Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:wow:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

ChickenWing posted:

Props to whoever made the "mittens banned" ads because goddamn if there aren't names in here I haven't seen in five years

some potential quality drama draws people out of the woodwork

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

I don't know why this awesome post is being ignored.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Maneck posted:

I don't know why this awesome post is being ignored.

15 people empty quoted it. How is it being ignored?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dalael posted:

15 people empty quoted it. How is it being ignored?

:thejoke:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

nex posted:

some potential quality drama draws people out of the woodwork

drat right. I haven't played this game in years, and I saw that ad and was like whoa, "Mittens was banned? Here on SA? By CCP?"

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

ChickenWing posted:

Props to whoever made the "mittens banned" ads because goddamn if there aren't names in here I haven't seen in five years

I might login to laugh at Zungen, but that's where it ends.

This is the most Theta thing I've seen, and the mining meta is hilarious.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i have no idea why but sitting in a mining barge while drinking sounds really good right now

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hahaha

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

i have no idea why but sitting in a mining barge while drinking sounds really good right now

What has you so depressed, friend?

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ore money, ore problems.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:vince:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:snoo:

irishmafiawku
Sep 18, 2018

:holymoley:

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
if i wasn't lazy that'd be the new sa ad

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Zalmun
Jan 17, 2008

It'sa me!

Nap Ghost

:mediocre:

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Counterpoint:

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Micromancer posted:

Counterpoint:

this one is better

but i think if you guys are targeting people like me not many of them are going to get the original poster in the first place compared to MITTENS BANNED GOONS MAD or w/e

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Truga posted:

Honestly ECM has been kinda bad design since the start. Exploding is one thing, but being on the grid the entire fight while being unable to do anything at all because you can't lock poo poo is stupid.

Also knowing CCP they're going to put this in, but if two ships are jamming you, you still can't target either because they both exclude eachother.

they said you can target anyone that has you jammed, that said they will totally gently caress it up somehow

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
so apparently PL got all mad at mr melon and formed to RF his keepstar, but actually didn't manage to RF it

querns pls save that kipstar if PL ever does try and blow it up

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

so apparently PL got all mad at mr melon and formed to RF his keepstar, but actually didn't manage to RF it

querns pls save that kipstar if PL ever does try and blow it up

was there a defense fleet or is pl just so dead they couldn't crack the regen

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

was there a defense fleet or is pl just so dead they couldn't crack the regen

I have no clue what actually happened, but they didn't manage to RF it

PL is probably not doing well ATM, one of the funnier things was that penifsmash is quite good at providing military direction, and without that they're probably just doing whatever vince wants atm

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

I have no clue what actually happened, but they didn't manage to RF it

PL is probably not doing well ATM, one of the funnier things was that penifsmash is quite good at providing military direction, and without that they're probably just doing whatever vince wants atm

the gently caress kind of military direction do you need to RF a structure, you put bodies in ships and you tell them to lock up the structure and press F1

i could probably FC that fleet as long as no one actually tried to contest it :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

the gently caress kind of military direction do you need to RF a structure, you put bodies in ships and you tell them to lock up the structure and press F1

i could probably FC that fleet as long as no one actually tried to contest it :v:

you need a certain number of bodies in ships, a bit tough for PL atm

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

you need a certain number of bodies in ships, a bit tough for PL atm

who knows, maybe they can beg NCdot to tell horde to help them out

it's not like horde is doing anything important like rorq mining or anything

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

who knows, maybe they can beg NCdot to tell horde to help them out

it's not like horde is doing anything important like rorq mining or anything

we'll see what happens

IMO it's kinda cool to have a true unaligned keepstar sitting in ama, it's owned by ama pd and all they care about is having a cool place to stash their autismblingboats

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

1 keepstar too stronk? You must be from the north! :hurr:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

froody guy posted:

1 keepstar too stronk? You must be from the north! :hurr:

please sign your posts

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
I remember being in awe of PL's fleet back in the days. The amount of times Fc's had to run away and hide behind POS shields.
And now they can't even reinforce a keepstar. :sad:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

To be fair to PL they lost their backbone of people who actually formed up for poo poo, so all that's left is the hangers-on. What's next for the folks who used to be the backbone of PL? Continue riding bikes in other games?

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Truga posted:

Honestly ECM has been kinda bad design since the start. Exploding is one thing, but being on the grid the entire fight while being unable to do anything at all because you can't lock poo poo is stupid.

Also knowing CCP they're going to put this in, but if two ships are jamming you, you still can't target either because they both exclude eachother.

Some repercussions to this:

Small gang and wormhole fights will likely be largely unaffected with a couple exceptions; Counter jams are more important than ever, but you don't auto lose if theirs lands first. Logistics might have to repair Falcons now. Rooks might be flown. Damps remain powerful.

Soloing probably won't see much change; if you're getting jammed the you're also probably getting blobbed so you're dead anyway. It will make ecm drones marginally more bearable.

Hotdropping carriers will be less trivially easy.

Griffin Navy Issue is now an expensive Merlin.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
It's a decent change. Step in right direction. It's gonna be great to lock up the kitsune at 70km and just wave at him while you are tackled.

lordxoi
May 24, 2003

DA-DA-DUM!

Hexel posted:

I'm just here to piss on the corpse of PL

Hopefully ncdot too if yall dont let em go

What’s the point of pissing on a corpse that’s already pissed and poo poo itself

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czEMdSWodI0

games dead, remove local

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

E: loving lol yep it's a bot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkeEs1Xxx4Y