Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

aegof posted:

-Vauban Prime x1 Mirkali

What's your in-game name? I'm usually pretty late but I can sometimes log in for a bit to check on some things.

Edit: Nevermind, Found me right after I posted this :parrot: Thanks again!

Edit2: Oh god the Nitain :negative: And the people that asked for Trinity... the cryo :smithicide:

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Ritznit posted:

Now if only I liked his skins. Fashion frame is the real game and none of his looks really quite click with me.

Hydroid himself is pretty meh but Hydroid Prime is baller af.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Assuming I can farm a couple argon crystals tonight I should have Chroma going in the oven tomorrow morning. Can’t wait to be a ninja dragon

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Just in time for Chroma Prime!

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

BeAuMaN posted:

What's your in-game name? I'm usually pretty late but I can sometimes log in for a bit to check on some things.

Edit: Nevermind, Found me right after I posted this :parrot: Thanks again!

Edit2: Oh god the Nitain :negative: And the people that asked for Trinity... the cryo :smithicide:

Looking it up, both TrinityP and VaubanP require 9000 cryotic, so it's not like you got off easy on that, either.
And check out that oxium requirement for V's chassis!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Psycho Landlord posted:

Just in time for Chroma Prime!

Still sweet, sweet MR to farm at least

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

aegof posted:

or don't

don't

:negative:

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
The clan has another salmon-colored smeeta. Thanks again to BeAuMaN for the imprints. If anyone wants them next, post your in-game name and I'll keep an eye out for you when they're done cooking.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Synthbuttrange posted:

feel free to put the non-primed ones in the garbage when you get the prime though
I am specifically going to keep a Chroma for dolons and one for normal groups that has Corrosive Projection. Very, very few frames that warrant multiple variants. The only other one I can think of is Excalibur Prime.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

aegof posted:

Looking it up, both TrinityP and VaubanP require 9000 cryotic, so it's not like you got off easy on that, either.

Oh god I must have missed the cryotic. I was just looking at the Nitain. A crime against the playerbase.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 18, 2018

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

HundredBears posted:

The clan has another salmon-colored smeeta. Thanks again to BeAuMaN for the imprints. If anyone wants them next, post your in-game name and I'll keep an eye out for you when they're done cooking.

I'm happy to keep the chain going. Ign Vahtooch

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

devinebovine posted:

This thread definitely needs more awesome fanart like sandweed posted.

Look up theDURRRRIAN he makes a lot of other stuff like Batman and Overwatch to.

Chroma

Limbo

Mag

Hydroid

Mesa

Ivara

K-Board prototype

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 18, 2018

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Hey credit that Durrian guy if you’re going to spam his art :v:

https://www.deviantart.com/thedurrrrian/gallery/

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I did thou?

Sandweed posted:

Look up theDURRRRIAN he makes a lot of other stuff like Batman and Overwatch to.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sandweed posted:

I did thou?

Rip, phone must have scrolled past it

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
jesus christ that war within quest freaking sucked to be honest. atleast i get neat operator powers. .

in other news, recently got mirage but will have to try her out in the weekend. I don't have time today. is she any good?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mirage is projectile frame. using a gun without visible projectiles as mirage is punishable by death.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I liked War Within, but it's the weakest of the quest trilogy. At least you've opened up the Sortie and Kuva missions :keke: Be sure to visit the Quills on Cetus to get properly equipped before starting The Sacrifice.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Fruity20 posted:

in other news, recently got mirage but will have to try her out in the weekend. I don't have time today. is she any good?

How do you feel about having 300% of your favorite gun?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Xun posted:

Rip, phone must have scrolled past it

It's cool

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

For maximum hilarity, pair Mirage with Lenz.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

What sort of gear do you need to start doing Sorties? Do you need to have forma'd a couple times to squeeze good mods in, or is it doable as a 4th with basic equipment and okay but not great mods. I'd like more rivens.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Jack Trades posted:

How do you feel about having 300% of your favorite gun?

is it so hilariously broken that girneer mooks die like flies?

DoombatINC posted:

I liked War Within, but it's the weakest of the quest trilogy. At least you've opened up the Sortie and Kuva missions :keke: Be sure to visit the Quills on Cetus to get properly equipped before starting The Sacrifice.

I don't know where the quills are. i hear so much talk about them but never got a chance to get them.

Fruity20 fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 18, 2018

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how to play mirage:
1. put up both buffs. they have the same long duration, so this is easy.
2. shoot dudes with hilarious sci fi guns, but never boring bullets.
3. use her 4 if you want, it doesn't matter and it's not like you need the energy.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Fruity20 posted:

I don't know where the quills are. i hear so much talk about them but never got a chance to get them.

In Cetus. But I think you need to so the Saya's Vigil quest (also in Cetus) first.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

mehall posted:

What sort of gear do you need to start doing Sorties? Do you need to have forma'd a couple times to squeeze good mods in, or is it doable as a 4th with basic equipment and okay but not great mods. I'd like more rivens.

If you have a decently tricked out frame (most potato'd prime frames will do) and weapon set then that'll do you for the most part. If you're not sure then just go for it anyway, worst case scenario you have to be carried by someone who could probably solo the sortie anyway.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Fruity20 posted:

Behind Konzu, up into the hilly bit, if you follow grafiti and see a door with a familiar pedestal activate your War Within power to enter a new room. EDIT : But you also need Saya's Vigil completed first (thanks for the reminder other goon in thread)

On what you need to do sorties? Hmm. I'd probably say a frame with a potato in it (I think they have to be level 30 to enter the missions?) and a decent weapon with a potato in it will be okay if you are with goons. Take something survivable though as level 100 enemies are pretty spicy. EDIT : And Corpro if there's any armour in the mission because Sortie 3 grineer and corrupted take so long to kill. Like, seconds.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

For reference, my normal sortie loadout is Nezha (can't kill what you can't catch) with my Arca Plasmor, Atomos and Prisma Dual Cleavers. All potato'd but the Atomos is the only one of those with any forma in.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Nezha with some range and duration gets to CC enemies and look metal as gently caress, which is nice.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

mehall posted:

What you need to be a fourth in sorties:

1) A level 30 frame
2) Corpro
3) One of each type of weapon (assault rifle, sniper rifle, shotgun, secondary, melee) for weapon restriction sorties

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

how to play mirage:
1. put up both buffs. they have the same long duration, so this is easy.
2. shoot dudes with hilarious sci fi guns, but never boring bullets.
3. use her 4 if you want, it doesn't matter and it's not like you need the energy.

Point of order: the absolute deluge of pellets that comes from Mirage using Mara Detron is hilarious, and I feel like it should be an exception to number 2.

But yeah, for best results pick something hilariously flashy like Ignis W or Lenz or Arca Plasmor.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
Are the Twin Grakatas acceptable, in the name of maximum dakka?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The Arca Plasmor goes well with pretty much anything from what I've seen. I've had mine for about a week and haven't been able to bring myself to switch away from it yet.

On a side note, Chroma is now in the oven, just in time to be ready for the weekend.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Ignis is especially hilarious on mirage because its beam is so drat fat you'll be hitting with all 3 more often than not. Plasmor probably too? I haven't tried that yet.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Bring your sunday best to sorties, and if you're going to get into them regularly then consider setting up some kits of high-end hardware. It's not Eidolon levels of "these specific frames with these specific builds" but you'll still want to be equipped to deal with handicapping mission conditions and some seriously hench enemies.

For the new sortie-doers, make sure that you have one weapon from each category (rifle, shotgun, sniper, bow, secondary, melee) ready to go. If a mission has a condition "Sniper Only" and you don't have a sniper rifle, then no sortie for you that day :haw: (e,f:b)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

That said if you use a frame like Titania, Excalibur, Mesa, etc., you still have to bring the sniper rifle or bow or whatever, but you sure as hell don't have to use it.

Telling a melee-only Survival sortie to gently caress off in dex pixia is great.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah exalted weapons are great for those sniper only infested survival sorties :v:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kyrosiris posted:

Point of order: the absolute deluge of pellets that comes from Mirage using Mara Detron is hilarious, and I feel like it should be an exception to number 2.
Those don't qualify as boring bullets, so you're safe.

Speaking of clouds of doom energy, I'm still greatly enjoying the Mirage/Phantasma combo. Favorite stupid extraction antic: lobbing grenades straight up so they explode just above head height.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

ClonedPickle posted:

3) One of each type of weapon (assault rifle, sniper rifle, shotgun, secondary, melee) for weapon restriction sorties

Oh yeah I forgot this bit, remember if you don't like regular bows (and don't yet have the fieldron to build a Lenz), its worth putting a bit of time into an Attica or Zhuge since they still count as bows despite basically being assault rifles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Helter Skelter posted:

Those don't qualify as boring bullets, so you're safe.

Speaking of clouds of doom energy, I'm still greatly enjoying the Mirage/Phantasma combo. Favorite stupid extraction antic: lobbing grenades straight up so they explode just above head height.

one of my favorite things recently has been using zephyr on the plains and/or in more open tilesets and more or less acting as a floating mortar battery due to the intense airtime letting me easily get off 3-4 phantasma grenade lobs