Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
DeSean Jackson is the antithesis of a safe play. He's the epitome of boom or bust.

He will have some more big games and he will have some absolute duds, but he and Fitz are hitting their peak production right now. A stark decline in productivity should be expected.

That being said, the Steelers are a great matchup, so they are both decent plays this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Steelers looked loving lost against Mahomes.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

DeSean Jackson is the antithesis of a safe play. He's the epitome of boom or bust.

He will have some more big games and he will have some absolute duds, but he and Fitz are hitting their peak production right now. A stark decline in productivity should be expected.

That being said, the Steelers are a great matchup, so they are both decent plays this week.

Of course, it's all relative though to who else you could have. Like in my case...I would much rather have DJax than say Robbie Anderson at least at this point in time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Right on cue:

https://twitter.com/Farzin21/status/1042068288535257088

https://twitter.com/Farzin21/status/1042069959101296640

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

weird Asian candy posted:

Of course, it's all relative though to who else you could have. Like in my case...I would much rather have DJax than say Robbie Anderson at least at this point in time.

Yeah that's a fine move. Was just responding to the idea that he is a 'safe' play, which I definitely disagree with.

Don''t think I'd be dropping Cook for Howard. Howard only has 6 targets through 2 games of peak Bucs offense.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

I've got:

Golladay DET
Fuller HOU
Ginn NO
Williams LA (Chargers)
Dorsett NE

I just don't know. Thinking of dropping one of my TEs to pick up DJax (Ebron or Howard)

0.5 PPR Yahoo

Thoughts?

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
1-1 in a 0.5 ppr league. I currently have 4th priority in a rolling waiver system, should I use it to pick up Austin Ekeler? Obviously Watson would be dropped.

QB: Mahomes, Cousins
RB: Bell, Conner, Howard, Burkhead, Kerryon, Penny
WR: M. Thomas, Diggs, Cooper, Goodwin
TE: Burton, Watson
D/ST: Bears
K: Butker

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Is offering Aaron Rodgers + Sterling Shepard for Saquon Barkley giving up too much?
How about Rodgers + Yeldon for Christian McCaffery?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Is offering Aaron Rodgers + Sterling Shepard for Saquon Barkley giving up too much?
How about Rodgers + Yeldon for Christian McCaffery?

Quite the opposite. These are really bad offers and you should get instantly rejected.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I've got:

Golladay DET
Fuller HOU
Ginn NO
Williams LA (Chargers)
Dorsett NE

I just don't know. Thinking of dropping one of my TEs to pick up DJax (Ebron or Howard)

0.5 PPR Yahoo

Thoughts?

I would drop Howard for DJax.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Yeah that's a fine move. Was just responding to the idea that he is a 'safe' play, which I definitely disagree with.

Don''t think I'd be dropping Cook for Howard. Howard only has 6 targets through 2 games of peak Bucs offense.

Gotcha, yeah I guess I misused the 'safe' term. DJax and safe do not co-exist but his upside is incredible right now.

I actually drafted Howard and then dropped him for Cook (lol). I keep going back and forth. Maybe I should just stand pat or attempt a trade. There is crap for TE's out there.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I've got:

Golladay DET
Fuller HOU
Ginn NO
Williams LA (Chargers)
Dorsett NE

0.5 PPR Yahoo

Thoughts?

Tough because you have a ton of pretty solid WRs. Golladay, Ginn, Fuller are undroppable imo. Curious to see what happens to Dorsett once Edelman comes back...I would say drop Howard but you have a bevvy of WRs already.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I keep waiting for Quincy Enunwa to have that blow up game and make people forget about Robbie Anderson. If only Darnold hit him in the endzone.

edit: somebody in my league picked up Marlon Mack after I dropped him for $442 and was the only bid. Ouch.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Sep 18, 2018

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

Quite the opposite. These are really bad offers and you should get instantly rejected.

Allright, fair. I'm having a real tough time with this Rodgers situation because I want to sell high for an RB, but have no idea what to value him at. I thought my league's Saquon owner might bite because his QB scenario is the most hosed (Foles and Mariota) and the McCaffery owner might also bite because he's also got Fournette shares and I thought Yeldon would be a good handcuff.

This is also the league with the bad "four votes can veto down a trade" rule so even if I get one of them to sign off on a bad deal, it has to pass the rest of the league's fleece-filter, so I don't want to offer anything outrageously bad.

What price IS a certified pre-owned Aaron Rodgers going for in PPR leagues these days?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vargo posted:

Allright, fair. I'm having a real tough time with this Rodgers situation because I want to sell high for an RB, but have no idea what to value him at. I thought my league's Saquon owner might bite because his QB scenario is the most hosed (Foles and Mariota) and the McCaffery owner might also bite because he's also got Fournette shares and I thought Yeldon would be a good handcuff.

This is also the league with the bad "four votes can veto down a trade" rule so even if I get one of them to sign off on a bad deal, it has to pass the rest of the league's fleece-filter, so I don't want to offer anything outrageously bad.

What price IS a certified pre-owned Aaron Rodgers going for in PPR leagues these days?

I feel like the Lamar Miller/Kenyan Drake/Chris Thompson/Mark Ingram tier is a more reasonable expectation. QB is just too deep to get the kind of return you're talking about; plus Rodgers isn't even 100% and probably won't be all year.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Gobias Ind. posted:

I feel like the Lamar Miller/Kenyan Drake/Chris Thompson/Mark Ingram tier is a more reasonable expectation. QB is just too deep to get the kind of return you're talking about; plus Rodgers isn't even 100% and probably won't be all year.

Allright, thanks, good advice. I think I'm gonna shoot for Kenyan Drake or Chris Thompson. Those owners have Jimmy G and Matt Ryan at QB, respectively.

UPDATE: Thompson owner hit "accept" so fast I'm now scared.

Vargo fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 18, 2018

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is there any fair offer I could make for Gronk without gimping my team?
HPPR, 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1Flex
QB: Big Ben, Wentz
RB: Kamara, Ajayi, Crowell, Lindsay, Ekeler
WR: M. Thomas, TY, Alshon
Flex: Kupp
TE: Njoku

He has Bell so he needs some RB help, he's currently starting Lynch and Burkhead. I'm thinking I could do Ajayi+Njoku or Maybe Hilton+Lindsay/Ekeler

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mahomes may be perfect and efficient all season, and Favre would still be the last HOF QB I'd turn to for opinions about taking care of the ball.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Is Hayden Hurst worth a stash yet? Ever?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Is Hayden Hurst worth a stash yet? Ever?

I've got him in one of my dynasty leagues. But I am not expecting him to do anything because he's a Ravens TE.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Ravens TEs have collectively been decent. The problem is it's split between 3 guys.

If (big if) Hurst can take over the job he could be a useful player.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

Mahomes may be perfect and efficient all season, and Favre would still be the last HOF QB I'd turn to for opinions about taking care of the ball.

Ha yeah I know. I agree.

Favre had this huge arm but you'd see him loading up, winding up, and then BAM firing it like a cannon. It was amazing to watch and also, frankly, gave defenses a lot of time to see where he's going with it and a lot of them got intercepted.

As opposed to this. Watch the absolute EASE with which he throws this 40 yard pass. And look, I know I need to stop posting about Mahomes for a while. It's just....

He might as well be warming up on the sideline. He's more Rodgers than Favre when I see passes like these.

https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan...%23post13741605

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hell yeah pat mahomes: better than a hall of famer

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

My uncle works at the hall of fame and he told me there's a secret hall of fame underneath the hall of fame called the Hall of Fame Plus where they keep busts of guys who are still playing but you gotta find the secret switch beneath the second greatest QB of all time to get in.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Spoeank posted:

Don’t you mean Hall of Mahomes

Figured they would just rename it after him.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

How well do you think Edelman will do when he gets back?

1 PPR - I'm 2-0 and the guy I'm trading with is 0-2

My George Kittle and Golden Tate for his Zach Ertz and Julian Edelman. I have Keelan Cole on my bench who would replace Edelman until he gets back.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I no longer believe this "accidentally paid $50 for Mahomes at my auction" story.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
kiimo 👏 post 👏 the 👏 per 👏 game 👏 expectations 👏

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
400 yards 4 tds

I love this mahomes chat. Glad I drafted him in dynasty last year. Got me a GOAT

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

400 yards 4 tds

The whole game, not just the first half

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Suave Fedora posted:

The whole game, not just the half

O I thought he meant per quarter

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Spoeank posted:

kiimo 👏 post 👏 the 👏 per 👏 game 👏 expectations 👏

285 yards 2.5 TD. There I just made up some poo poo out of the blue for you.

I'd start him against SF though, that sounds like another shootout.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you trade away Golladay to get Josh Gordon and Cooper Kupp?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm in a pretty standard 10 team PPR league (2 RB/2WR/TE/FLX) but waivers are auction-based so I don't have to worry about giving up a prime slot or anything.

Should I worry about replacing my bench RBs at this point?

Tarik Cohen
Marlon Mack

Starters are Burkhead and Johnson.

Also, I have Zuerlein on this team. Should I just wait out the injury or do I go ahead and try to pickup a kicker? I've never really had to worry about kickers before. Crosby is available so it seems like a no brainer?

Here's the full team:

tadashi fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 18, 2018

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What do your other WRs look like.

Gordon catching passes from Brady is waaaaaaaaay too enticing.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes, I think so. I like the upside on both of them.

I scratch your back you scratch mine. Which of these combos would you rather have on your roster(starting today)? Full PPR

George Kittle + Jarvis Landry
George Kittle + Golden Tate
Zach Ertz + Julian Edelman
Rob Gronkowski + Alshon Jeffrey

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
The Niners secondary other than Sherman has been pretty terrible. Ahkello Witherspoon looks like someone who has never played DB before. If you want to sell Mahomes that's fine, but I would bet that if you wait until this time next week you'll be able to get even more for him.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

Yes, I think so. I like the upside on both of them.

I scratch your back you scratch mine. Which of these combos would you rather have on your roster(starting today)? Full PPR

George Kittle + Jarvis Landry
George Kittle + Golden Tate
Zach Ertz + Julian Edelman
Rob Gronkowski + Alshon Jeffrey

fwiw I'd go Gronk and Alshon

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

fwiw I'd go Gronk and Alshon

Definitely this.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like Golladay a lot... and I mean a lot. but I think you gotta take that. Gordon could go off, and if not Kupp is some nice insurance.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

kiimo posted:

285 yards 2.5 TD. There I just made up some poo poo out of the blue for you.

I'd start him against SF though, that sounds like another shootout.

That's 35 touchdowns in 14 games, plus 10 so far.

FWIW here's a complete list of everyone who has thrown 45 touchdowns in a season: Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Dan Marino, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers.

Here's the complete list of everyone that did it in their first year starting:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Spoeank posted:

Here's the complete list of everyone that did it in their first year starting:

Funny, that was the same list as everyone who opened the season with 10 TDs.