Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I feel like I've missed absolutely nothing when it comes to The Crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

It's a nothing show. No stakes and nothing relatable. It's just pretty costumes and set design. I don't get the big deal about the acting either. Nobody stands out.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
These Maya and Fred skits are about as interesting as The Crown

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Reading you guys live post about the Emmys is far more interesting than actually watching the Emmys.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Oh good Rick and Morty are presenting. It's tempting to show my wife the Szechuan sauce meltdown video.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Manifest is either gonna be real good or faceplant spectacularly and either way I'm stoked for it.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

LET'S GO RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Manifest is either gonna be real good or faceplant spectacularly and either way I'm stoked for it.

It looks so bad though.

James Roday has me all hype for A Million Little Things and you just know it's gonna be garbage.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

YAAAAAASSSSSSSS!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I liked Claire Foy in The Crown, but Keri Russell never getting an Emmy for The Americans...

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

It's a show that was absolutely nothing in its first season, and then both Foy and Smith killed it in the second season. It's been a rare thing for a drama to take such a huge step forward.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
There's always next year, Drunk History.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh jeez, Dave and Neal had to be an awkward prestage.

Edit: the only thing that’s remotely interesting about A Star is Born is Neko Case ripping Bradley Cooper to shreds.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Sep 18, 2018

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Is Luke Null on stage?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Also, Jesus, Lorne Michaels looks like he needs hip or knee replacements, guy is moving like a PS1 character.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Lorne I don't have an actual count of how many Emmys the broadcast networks have won tonight when compared to pay cable and the Internet, but maybe now is not the time to smug it up about networks still being around?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Oh jeez, Dave and Neal had to be an awkward prestage.

Edit: the only thing that’s remotely interesting about A Star is Born is Neko Case ripping Bradley Cooper to shreds.

Nah, per both of them they are on good terms now. Neal talked about it alot on WTF.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost

CapnAndy posted:

Lorne I don't have an actual count of how many Emmys the broadcast networks have won tonight when compared to pay cable and the Internet, but maybe now is not the time to smug it up about networks still being around?

He's given them same speech now two years running. He has no more worlds to conquer.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I like the suggestion I read online that they really need to divide this category between the nightlies and the guys who have a week to tee something up.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Bummed American Vandal missed out but really happy for Hader and Winkler both winning

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Patrick Melrose should have won that

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I knew that Prince's music was gonna be used for commercial purposes now that he's gone, but I wasn't expecting it for a credit card. It definitely felt weird.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'm okay with GLOW losing this year but they'd better take it when Season 2 is the one being considered.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Will may need a new robot spine

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’ve never seen this show and Amy Sherman-Palladino’s hat has ensured I never will.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

What the gently caress the lady from MAD TV is winning an Emmy right now?

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

disjoe posted:

Ms. Swan got that come up.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

howe_sam posted:

I liked Claire Foy in The Crown, but Keri Russell never getting an Emmy for The Americans...

Agreed.

Martin Sheen also never won one for playing President Bartlet in The West Wing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

He's given them same speech now two years running. He has no more worlds to conquer.

Yeah, but to be fair a lot of people either do OTA or have the basic cable package, so its fair to assume that broadcast networks are not in as much mortal danger as the premium streaming sites suggest, especially in a climate where every network is launching their own, which dilutes the pool.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Give it to The Americans, if you know what's good for you.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

sportsgenius86 posted:

I’ve never seen this show and Amy Sherman-Palladino’s hat has ensured I never will.

Amy SP is a dink but Maisel is a good tv show as was Bunheads and as was Gilmore Girls :colbert:

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Guys

Season seven wasn't that good you're allowed to vote for other shows

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Man, whatever.

Shout out to Grey Worm, though. He looks hot in that suit.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
gently caress that poo poo.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

I mean...

okay

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Brienne towering over everyone I expected, Jorah... not so much. Since when is he so tall?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

Nap Ghost
Craig Kilborn made the Emmys!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Seriously though you know they're gonna give GoT all the awards next year, they should've been daring while they could.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

disjoe posted:

She’s fuckin’ great on that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Just binged-watched 6 episodes the new BBC show Bodyguard. Probably one of the best shows on TV right now.