Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Sony mdr-v6/7502 + a separate USB mic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

VulgarandStupid posted:

Watching these clips really highlights the difference between people sitting 8 feet from their TVs and using speakers vs PC players.

Uhh like all but maybe one or two out of the dozens of console players I play FPSes with use a headset, it ain’t a PC thing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any recommendations for headsets? Something under £50 that's decent if possible.

Monoprice 8323's are like £15 and pretty good, just combine that with an attachable boom microphone (Antlion ModMic or V-MODA BoomPro - they'll stay useful if you change/upgrade/break your headphones)

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Mister Facetious posted:

Sony mdr-v6/7502 + a separate USB mic.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No joke; the Xbox 360 Rock Band mic is legit.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Noctone posted:

Uhh like all but maybe one or two out of the dozens of console players I play FPSes with use a headset, it ain’t a PC thing.

Yes, but when I see these blind and deaf players on console, I have no choice to believe they are using speakers and sitting far from their TVs.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Well, most of them are drunk and/or stoned, too. :350:

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
My not helpful recommendation are the Phillips SHP9500 headphones, semi-open and pretty much 0 bass, so it's perfect for MLG PRO TRY HARDING.

The price is all out of whack now since they're discontinued, and only available at a semi-decent price via Aliexpress.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

VulgarandStupid posted:

Yes, but when I see these blind and deaf players on console, I have no choice to believe they are using speakers and sitting far from their TVs.

Woah hey lets not bring to attention my inability to pic moderately camouflaged enemies out in a video game. I sit close to my tv. I just have T-Rex vision when it comes to shooters.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Also the muzzle flash on guns was dumb and blinded you most of the time.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Any recommendations for headsets? Something under £50 that's decent if possible.

The HyperX Cloud Stinger is very good for the price.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yep I have that one too. It's great and durable.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

KingShiro posted:

My not helpful recommendation are the Phillips SHP9500 headphones, semi-open and pretty much 0 bass, so it's perfect for MLG PRO TRY HARDING.

The price is all out of whack now since they're discontinued, and only available at a semi-decent price via Aliexpress.

I bought them when they like $70 on Amazon and they're amazing. I wouldn't say they have 0 bass, though, they have more then enough bass for sound whoring in COD.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Corsair Void headphones can be had for fairly cheap and I believe they are plug and play through USB to a PS4. If you're so inclined I can test to see if the wireless ones actually work with the PS4 tomorrow.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I have a corsair void USB surround sound one too. I don't remember if it works on PS4 though. The last time I tried it didn't work unless I'm confusing it with the Xbox.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ve has Sony Golds since I got the PS4 and they suit my needs.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’ve has Sony Golds since I got the PS4 and they suit my needs.

Yeah those are killer if you have a PS4. So convenient.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

RBX posted:

I have a corsair void USB surround sound one too. I don't remember if it works on PS4 though. The last time I tried it didn't work unless I'm confusing it with the Xbox.

Any USB headset works on PS4, including wireless ones. It's Xbox that doesn't allow for USB sound cards.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

Yeah those are killer if you have a PS4. So convenient.

Too bad the mic is crap. No complaints otherwise.

Being Switch compatible is pretty cool though.

Nov 3, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9gvu9x/the_doc_explains_why_blackout_is_better_than_pubg/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

1500 posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/9gvu9x/the_doc_explains_why_blackout_is_better_than_pubg/

Stormylight •3h

Not at all, pubg will be dead for a little bit but black ops 4 isn't this fantastic BR that will change the face of battle royale. It's still call of duty at heart. I'd give it one to two months before everyone is back to pubg.

Edit: Someone message me two months after release and tell me I'm wrong with a source.

:allears:

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
the only thing that will keep CoD BR interesting will be continual additions. there is no reason why scorestreaks can't be in, especially with the AoE nature of some of them. It'd also introduce a very interesting risk/reward meta; do you let spotted enemies keep moving or do you roll the dice in an attempt to get a bombing run?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i'd be cool with a 25 kill streak letting someone evac out and nuke the island

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It just has to not be a technical nightmare compared to the others.

Personally, I expect there will be more gun variety, maybe additional perks too.
If they add streaks, it wouldn't surprise me if they are activated items you find hidden around the map.
Given how rare the rocket launchers are though...

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
He's been on a tear lately. He got to play CoD, and now he doesn't want to go back. The other night he won a Fortnite match, started the second one and basically just stopped mid game chasing some dude down and began ranting how corny the game felt and uninstalled again.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Maybe if you kill a bunch of people, you should be able to get your armor back...

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

It's been funny watching streamers who were really into Blackout really struggle to find anything interesting to play after the beta ended.

And by funny I mean sad, because I'm having the same problem.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

All armor should come with a helmet instead of just the level 3.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

go the other way, level 3 doesn't protect head any more.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Mister Facetious posted:

Well, most of them are drunk and/or stoned, too. :350:

I always am!

:2bong:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PUBG’s numbers dipped very slightly during the beta, but it’s in no danger of dying. I don’t know if someone said it here already, but I could see the Xbone version dying once this comes out. That version is laughable.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I could see the Xbone version dying once this comes out. That version is laughable.

level 1 Awildmoggz
34 points
2 hours ago
....any battle royale game where the graphics load in is automatically better than pubg

:laugh:

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

level 1 Awildmoggz
34 points
2 hours ago
....any battle royale game where the graphics load in is automatically better than pubg

:laugh:

I’m not a fan of either game but honestly having played both, blackout is way more fun if only because of the fast pace of the circles that don’t somehow require you to go fifty miles to be safe and also the midgame isn’t as boring as PUBG where you camp some shack like an rear end in a top hat waiting for some poor sap to ambush.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I just find it funny that BLOPSIIII is shaping up to be the least buggy game in its genre.
All I hear is horror stories about the Bone S version of pubg.

I'm still surprised that I never raged in Blackout.
It really is just a great chill mode where you don't feel obligated to win every time, presumably because you're always outnumbered until the end.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Mill Village posted:

PUBG’s numbers dipped very slightly during the beta, but it’s in no danger of dying. I don’t know if someone said it here already, but I could see the Xbone version dying once this comes out. That version is laughable.

Yea, China doesn't care about games without lootboxes. On the other hand the US population did suffer a bit.

Nov 3, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

I'm still surprised that I never raged in Blackout.
It really is just a great chill mode where you don't feel obligated to win every time, presumably because you're always outnumbered until the end.

For me its that all phases of the game are fun and engaging. You spend so much time running and looting in PUBG that to lose means you just wasted all that time.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Pubg console version is just a cash grab used on the PC version because Microsoft was desperate for any game. It might as well not exist.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
I love both games and can't wait to play Blackout again when it's out. Though honestly most of the complaints here about PUBG's pacing is easily fixed by just playing on Sanhok.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

PUBG Xbox is at least passable now. the last few updates feel about as good as it's gonna get. Which is about 10 times worse than Blackout. I honestly don't know if I'll ever bother to play another round of PUBG. That said Blackout isn't nearly as tense, so I'll miss that but the fun factor more than makes up for it.

My main concern with Blackout is that I think they need to consistently add new maps to keep it from getting stale. I hope they announce that they will be doing just that sooner than later. I was already kind of wishing there was a second map by the end of the beta. I'm sure the map that ships with the game will be just fine at least until the end of the year, but its going to get old after a few months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Do ya'll think they'll add a map with every pack, or come up with a season concept where it's one map that gets swapped out every couple of months?