool.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Well! This chapter certainly had some disturbing and nauseauting stuff in it. Aside from some, uh, unfortunate bits, that looks like an absolutely vicious stand.

Also, holy poo poo, implied abortion by equivalent exchange, PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE ARAKI PLEASE DON'T THE IMPLICATION IS HORROR ENOUGH, THANK YOU

There are some interesting implications for the overall story, too...

It seems from what the doctor said that the rock people really are trying to experiment with equivalent exchange. It's possible that they want to use it to create an entirely new being, actually, and Josuke's accidental creation is very close to what they want. Who knows? Maybe they want to use Johnny's preserved headless body and Dio's preserved head (Dino Dio, actually?!) to merge them into one person, or something. Taking an entire life with equivalent exchange (PLEASE DO NOT GO THERE ARAKI) might be one step for them to figure this out.

Don't ask me how Holly or Jobin's mom play into this, though

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if Dio is at the heart of this somehow I will holler but I doubt it's the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Regarding what the stand can do, it looked like it was coming out of mitsuba's nails so I feel like it could have easily been as horrific if they were just swarming for yasuho's nails too or something :( I don't mean to be whining so much about this but it's just such an awkward and sore bit sticking out of something that I normally like a lot