Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Half PPR, 3WR, otherwise standard.

Would you offer a WR/RB exchange for Gordon and Freeman? If so who?

RB: Gurley, Ajayi, Hyde, Peterson
WR: Green, Diggs, Sanders, Jeffery, J. Brown, Golladay

I'd offer Hyde or Peterson for Freeman and see if they bite. I'd also offer any of Sanders, Jefferey, J. Brown, or Golladay for Gordon. Keep your RB/WR studs and give away a hit or miss guy for a chance at another star.

edit: I assumed Josh Gordon and Devonte Freeman.

How much should I bid in the FA auction on Dan Bailey if I had Legatron? Also would you stash him or drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Which Gordon, which Freeman

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

pmchem posted:

I have both the Rams and Bears DST in one league and I legit don’t know what to do. They’re too valuable to drop given the scoring format, but it’s 12 team league and people have a never trade for DST mindset, ignoring the actual numbers. I did not expect to be in this situation.

You guys ever platoon defenses, carrying two all season? I usually settle on one or stream.

I like carrying two defenses, though I did not do it much this year. Defenses seem pretty variable year to year so your random second defense could be better than your first, and if they are reasonably equal you can play matchups, effectively doubling the chance your defense will be playing the Bills.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Josh Gordon, Devonta Freeman

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Frustrated posted:

How much should I bid in the FA auction on Dan Bailey if I had Legatron? Also would you stash him or drop?

Nothing. He's a kicker. I would not stash a kicker.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You start low with Peterson + Brown and work your way no further than Hyde + Sanders.

Gordon is at considerable risk to never play another game this season and at an elevated risk of running afoul of The Patriot Way.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

You start low with Peterson + Brown and work your way no further than Hyde + Sanders.

Gordon is at considerable risk to never play another game this season and at an elevated risk of running afoul of The Patriot Way.

I like it. I might not even go Sanders, I think his floor is pretty high and I'm not sold on Devonta Freeman being a RB1 when healthy.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Ugh. 0-2 in my big money league, first in waivers this week, and there's nothing but pure dogshit there.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
I want Dorsett to have a great patriots bounce back game, and the Gordon signing is making me more optimistic rather than less. Why do I have all these patriots on my bench argh

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Abugadu posted:

Ugh. 0-2 in my big money league, first in waivers this week, and there's nothing but pure dogshit there.

Same.

Mahomes and Gordon on the waiver wire though!

I have Newton QB, WRs A. Green, Pettis, G. Allison and D. Adams.

Got Jonnu Smith and Eagles DST on the bench that i can drop but no chance i picl both up. Which magic bean should i priortise: hot streak QB or the WR who might not even get minutes depending on his behaviour?

EDIT: PPR.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Get Mahomes, no question.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Spoeank posted:

Howling at calling Cousins an interception regression candidate and not the guy who had 25 picks in his last 25 games in college who has zero (0) interceptions this year

Yeah. Cousins has also had three straight years of ~27 TDs passing (4-5 rushing) and 11-13 ints. After three straight years, I would not assume someone is going to regress because of a style concern?

Mahomes also threw a ton of ints in training camp.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like it. I might not even go Sanders, I think his floor is pretty high and I'm not sold on Devonta Freeman being a RB1 when healthy.

I love Sanders for the same reason as well. He’s the model WR2 and I regret that I lost some enthusiasm for him on a regrettable 2017 campaign.

For reasons I’ve stated before, I’ve been avoiding Freeman ever since that timeshare bit me in the rear end a few seasons back. It’s crippling when a high draft pick under-produces. That, Steve Sarkisian and the general malaise enveloping the ATL offense has penalized them for me going into this season to the point where the only part of that offense I drafted was Coleman in the 7th in 1ppr.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

I love Sanders for the same reason as well. He’s the model WR2 and I regret that I lost some enthusiasm for him on a regrettable 2017 campaign.

For reasons I’ve stated before, I’ve been avoiding Freeman ever since that timeshare bit me in the rear end a few seasons back. It’s crippling when a high draft pick under-produces. That, Steve Sarkisian and the general malaise enveloping the ATL offense has penalized them for me going into this season to the point where the only part of that offense I drafted was Coleman in the 7th in 1ppr.

Absolutely. I didn't draft him for the same reason. Fortunately he's devalued to the point where I can see myself rostering him. Even with Atlanta being inconsistent I think he will outperform Peterson and Hyde.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I feel genuinely bad for Chris Carson owners. The guy is way too good to be used like this. Apparently they say him because he was gassed... From being used in special teams? :psyduck:

Anyway, my team (ESPN standard) is looking pretty good but needs a better RB2--I currently have only Ajayi and Bilal Powell for the spot. Think Freeman would be an upgrade? His owner in my league has Coleman as well and seems pretty unhappy with some other positions on his team.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Michael Dixon continuing his stunning ROTY campaign I see.

https://www.seahawks.com/video/michael-dickson-drop-kicks-football-on-seahawks-kickoff

Wanna see dropkick field goals next week. Do it Pete your team sucks what have you got to lose.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

shirts and skins posted:

I feel genuinely bad for Chris Carson owners. The guy is way too good to be used like this. Apparently they say him because he was gassed... From being used in special teams? :psyduck:

Anyway, my team (ESPN standard) is looking pretty good but needs a better RB2--I currently have only Ajayi and Bilal Powell for the spot. Think Freeman would be an upgrade? His owner in my league has Coleman as well and seems pretty unhappy with some other positions on his team.

Freeman might be an upgrade over Powell in standard, but if they're your RB2 options I wouldn't be too concerned.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:siren: DYNASTY QUESTION :siren:

Players in my league have put a claim in for two of my taxi squad players. Sony Michel($8) and Nyheim Hines($4). I can either promote them to my active roster and keep them, or I can let them be claimed, and get picks in return (2nd for Michel, 3rd for Hines).

So, do I promote them? And if so, who do I drop/trade in order to free up the cap space needed?

$250 Salary Cap - Salaries increase annually by $1 or 10% (whichever is higher).

My team:

Right now I am leaning towards dropping Ty Montgomery, and promoting Michel. I'm not sure what to do with Hines at the moment.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RCarr posted:

:siren: DYNASTY QUESTION :siren:

Players in my league have put a claim in for two of my taxi squad players. Sony Michel($8) and Nyheim Hines($4). I can either promote them to my active roster and keep them, or I can let them be claimed, and get picks in return (2nd for Michel, 3rd for Hines).

So, do I promote them? And if so, who do I drop/trade in order to free up the cap space needed?

$250 Salary Cap - Salaries increase annually by $1 or 10% (whichever is higher).

My team:

Right now I am leaning towards dropping Ty Montgomery, and promoting Michel. I'm not sure what to do with Hines at the moment.

I’d promote Michel for sure. I’d probably promote Hines and move Walton to TS.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

I’d promote Michel for sure. I’d probably promote Hines and move Walton to TS.

Agree with this bigly.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Time to start boarding the 2018 Mike Davis train!! Choo Choo

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Big Jay Cutler posted:

I want Dorsett to have a great patriots bounce back game, and the Gordon signing is making me more optimistic rather than less. Why do I have all these patriots on my bench argh

I know the feeling. I've got Edelman, Gordon, and Gronk on one team and I don't know what to do.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
2PPR

Keep Burkhead/Carson, or drop one/both for one/two of the following available RBs? (I have Cook and Lindsay as my starting RBs now, with Burkhead, Carson, and Peterson on the bench.)

M.Murphy
T.Ervin
J.Allen
Yeldon
Riddick
Clement
Wilkins
Montgomery
Gore
Bernard

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

xeria posted:

2PPR

Keep Burkhead/Carson, or drop one/both for one/two of the following available RBs? (I have Cook and Lindsay as my starting RBs now, with Burkhead, Carson, and Peterson on the bench.)

M.Murphy
T.Ervin
J.Allen
Yeldon
Riddick
Clement
Wilkins
Montgomery
Gore
Bernard

I'd drop Burkhead for Bernard.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

pubic works project posted:

I'd drop Burkhead for Bernard.

I'd drop Carson for Bernard

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
standard scoring, pick one. Currently own Smith/Goff and have chosen wrong both weeks:

Blake Bortles
Andy Dalton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jared Goff
Alex Smith
comedy Flacco option

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

Mahomes also threw a ton of ints in training camp.

Watching a fake story spread like bed bugs and then linger is so frustrating. No he didn’t. He threw three in one practice designed to test stacked defenses who knew what plays the offense was running. You think this Chiefs defense creates turnovers? It doesn’t. Adam Teicher, a famously sad sack purveyor of pessimism wrote an article about the alarming interceptions in camp (he did the same thing the year before with Alex Smith). The story spreads like wildfire and now people cling to it.

Since that day Mahomes threw one pick the rest of camp against Atlanta in the preseason and zero against two really good teams in the regular season. Please stop spreading this false rumor about Mahomes being turnover prone.

I know I sound like a huge homer but facts are facts.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I have no horse in the Mahomes race, just looked to stream QBs starting this season.

The biggest concern initially was Mahomes making rookie-esque mistakes of trying to force bad throws into tight coverage. However after looking at his footage week 1, and grabbing/activating him week 2, he so far has demonstrated improvement, if not elimination of this concern.

Until the cold winter rolls around or he faces a tough secondary, I'm happy to lock him in each week, and take advantage of the fact that he's on such a short leash that I'll be notified immediately when he screws up and is droppable.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

kiimo posted:

Watching a fake story spread like bed bugs and then linger is so frustrating. No he didn’t. He threw three in one practice designed to test stacked defenses who knew what plays the offense was running. You think this Chiefs defense creates turnovers? It doesn’t. Adam Teicher, a famously sad sack purveyor of pessimism wrote an article about the alarming interceptions in camp (he did the same thing the year before with Alex Smith). The story spreads like wildfire and now people cling to it.

Since that day Mahomes threw one pick the rest of camp against Atlanta in the preseason and zero against two really good teams in the regular season. Please stop spreading this false rumor about Mahomes being turnover prone.

I know I sound like a huge homer but facts are facts.

You are 100% irrational where it concerns Mahomes. I would suggest you just not participate in any discussions about him.

7 ints in 6 practices is a lot. Stacked defenses don't have much to do with calling a different play than you thought you called in the huddle.

The defenses he played were very clearly not great. The steelers gave up 21 to CLE and LAC gave up 20 to the bills. Sure, when Bosa comes back maybe that will change the makeup of the LAC defense. Maybe he'll throw 0 ints, who knows. More likely? He'll at least regress to the average....and throw about as many as Cousins (who throws around the league average of ints per year).

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’ll continue playing Mahomes and will expect nothing less than 8 TD’s next week.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
I think you guys are talking past each other. Both Mahomes and Cousins are going to have up and down games. Both seem like QB1's I would be happy starting for the rest of the year.

Also apparently Antonio Brown didn't report on monday. Pissed off because of JuJu usage?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

axelord posted:

Also apparently Antonio Brown didn't report on monday. Pissed off because of JuJu usage?

C'mon, squeaky wheel!

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Antonio Callaway is prob a better play than Brandon Marshall these days, right?

Callaway is on my Taxi Squad, but I figure I might as well promote him to my starting lineup. Brandon Marshall and Albert Wilson are the best I've got right now for WR3

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
What are the thoughts on Winston moving forward? Will he play QB again, is he a viable dynasty hold?

Edit: Is he worth a 2nd?

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 18, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d be holding him in dynasty for sure. In redraft he’s worthless though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd say it depends on who your other qbs are.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
See anything wrong with my waiver claims?

Conditionally drop Alfred Morris, SF RB to Waivers
Conditionally add Austin Ekeler, LAC RB from Waivers to Bench

Conditionally drop Robby Anderson, NYJ WR to Waivers
Conditionally add DeSean Jackson, TB WR from Waivers to Bench

Conditionally drop Jared Cook, Oak TE to Waivers
Conditionally add O.J. Howard, TB TE from Waivers to Bench

Mainly wondering if I should jump ship on Morris and Robby...this is my big money league and I lost McKinnon and whiffed on Morris it seems.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I dropped DeSean because of this thread. Do we think he will have this sustained success in the Fitz wild ride?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I dropped DeSean because of this thread. Do we think he will have this sustained success in the Fitz wild ride?

Seems like a lot of the credit has to go to Monken since there are guys running free all over. DJax seems to be a safe play to me at this point, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zauper posted:

You are 100% irrational where it concerns Mahomes. I would suggest you just not participate in any discussions about him.

7 ints in 6 practices is a lot. Stacked defenses don't have much to do with calling a different play than you thought you called in the huddle.

The defenses he played were very clearly not great. The steelers gave up 21 to CLE and LAC gave up 20 to the bills. Sure, when Bosa comes back maybe that will change the makeup of the LAC defense. Maybe he'll throw 0 ints, who knows. More likely? He'll at least regress to the average....and throw about as many as Cousins (who throws around the league average of ints per year).

Mahomes will regress and will throw interceptions because every QB does. Of course he won't maintain a pace that literally no QB has in history. He broke an NFL record in the last two games. But that isn't my point. My point is that his INT rate is not a concern. Watson is the one people should have been worried about when it comes to that. He's literally never been interception prone. His rate in college was an interception every 46 passes and it came down as time went on. He's thrown two in 10 games including this preseason and last year's. It's just a manufactured narrative. His passes are diverse, accurate and all over the field.

This is from Sunday:

https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1041545925271932928

As far as being irrational and not participating, when you watch every pass he has thrown in college, OTAs, preseason and regular season, literally every filmed pass, let's talk. Because I did, trying to find flaws and red flags. At some point even the most pessimistic jaded fan (and KC is pretty much all that) stops worrying and learns to love the bombs.