Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whats an BTB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I like Erik's voice

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Zaphod42 posted:

Also removing warthogs being a stupid thing about D1 and D2.

Also removing all the good progression D1 finally patched in. What the gently caress was that. D2 was literally a re-tread of everything Vanilla D1 hosed up that they slowly fixed over like three years.

The lack of multi-player vehicles was just stupid and a big "why?" thing. It's one of the most fun bits of Halo and... just none of it in Destiny. As for the progression stuff, I'm sure it's because of different teams working on different things and some designer going "wait, I know the best way to do this!" and being totally wrong.

Cowcaster posted:

whats an BTB

Big team battle. It was a staple of the Halo series where you'd have 8v8 and lots of vehicles involved.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cowcaster posted:

whats an BTB

Halo with lots of people

it was the best mode

I spent more time in BTB and 2v2v2v2 than anything else in Halo 3.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

big tasty butt

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm pretty jealous - I had a static of real-life friends at at the end of Heavensward/first few months of Stormblood and doing savage/EX fights in a regular group is by far the most fun thing in the game. It broke up for reasons, and I haven't had the drive to meet new people and get into a new one yet.

plus I'm bad at the game

I raided throughout ARR and beat Bahamut but the static was only like, 4 good people out of 8 and the problems were always the same bad people every time. The good players were a core group of closer friends but like, this was before cross-server parties so there were literally no good Bards on Ultros that didn't already have a static so trying to replace them would have been pointless. Plus trying to schedule 8 people to show up on time every week is like herding cats so we were always pugging 1-2 people and around the beginning of Heavensward I decided enough was enough and just quit. Since then they've added cross-server parties so if someone doesn't work out you actually can replace them. My irl friend just sorta accidentally fell into a static last tier and they were looking for a melee this tier so I was able to get in. The reports of the progress they made in Sigmascape were so rapid compared to the shitfest I remember with my old static in Coil that I'm excited to play with competent players consistently for the first time.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Cowcaster posted:

whats an BTB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OrNS2zbTZg

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Nice, good luck! Towards the end of my static's run we were having to grab 1-2 pugs and the only day everyone could make it was Monday night so we got some star players, let me tell you.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Really Pants posted:

I like Erik's voice

I'm like 80% cool with it, but I want other voices to do some of the work too.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm like 80% cool with it, but I want other voices to do some of the work too.

They'll improve on that front by the time you reach Gallopolis.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 17, 2018

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I love pokemon but boy does it need a "I've been playing the games longer than the target demographic has been alive, cut the tutorial bullshit" option

i don't remember being bothered by the tutorials and slow pace in Moon (skipped XY) but i was also in a big depressive funk at the time so my experience isn't reliable. i do want to play it again tho

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jak 3 is weird. everything that's taken from jak ii is a straight improvement, like adding onto the guns and making the mech way less awful to control and generally getting rid of the shittier vehicle missions and making the harder ones a lot more forgiving, and light jak's flight ability is really fun to use

but the entire desert area, is completely miserable to drive around because all of the desert vehicles control like utter horseshit, so any time they ask you to go there it loving sucks. the one time any of those vehicles are fun to use is the one time you don't use them in the desert

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 17, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
And why won't someone just make Daxter some god drat pants

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm also kind of angry at jak 3 right now because my ps3 froze right at the final boss and i don't know if that means i'll have to repeat the whole section leading up to it, which was, a really awful section

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Tunnel snakes rule

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Go dance with the angels

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Monday update: I am still listening to Plastic Love.

Edit: Also the Washington Post has a Twitch stream and it has a subscriber-only Robert Mueller emoji

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Sep 17, 2018

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Well, link it already.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i found some graffiti today that said rip doorknob slobber so i decided to make it my phone lock screen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know how you're supposed to infiltrate the military bases in Prototype later on when they have like four or five overlapping virus detectors plus two of the drone things moving around? I can't seem to find any way of sabotaging them without setting something off :(

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Monday update: I am still listening to Plastic Love.

Edit: Also the Washington Post has a Twitch stream and it has a subscriber-only Robert Mueller emoji

washington post said crao

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/boring_as_heck/status/983803487510081536

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

anyone else here watch the kings. maybe listen to yks

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What games does wapo stream

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Patriot Games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

So far: Golf Story and Madden

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Help Im Alive posted:

Trump's Watergate speed run.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Send WaPo a copy of Socks the Cat Rocks the Hill

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

golf story whips

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Accordion Man posted:

Getting bad rng on a congress willing to hold him to account.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

golf story whips
it's no mario golf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

WaPo, get Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez to play the Spyro remaster on Twitch

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat jak 3

it was a video game

i like the antigravity gun though. i wish more games had something like that

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the funny thing is that i was ultimately sort of okay with jak ii's weird direction cause it at least felt like, new, but jak 3 makes me think that ultimately an actual continuation of jak and daxter in the spirit of the original probably would've been a lot better cause of how much it totally fumbles actually building on its own weird story twists from the second game in a fun or interesting way

and like the best parts of jak ii, at least tonally, were already pretty reminiscent of the first game, so i feel like that just backs me up on this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Wasn't there a 4th game made by some other dev

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive posted:

Wasn't there a 4th game made by some other dev

yeah and the most i know about it is that it has a cheat that makes your hands big and that slightly boosts the damage of your punch attack

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Accordion Man posted:

lmao

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Did this get posted yet

https://youtu.be/zgqz8Je7P0s

e: oh it's 2 weeks old lol

suuma fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I hadn’t seen it. :justpost:, mellon

• Locked thread