Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

Patware posted:

zack has left me in a state of sublime internal tension where i can't tell if lisa's head is spinning as a visual gag or actual ability foreshadowing

Yak of Wrath fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 8, 2018

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Isaac looks so adorably happy. Let's hope Isabel doesn't fold, although she doesn't seem the type to fold easily.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Spender about to ruin another perfectly good moment.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Isabel is about to give the game away.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Maybe he'll calmly explain that their concern is with the spirit currently trapped inside Isaac and apologise for any issues this might have caused but they need to avoid exposing him to critical information until the spirit is gone?

Yeah no he's gonna gently caress it all up.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
I think Isabel is about to 100% leave a man behind.

Farewell Spender, you died as you lived- having your competence questioned by actual children.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Spender is going to drastically improve this scene in every imaginable way

For the reader

Not for the characters

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Spender's gonna introduce them to Agent Day, completely unaware of what they were talking about beforehand.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

They've already met Agent Day. They met last night.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
isabel's not stupid. she knows spender is keeping information away from isaac, shes not going to fuckin start up right in front of him lmao

this comic does an awful lot of stuff about the selves we project to the people around us and the selves within us known or otherwise, huh

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Agent Day is going to trick incriminating evidence out of Isabel and Boss Leader will send Walker to punch Spender's head.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Hypocrisy posted:

Agent Day is going to trick incriminating evidence out of Isabel and Boss Leader will send Walker to punch Spender's head.

From inside his head.

I'm sure that's how it'd work.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Everything's gone better than expected in today's update.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-299

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
The focus on Isabel's injured arm that Spender has not in fact noticed is pretty good.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Alopex posted:

The focus on Isabel's injured arm that Spender has not in fact noticed is pretty good.

The arm and the umbrella.
He did notice the book was missing but just in a "oh hey where's your book" and only after getting un hijacked

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I just noticed the faces Isaac is making

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

"End of Chapter, Thanks for reading"

It's happened, the seventh seal has been broken.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
The end (of chapter five) times are upon us.

Also guess hijack's dead dead :(

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Actual link to the page in question

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-300

Shame kids these days don't understand or appreciate a good booby trap.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Prepare your butts for a year of text-only updates before Zack drops this project foreverrr~ :buddy:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I, for one, hope Spender keeps his Supervillain Hair for the entirety of this comic's duration.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

Prepare your butts for a year of text-only updates before Zack drops this project foreverrr~ :buddy:

Yeah taking a break until 2019? Show’s over, folks.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.
I dunno, he's stuck with it for seven actual years. I could see him coming back after three months.

(even if the latest update has a "we just got cancelled o poo poo we gotta have a hopeful ending" episode feel :v: )

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I want to be optimistic but I don’t blame them. Dedicating your life to making a comic has to take its toll. I honestly don’t blame them wanting to relax and spend more time with their love ones. I tend to forget Zack is a young adult so they still have a lot to explore in life. If this is the end I enjoyed for what it was even with the bumps.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

please tell me these 'maybe the comic is over' posts aren't serious, come on y'all

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Patware posted:

please tell me these 'maybe the comic is over' posts aren't serious, come on y'all

Paranatural obviously has a rich story that hasn't even begun to be told or resolved, with characters with interwoven backstories and events from some years past that are repeating themselves in the present and so further. There's a lot of story to tell.

That sadly doesn't mean it will get told.

I don't know Zack personally and I don't know to what degree they plan to follow this through. I absolutely believe they didn't believe it was going to take 5 years to get through that chapter. Given the reality of the situation, they could very well need to take a step back and evaluate some things. For example, they have a story that is obviously complex and immersive, but yet it took seven years to get through just two days of that story.

I absolutely think moonwalking out is a very real possibility. I wonder about the Patreon backers and how that is going to work. If this is their full time job then they will need to resume producing at some point - I hope they take the time not just to rest, relax, play games, etc. but also to learn ways to draw that don't aggravate their wrist.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Patware posted:

:emptyquote:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Didn't Zack take a break at the end of the year last year as well?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gently caress I'm 100% them taking a break after that slog of an episode, if for no other reason than letting that wrist rest. As someone that concurrently developed a wrist problem alongside them, I sympathise :v:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Patware posted:

I for one was joking

But also not because I feel like I've seen this happen so many times before

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It isn't the longest break ever, so I'm not super concerned. Zach is due for some wrist rehabbing and I don't think they're gonna drop Supernatural, even if the hiatus ends up being extended.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe in those three months they'll figure out how to slim down the next chapter. As much as I loved hitball, the time it took to tell was grossly out of proportion with its narrative impact.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

gently caress I'm 100% them taking a break after that slog of an episode, if for no other reason than letting that wrist rest. As someone that concurrently developed a wrist problem alongside them, I sympathise :v:

I don't have a wrist problem but I agree and wish Zach was pushing this back till March.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The next chapter will be 3 pages long and have no dialogue.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Dalris Othaine posted:

I dunno, he's stuck with it for seven actual years. I could see him coming back after three months.

zack is nonbinary and doesn't use male pronouns

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A long hiatus isn't necessarily the end, there are comics that took years off and still finished. I hope Zack achieves whatever they're aiming to do with this.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The ultimate tribute to Hunter x Hunter after a dodgeball arc, a hiatus over health concerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I think it's a great idea for Zach to take a break for a few months. Paranatural always has fantastic guest strips and guest art, anyway.

I feel like if they were going to drop Paranatural it would have been before chapter 5 ended... and they're also clearly still setting up plot and seem enthusiastic about it. They've got a story to tell and they want to tell it, they just need some time to recharge. I'm not really getting any of the red flags for indefinitely hiatus off of their post. ...which I'm familiar with, because I've also seen it happen a lot.

Still hoping Blindsprings comes back okay!