Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Theo Rossi just blows me away after being utterly terrible in every moment of SoA.

I kinda liked Juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

I kinda liked Juice.

I'd have liked him better if he'd killed every other member of the club.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

I'd have liked him better if he'd killed every other member of the club.

I liked him up to a point. After he killed Miles and Clay got his hooks into him, he became not interesting at all. I did like his last ride when he put the cut back on and got himself arrested. I dunno why I liked that part.

Also lmao...I had a SoA dream last night.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There was nothing wrong with doing Elektra, they just did her lovely for no reason. You can adapt anything from the comics, just don't do it lovely! That's my advice to Marvel's tv people.

Like I'm sure everyone's all "well they can't do stilt-man" but can any of you tell me you wouldn't love to see them try?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SonicRulez posted:

I dunno if it's a Frank Miller thing necessarily. Elektra is gonna be in the top 5 DD characters any person would name on the spot. It's like how any Batman story is going to be asked about Robin in one way or another.

You're aware of who created then killed Elektra in the comics, right?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Skwirl posted:

You're aware of who created then killed Elektra in the comics, right?

I dunno what point you are making, my dude.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Shades is probably the only reason I was able to keep going through LC season 2, and I hope Theo Rossi's star keeps rising (Dear Theo: please do not turn out to be a lovely person and make me retroactively feel bad for saying this). Kim Coates is still my favorite Sons alum, though, and I'd love to see him in the MU in some fashion. He wouldn't be a bad Wolverine if you wanted to dial back from "peak human physique" and lean into "busted".

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheWrap/status/1040651151698325504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Recast her

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just cast Nick Bakay as a person in a cat suit.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I would be ok with it if they went the Wilfred route actually

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Like me she has no reason to pretend to like cats, this is a good life to live.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Lurdiak posted:

There was nothing wrong with doing Elektra, they just did her lovely for no reason. You can adapt anything from the comics, just don't do it lovely! That's my advice to Marvel's tv people.

Like I'm sure everyone's all "well they can't do stilt-man" but can any of you tell me you wouldn't love to see them try?

i would not love to see them try because i don’t want them to do stilt-man dirty like they did elektra :(

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

X-O posted:

Like me she has no reason to pretend to like cats, this is a good life to live.

Are you celebrating that you're allergic to cats? Or that you hate cats?

If it's the later I think you shouldn't be a mod.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah! Cats are cool fucker!

Not mine though, my cats suck

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Just dope her up on those allergy shots imo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If you're allergic to cats what you're most likely allergic to is cat dander, so the cat just hasn't been properly groomed

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I need this to happen

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I am terribly allergic to cats. I still think they own and would kinda like to have one anyway.

In other news, I've never bothered with any of the DC shows. I missed the boat on Arrow and didn't care about The Flash or any of the others to go out of my way to watch them. But a couple of months back, a station here started showing The Flash on weeknights and...I'm kinda hooked. Despite Barry being the dumbest motherfucker alive, I really quite dig the cast and the whole weird poo poo with Thawne grooming him to be the best Flash he can be...so he can kill him, all the Earth Two stuff, Wally showing up, etc. S3 just started and I'm just laughing the whole episode through at how hosed things are, and seemingly going to continue to be.

In short, the whole thing has given me a new appreciation for the Flash (never read any version of him except Wally in the JLI days) but I have to ask - is Barry anywhere near as dumb in the comics as his TV counterpart? Because HOLY poo poo, he's some kind of sweet, well meaning idiot singularity in the show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Are you celebrating that you're allergic to cats? Or that you hate cats?

If it's the later I think you shouldn't be a mod.

I am allergic and indifferent. I wish no cat ill will but I also don’t really care for them at all.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

I am allergic and indifferent. I wish no cat ill will but I also don’t really care for them at all.

Cats are the best pet because they're the only pet that will call you on your own bullshit.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Could be worse. Cats are usually contained, even outdoors they like to watch and will take a hint, dogs are public and want to interact. People will happily ignore leash laws and let their dogs dash around charging strangers, laughing at how playful they are while ignoring the guy frozen in terror. And don't you DARE say anything untoward about it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Sentinel Red posted:

I am terribly allergic to cats. I still think they own and would kinda like to have one anyway.

In other news, I've never bothered with any of the DC shows. I missed the boat on Arrow and didn't care about The Flash or any of the others to go out of my way to watch them. But a couple of months back, a station here started showing The Flash on weeknights and...I'm kinda hooked. Despite Barry being the dumbest motherfucker alive, I really quite dig the cast and the whole weird poo poo with Thawne grooming him to be the best Flash he can be...so he can kill him, all the Earth Two stuff, Wally showing up, etc. S3 just started and I'm just laughing the whole episode through at how hosed things are, and seemingly going to continue to be.

In short, the whole thing has given me a new appreciation for the Flash (never read any version of him except Wally in the JLI days) but I have to ask - is Barry anywhere near as dumb in the comics as his TV counterpart? Because HOLY poo poo, he's some kind of sweet, well meaning idiot singularity in the show.

If you like dumb characters you NEED to watch Legends of Tomorrow. Just skip season 1 because absolutely nothing of interest happens in it and go right to season 2.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
oh my god this sounds so much better than any Marvel live-action thing I had expected for the Disney streaming service, though Marvel Television proper is probably doing something too

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1042214275958206464

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Rip Netflix marvel

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Netflix Marvel is already dead anyway.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Netflix Marvel is already dead anyway.

not literally, Netflix can almost certainly renew the shows they already have for as many seasons as they want (which is normally how broadcaster/studio TV deals work)

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Disney better pay evans and the russos a fuckton of money and give me an 8 episode winter soldier style show

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Barry Convex posted:

oh my god this sounds so much better than any Marvel live-action thing I had expected for the Disney streaming service, though Marvel Television proper is probably doing something too

Hiddleston's Loki is a fantastic character and needs as much screen time (with quality writing) as possible.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In a weird way, Iron Fist seems to have learned the best lesson.

Cut it down to 10 episodes.
One single antagonist who is introduced immeadiately
Make them someone from last season, so you have 13 hours of back story already banked
Write an incredibly tight script to fit your new 10 show format and just bring back all the best characters from first season and pretend the others never existed.

The only problem with this is they brought back Joy and Ward for S2 instead of pretending that they never happened.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

mllaneza posted:

Hiddleston's Loki is a fantastic character and needs as much screen time (with quality writing) as possible.

I dunno, I hope the fucker's dead for good.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Barry Convex posted:

https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1042214275958206464

"Disney and Marvel refused to comment"

where is this information coming from

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

From the reporter's sources at Marvel or Disney.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Why everybody gotta snitch all the time?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

fractalairduct posted:

how exactly do you think entertainment reporting, or for that matter reporting in general, works

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 19, 2018

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

fractalairduct posted:

It's coming from inside the mouse.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
RE: Allergy chat

I thought there was a shot for that kind of allergy?

Cythereal posted:

I dunno, I hope the fucker's dead for good.

No one ever permanently dies in superhero stories.... Dead is quite literally NEVER dead. Even when a writer kills a character and says they are dead for real, there is nothing really stopping another writer from resurrecting them years later. It is a pretty weird expectation to have if you are interested in the genre at all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

mllaneza posted:

I now want.. no NEED this to be made (preferably *with* a Squirrel Girl cameo, but it could be used with any character really)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Forsooth.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I doubt we're getting a Captain America series with Evans as he has been trying to distance himself from action movies for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

I doubt we're getting a Captain America series with Evans as he has been trying to distance himself from action movies for a while.

He's said he's done with the role.

I'm personally hoping he goes into politics.