Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

Was it spaced armour? Spaced armour gives a green pen marker because it only shows the thickness of the outer layer.

No, it wasn't. It was the back of a 257 turret.

Also:

Weekend teams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Your whole team managed to at least shoot and damage something automatically making them not the worst team. Let me know when you have a game where 7 of your teammates do 0 damage.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Pen marker doesn't care about slope either.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

Pen marker doesn't care about slope either.

I don't know if the default one doesn't, but there's modded ones that show how much pen is required to go through sloped armour.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, there used to be a really good one from MeltyMap (or whatever his name is), but there are still a few choices that give you a real-time calculation of effective armor at current angle, and your current pen in a very apparent xx/xx format. One of them (I forget which one) colors your pen differently if your average pen can't pen, but a high pen-roll still could, so you've got a hail mary option in there as well.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Stanley Pain posted:

Your whole team managed to at least shoot and damage something automatically making them not the worst team. Let me know when you have a game where 7 of your teammates do 0 damage.

Posted this one already a few pages back but here you go.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Posted this one already a few pages back but here you go.

Those are the best games :negative:

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Stanley Pain posted:

Yeah, really, if this is a poo poo suck team I'd say your WoT experience is ten times better than anyone else's

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
the challenger is a ok tank and i would play it again its gun accuracy is wonky half the time though

as im grinding credits i have a nice game in my skorp g dank base exp made 168k profit that game :)

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 16, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I've had so loving many unnecessary gently caress ups in the Progetto on account of

a) not having a routine with the (to me) new autoreloader mechanic

b) not having sixth sense on it until a handful of games ago

The former has led to a lot of:

- me miserably mistiming dives on low-HP tanks because I was a second off a full reload, but shot early and then sat there in front of a 50 HP tier ten because i only had two rounds to loose
- me preselecting Premium ammo for my next shot but not realizing that all three of my currently loaded rounds will still be standard rounds
- me double-tapping the 2 key instinctively when suddenly being confronted by heavily armored tanks and then stupidly diving out when only the first round is reloaded

The latter just leads to the obvious fiery deaths because literally every single other tank in my garage has sixth sense and I kept acting like I do in the Progetto.

But Holy poo poo, this thing makes absolutely stupid amounts of credits

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The T-50-2 is back on the super test server as a tier 6 LT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYaHDogrvUg

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've had so loving many unnecessary gently caress ups in the Progetto on account of

- me miserably mistiming dives on low-HP tanks because I was a second off a full reload, but shot early and then sat there in front of a 50 HP tier ten because i only had two rounds to loose
- me preselecting Premium ammo for my next shot but not realizing that all three of my currently loaded rounds will still be standard rounds
- me double-tapping the 2 key instinctively when suddenly being confronted by heavily armored tanks and then stupidly diving out when only the first round is reloaded

The latter just leads to the obvious fiery deaths because literally every single other tank in my garage has sixth sense and I kept acting like I do in the Progetto.

You aren't the only one. a lot of the Progettos I run into are suicide machines. They get all huffed up on farts from those three loaded shells and bum rush tanks whether they can finish them off or not, dump all three shells and forget an empty mag takes a while to load the first shell so they get taken apart while frantically trying to scurry away

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

SocketWrench posted:

You aren't the only one. a lot of the Progettos I run into are suicide machines. They get all huffed up on farts from those three loaded shells and bum rush tanks whether they can finish them off or not, dump all three shells and forget an empty mag takes a while to load the first shell so they get taken apart while frantically trying to scurry away

Pubbies don't know how to use complicated tanks. Film at 11.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Pubbies don't know how to use complicated play tanks. Film at 11.

FTFY

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm already halfway through tier 5 of the British challenge, I reckon 70% - 80% discount should be no big deal at all

Also, did I mention the Progetto 46 is fun?

And the Type 4 heavy?

And the AMX 1357?

Okay then.

They're fun :downs:

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I've found that trying to forget about your gold rounds makes it a lot smoother. If push comes to shove and you're trying to carry against heavily armored targets, then I try and hide and reload the full mag.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
got the big gun on charioteer ..cant say iv gotten to use it much cause tier 10 battles so far yet but its gonna be expensive to use it looks like..5200 per hesh round going to be temping to spam that when i see lower armored targets gonna carry 10

after some battles the HESH has mostly failed me.. like doing 67 damage on a batchat ap, and 114 damage into the rear of a t44100.. not sure if im gonna rely on it to do damage anymore

new mission set unlocks tomorrow too btw. looking forward to that since i finished the first set in less than a week and the tank it gives you sucks so this reward has to be better

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 17, 2018

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
huh, i just updated this dumb game and bought some premium. Tanks is... fun?? Not really doing particularly well, but I'm at least enjoying myself. promised myself to stop playing again if I ever got ANGERY at video games. New maps (engine?) look great, tanks look nice, arty seems better/less annoying to play against. Tons of tanks I've never seen before tho.

You barely need mods it seems too. Tried installing some, but ended up with way more than what I wanted. I just want the server crosshair, UT announcers and xvm + possibly the enemy reload thing. Ingame map has last spotted and stuff like that now right?

Enjoying the chinese t9 light!

E: anyone from 2pac still playing? pgs thread is locked and lost like tears in the rain ://///

Truck Stop Daddy fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Sep 18, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Man, I am absolutely going to buy the Type 5 once I'm done with the 4. There's not even a discussion like I had between the O-Ho and the Type 4, it's literally a better Type 4.

The only thing to consider would be the less fun matchmaking at tier 10, I guess

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Man, I am absolutely going to buy the Type 5 once I'm done with the 4. There's not even a discussion like I had between the O-Ho and the Type 4, it's literally a better Type 4.

The only thing to consider would be the less fun matchmaking at tier 10, I guess

Do tier tens on EU sometimes get queue time outs with Grand Battles turned off like they do on NA? I can't imagine trying to play Grand Battles with a Type 5.

Also 15v15 tier ten battles don't sound as hilarious as 3/5/7 battles with the Type 4, even tier 10/9/8 has a bunch of tier 8s that can get full penned for a oneshot and most of the rest will lose half their HP on a typical non-pen.

Caterwaul
May 4, 2009

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

E: anyone from 2pac still playing? pgs thread is locked and lost like tears in the rain ://///

Had a new record for 2018: 3 online at once today.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Do tier tens on EU sometimes get queue time outs with Grand Battles turned off like they do on NA? I can't imagine trying to play Grand Battles with a Type 5.

Also 15v15 tier ten battles don't sound as hilarious as 3/5/7 battles with the Type 4, even tier 10/9/8 has a bunch of tier 8s that can get full penned for a oneshot and most of the rest will lose half their HP on a typical non-pen.

I only have one tier ten in the E-100, and I don't play it much, because I suck at the E-100, so I can't really say. The Type 5, however, I definitely know how to play.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I am always surprised when I find someone in the SGLE chat.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Caterwaul posted:

Had a new record for 2018: 3 online at once today.

Holy moly, I saw mumu and maimgara on last night, but I couldn’t get the in game chat to work :/ also, I’m not in 2pac so I can’t see the chat. If anyone still have admin there, send me an invite I guess

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah, the chat server has been hosed pretty constantly over the last week, it seems

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yeah, the chat server has been hosed pretty constantly over the last week, it seems

And nothing of value was lost :)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Whelp free xp'd to the T7 Polish tank, its seems pretty alright? Polish tanks all have hilarious looking turrets.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BadLlama posted:

Polish tanks all have hilarious looking turrets.

They all have unbelievably lovely stock configs too until the Tier VI.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

They all have unbelievably lovely stock configs too until the Tier VI.

Yeah I watched some stuff about the polish tanks and decided free exping to T7 was the sane option, WG financial tactics at work, like sheep to the slaughter.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

Tahirovic posted:

I am always surprised when I find someone in the SGLE chat.

the most hardcoreest of anti gays

Cib0
Jul 21, 2018

BadLlama posted:

Whelp free xp'd to the T7 Polish tank, its seems pretty alright? Polish tanks all have hilarious looking turrets.
hi,
I was thinking exactly the same thing to use free expe till 45TP Habicha and for the 105mm gun and to research only the turret.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Getting close to my fourth skill on the AMX 13 57, going with recon on the commander to push past 450 view range, but I'm a little undecided on the gunner/loader and driver.

I already have smooth ride on the driver, so I immediately thought of clutch breaking, but I recall someone saying a while back that clutch breaking is actually detrimental to already-nible/fast tanks because you lose control easier due to "oversteering". Is that still the case? I know off-road driving gives a really minute bonus, but I'd rather have that than impact the control of the 13 57 negatively.

Different question with the gunner/loader. I experience ammo-rack damage so rarely (and even then, it's not a problem because it doesn't affect your intra-clip reload, so you can unload and relocate before repairing the rack), that I'm thinking of grabbing Deadeye for funzies. IIRC, deadeye increased the change for module damage per shot, and since I'm unloading almost my full ammo-load each game, and pen 70%+ of my shots, I figured that'd be fun

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The 13 57 doesn't turn like a crazy RC car like the Luchs does, you'll be fine with Clutch Braking. Or choose the ramming skill if you're not a coward.

Deadeye is the fun skill and you want to have fun, right? Deadeye, pew pew pew rack damage pew pew pew rack explosion.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Breaking people's things is some of the most fun I have in this game, my man.

Speaking of breaking things, nailed a 268 v4 that was steeply cresting a ridge. Aimed for the LFP, caught him in the floor for 1370 damage and a kill. :)
Also nailed a full-health FV4005 in the turret side for an ammorack to send his barn turret flying and started jubilating like the second coming was upon me. Turns out he was HESHed by a Conway in the same spot split-seconds before my own hit, so it wasn't a full-health kill unfortunately. Still. :)

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

new missions are out, more timed missions , very bad

grinding credit these missions are nice on top of the 136k that i got it off of

after 4 or so of those huge credit bonuses i bought the conway finally a tank that comes with a gun, much better than the tier 8 too

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 19, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Wait does deadeye make you break peoples poo poo more often? I thought it just told you if you'd hit it?

Also Claus managed to bully wargaming into giving him a CC account. Lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLl-ctB-FlQ

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Sep 19, 2018

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

BadLlama posted:

Yeah I watched some stuff about the polish tanks and decided free exping to T7 was the sane option, WG financial tactics at work, like sheep to the slaughter.

Cib0 posted:

hi,
I was thinking exactly the same thing to use free expe till 45TP Habicha and for the 105mm gun and to research only the turret.

This is basically what I did; as I've written previously, I played & enjoyed the tier 5 but then jumped to the 7 and I'm lovin' it. It's basically a better IS; the alpha is lower, but everything else is better: gun handling, pen, mobility, armor. It's sluggish for sure, but mobile enough that I thought it was a MT because I wasn't paying enough attention. :downs: It's shocking how much stuff will bounce off you, although tier 10 guns (on tier 9 tanks) still go right through the front.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Wait does deadeye make you break peoples poo poo more often? I thought it just told you if you'd hit it?

You're thinking of eagle eye, deadeye is the gunner skill that increases the chance for a broken module on each hit by a bit.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Was called an idiot for losing to a 2v1 when everyone was at one-shot range after I had done 3,300+ damage and 6 kills in the T7 Polish tank -_-

Glad to be back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BadLlama posted:

Was called an idiot for losing to a 2v1 when everyone was at one-shot range after I had done 3,300+ damage and 6 kills in the T7 Polish tank -_-

Glad to be back.

Got called "blind" "cancer" "retard" in my SU-8.

For this match.

By the SU100Y.