Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Capitalism would be freeing our boy, our hero, RickoniX.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Servaetes posted:

What we need is more dorky as hell goon segues into how :siren:CAPITALISM IS BAD:siren: instead of talking about anything else in the League of Legends thread

it is bad

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Have you considered, perhaps, that capitalism is actually Yasuo?

I played odyssey with a 5 yasuo comp and my brain felt like it was melting from the sound effects

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Riot themselves deemed that capitalism is bad when they no longer made Bankplank a thing :colbert:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
zed is dialectical materialism, anyways buy my book it's called requiem for the demacian dream and it's available at an independent bookseller near you

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Mierenneuker posted:

Riot themselves deemed that capitalism is bad when they no longer made Bankplank a thing :colbert:

No it's when gangplank killed an employee to raise morale

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Vermain posted:

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of invincible samurais/ninjas.

It is inevitable that the support proletariat will repeatedly rise up against the adc bourgeoisie

Dancer fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Sep 14, 2018

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Bard is a secret adc. Raise up my brothers and join the pyke path of glory.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Bard is a secret on-hit/AP carry top/jungle/bottom laner. Truly the most powerful champion. No more support alienation from the fruits of their labor (kills and kills).

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
If anyone wants to learn how to not be toxic let me know

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Sep 15, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I dont understand this new game mode lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

RealFoxy posted:

If you live in NA, you can "recruit" a player that hasn't been online in 2 months and get one of the skins for free, so if you've got old accounts laying around and a friend to play on that account you can pick at least one of them up for free.

also oops sorry for anyone that wanted a free skin l

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont understand this new game mode lol

5 man yasuo and get the tornado Aug on everyone. Also the robot is a shop.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I dont understand how augment works :(

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Just play a bit. Itll unlock and make sense. Riots never been good at tutorials or starting things out.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

If anyone wants to learn how to not be toxic let me know

1200 games

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I played a bit but I never unlocked slots(?), I think.

Idk I keep dying because Im bad at this game :(

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Tired Moritz posted:

I played a bit but I never unlocked slots(?), I think.

Idk I keep dying because Im bad at this game :(

did you accept the missions in the missions tab?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah the missions tab was probably the biggest whoopsie about the event, if you forgot to start up the odyssey quests you don't unlock poo poo until you do.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What the gently caress

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Never flamed once :eng101:

e:
I played a bit with gank me or lose last night. The dude was super impressive on ezreal. I forgot what his forum name was but appreciated the games.

Enigma89 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 16, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Enigma89 posted:

e:
I played a bit with gank me or lose last night. The dude was super impressive on ezreal. I forgot what his forum name was but appreciated the games.

That's the Legendary :siren:Jugador Diamante:siren: Bond

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
yeah bond is very good based on like the two times I've played with him

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Enigma89 posted:

e:

Bond is diamond tier ADC player so listen to him if he gives you advice

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I’m retired. Just think of me as a friendly player like Elentor. :)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I’m retired. Just think of me as a friendly player like Elentor. :)

Same, but I never showed up to work so it was more like a layoff.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

wow i didnt think tobias' mmr would drop so low he'd be in my games, that tilt is the stuff of legends

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Radical posted:

wow i didnt think tobias' mmr would drop so low he'd be in my games, that tilt is the stuff of legends

He somehow is both lower-ranked than me and has a worse Pyke win rate. I didn't think the latter was possible

edit: 41% urgot, 158 played; 39% swain, 94 played :stonk:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Speaking of pyke kcw, I've had mixed results in ranked but stomp all over norms.

In norms I'm goofing around so I just go full lethality, in ranked I might do iceborn/maw but I'm a bit unsure. What are you trying these days?

I'm a true convert for aftershock over electrocute now too

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJILwe76-7o

If anyone is interested in why League ever had lore in the first place and why it's evolved as it has, this is not a bad video. Guy even talked to some current and former Riot employees to get information. It even touches on the aforementioned internal culture of Riot that has already been exposed recently.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 17, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kokoro Wish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJILwe76-7o

If anyone is interested in why League ever had lore in the first place and why it's evolved as it has, this is not a bad video. Guy even talked to some current and former Riot employees to get information. It even touches on the aforementioned internal culture of Riot that has already been exposed recently.
I watched all but like the last 5-10 minutes and the answer wasn't really that good. I think the answer was as simple, dead-stop, as the E-Sport and the company popularity growing too big too fast and them just shifting focus away from storytelling outside of the basics. People are paying for skins to buy the game, not necessarily to read the lore. It's different from Blizzard MOBAs or MMOs where they story and gameplay are interwoven so the story is just going to be ignored while they put out fires elsewhere

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

el dingo posted:

Speaking of pyke kcw, I've had mixed results in ranked but stomp all over norms.

In norms I'm goofing around so I just go full lethality, in ranked I might do iceborn/maw but I'm a bit unsure. What are you trying these days?

I'm no Pyke expert, but you should try frozen heart over iceborn. It's like the one truly core item on Pyke. The cdr is great, and the attack speed slow gives tankiness on top of the armor. He also isn't really a bruiser that can make extended use of the iceborn passive in the same way.

I think some combination of frozen heart, duskblade, GA, and maw/SV/locket depending is good on him.

And yeah, definitely go aftershock.

I'm not sure what support item you prefer, but if you haven't I'd try coin some as well. Imo the mana sustain is worth the trade off in damage, assuming you don't need relic heal for your adc.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

el dingo posted:

I've always been in the great in norms/terrible in ranked boat. I was doing Iceborn for a long time, but now I think I have to concede that foutre is right and FH is just better.

I haven't been playing him much, since I've just been playing Nami for a game or two when I get on League, but right now I would go coin -> mobis/upgrade coin -> FH unless they're really AP-heavy -> stoneplate, maw, GA in some order. I've also been converted to taking Perfect Timing, since it can save a life early/midgame and the benefit to stoneplate/GA is huge.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

RealFoxy posted:

I watched all but like the last 5-10 minutes and the answer wasn't really that good. I think the answer was as simple, dead-stop, as the E-Sport and the company popularity growing too big too fast and them just shifting focus away from storytelling outside of the basics. People are paying for skins to buy the game, not necessarily to read the lore. It's different from Blizzard MOBAs or MMOs where they story and gameplay are interwoven so the story is just going to be ignored while they put out fires elsewhere

I think it's pretty funny how HotS after 3 years just went from Uther saying "It's best not think about it" to getting actual lore about why there are multiple maps and who the announcers on them are. At this point it's pretty much "that Raven Lord dude is a prick who wants to take over other realms" though. Also, the first response from the community was "why are you wasting money and time on this when you could be doing X?!" So yeah, those people who wonder why there are new skins/characters when they haven't fixed server/matchmaking issues yet, those are still around.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

New dev diary on season 9 ranked tiers and placements. The long and short of it:
  • You get a provisional rank after your first placement match that only you can see. Wins in your placements will grant massive LP gains (and allow you to potentially skip divisions), while losses will not lose you LP.
  • Per-tier divisions are carved down to 4.
  • There's a new tier below Bronze (Iron) and a new tier inbetween Master and Challenger (Grandmaster).
  • All the art's getting overhauled.
And here's some information on top-tier changes to ranked, focusing on Master/Grandmaster/Challenger.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxt2Z4hEjwE

*Placements are being reworked. You get a provisional rank after game 1 instead of game 10.
*You only gain LP in the first 10 games, you never lose LP.
*You can also skip divisions without a series during Placements.
*Iron is now below Bronze tier in ranked.
*Grand Master will be between Master and Challenger.
*There's now only 4 divisions

e: Beaten because I had a delivery :')

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Vermain posted:

[*]There's a new tier below Bronze (Iron)

Lol this is amazing, I hope there’s no floor on Iron tier so the shittiest players can go Iron 300 or whatever

strong bird
May 12, 2009

iron should be above bronze as a superior metal

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

will people be reverse elo boosting and selling iron 5000 accounts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shoulda just named it wood.