Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
if multiple supreme court justices can rape women with impunity, I don't see why jameis has to suffer damages from such fake news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
thoughts and prayers for antonio brown

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The Fitzmagictars are multiplying, I see.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

To be fair all you missed was the Steelers doing damage control.

Shows what you know, that was AB's agent doing the damage control!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

The Fitzmagictars are multiplying, I see.

I could never beat these in final fantasy

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Josh Gordon is going to get a sick weed script from Brady's fake doctor and I'm jealous.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1042263810332090368

quote:

Brady started worrying for his job almost immediately after Belichick cited his age and contract status -- and the coach's own desire to be "early rather than late at that position" -- when the Patriots drafted Garoppolo in 2014. One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn't that Belichick's system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. "But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it," the assistant said. "I don't think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don't."

quote:

"If you're married 18 years to a grouchy person who gets under your skin and never compliments you, after a while you want to divorce him," a source with knowledge of the Brady-Belichick relationship told ESPN's Ian O'Connor, author of "Belichick: The Making of the Greatest Football Coach of All Time," after the 2017 season.

"Tom knows Bill is the best coach in the league, but he's had enough of him. If Tom could, I think he would divorce him."

quote:

In the early days of the case, Belichick was among the Patriots officials who had "serious doubts" about Brady's claim he had no involvement in the potential deflation of footballs used in the January 2015 AFC Championship Game victory over the Colts.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure the Brady/Belichick era ends with them banging and then killing each other

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
belichick and brady are never retiring, they both know the magic of sucking lifeforce from children via the mouth.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

belichick and brady are never retiring, they both know the magic of sucking lifeforce from children via the mouth.

All those make a wish children...

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

quote:

One New England assistant said the general feeling among staff members around that time wasn't that Belichick's system could make Super Bowl quarterbacks out of all 32 NFL starters. "But if you gave us any of the top 15, we could do it," the assistant said. "I don't think the coaches view Tom as special as everyone else in football does. Mr. Kraft thinks Tom is the greatest gift ever, but the coaches don't."

Note the track record of a)Belichick's coaching tree and b) Brady's backups when reading this for a good laugh.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

sean10mm posted:

Note the track record of a)Belichick's coaching tree and b) Brady's backups when reading this for a good laugh.

im glad the lions have both of these things.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Really wish they'dve just traded him instead of handsome James

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles signed Jordan Matthews. Not a bad signing imo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Gordon apparently did indeed pass his drug tests today.

I hope the way this went down is, Gordon showed up acting high as poo poo, because he wanted out of that drat organization and knew they'd cut him if he was using.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

shyduck posted:

Eagles signed Jordan Matthews. Not a bad signing imo
Wasnt he cut by the Bills? Thats a pretty bad sign, if so.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

So we essentially got Ronald Darby for free...just sent Matthews out on a loan deal for a year.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Doing the opposite of what the Bills do might work out pretty well

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

i mean you're assuming here that when the bills do things, they're intelligent things, and recent evidence indicates otherwise

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

So we essentially got Ronald Darby for free...just sent Matthews out on a loan deal for a year.

Well, and the third-round pick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Doing the opposite of what the Bills do might work out pretty well

sword_man.gif posted:

i mean you're assuming here that when the bills do things, they're intelligent things, and recent evidence indicates otherwise

. . . huh

Good point.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

fsif posted:

Well, and the third-round pick.

Ah yeah, forgot about the pick too. I thought it was a straight up player-for-player swap

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I mean, he was cut by the Pats too

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

New England coaches think Brady is a system quarterback. No wonder they all fail when they go out on their own.

Also, Robert Kraft still smart.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

New England coaches think Brady is a system quarterback. No wonder they all fail when they go out on their own.

Also, Robert Kraft still smart.

Maybe Brady should walk and prove them wrong :colbert:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Belichick must have the biggest ego in the league if he thinks Touchdown Tom was interchangeable with half the NFL

Nov 6, 2002

Imagine you're Chud McCoach on the Patriots, sucking on the teat of Belichick and you think...

"Brady's not that great, with this defense and team we could win a Super Bowl with any top 15 QB!" *gives up 2000 points in the Super Bowl*

nah
Mar 16, 2009

the Rams have 4 primetime games this year

Thu 9/27, Vikings
Sun 10/21, @49ers
Mon 11/19, Chiefs
Sun 12/16, Eagles

:stare:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

nah posted:

the Rams have 4 primetime games this year

Thu 9/27, Vikings
Sun 10/21, @49ers
Mon 11/19, Chiefs
Sun 12/16, Eagles

:stare:

I hate that the Vikings game is on a Thursday and that the Vikings will be coming off playing the Bills

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Belichick must have the biggest ego in the league if he thinks Touchdown Tom was interchangeable with half the NFL

I feel like this doesn't really need an if

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Belichick is a huge egotist, obviously, but this is just a Belichick *assistant* claiming that *other Belichick assistants* think Brady is a system QB.

So basically:

sean10mm posted:

Bill O'Brien: I CAN DO THIS WITH RYAN MALLETT AND BRIAN HOYER!
Narrator: He couldn't.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Brady is fungible. All the qbs that played in NE under Bill in recent years have won games (while still in NE). Jimmy and Cassel both did work. Its only when the qbs leave NE and Bill that they suck.

Touchdown Tom owes everything to Bill

JIZZ DENOUEMENT fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 19, 2018

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

It’s almost as if Belichick assistants, having experienced the success associated with his regime, attempt to reproduce that success via cargo cult rather than substance and then fail spectacularly. If you look at Brady and don’t think the exact same thing would happen to him if he left New England, you’re delusional.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Mike Lombardi said on his podcast that the Browns almost traded Josh Gordon in 2013 to the 49ers for a 2nd but Jimmy Haslam vetoed it

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Belichick seems to have a Joe Gibbs kind of program but in the salary cap era. It'd be super interesting to see what he'd do if he kept coaching after Brady retires.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I love that the system QB arguments from 2002-2005 are coming back up again

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
I hate to agree with The Monster Who Is Bill Belichick but he won 11 games with Matt Cassel and I doubt Brady has wiped his rear end without Bill's permission since I was in the 3rd grade.

Nov 6, 2002

MatildaTheHun posted:

I hate to agree with The Monster Who Is Bill Belichick but he won 11 games with Matt Cassel and I doubt Brady has wiped his rear end without Bill's permission since I was in the 3rd grade.

Eh, he won 11 games against the easiest schedule they ever had in the Belichick era on completely loaded team that went 16-0 previously.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Eh, he won 11 games against the easiest schedule they ever had in the Belichick era on completely loaded team that went 16-0 previously.

Yeah, this is why the "System QB" argument is A+ trolling but super dumb if actually taken seriously. Tons of QBs have fluked into 1 good season under ideal conditions and then proven to be bums. One season is too small a sample to take seriously, and all the other Brady backups barely played at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nah
Mar 16, 2009

incorrect, Tom brady is a system QB and a cheater to boot

• Locked thread