Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

Mother 1 is very much playable until the end of the game where the final areas like Earthbound include a factory filled with Starmen and a ridiculous trek up a mountain filled with super powerful monsters. But the endgame is actually better than Earthbound because they give you a robot that one-shots all monsters... until it dies halfway up the mountain so make sure you grind before the plot beat lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

oddium posted:

post your best neopets

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm currently on hold with gamestop because someone on the internet told me they'd honor Spiderman PS4 Pro orders from their glitchy website.

I hope you are all having better evenings than being on hold with Gamestop.

One of the girls from the gamestop hold "talk-show" just said rpg games.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
RPG, in the context of video games, has long since ceased to stand for anything. They certainly aren't roleplaying games

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oddium posted:

post your best neopets

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

RPG, in the context of video games, has long since ceased to stand for anything. They certainly aren't roleplaying games

You've rekindled my love for rpg games. Time to go withdraw $60 from the nearest atm machine.

edit: "It takes place during World War 2 which was such a...heavy time..."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

man most of these guys suck

the little witch whips though. also the motorcycle line and the sumo egg baby that grows up

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

man most of these guys suck

the little witch whips though. also the motorcycle line and the sumo egg baby that grows up

i'm the grumpy flan

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
is one of those a butt with legs

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol videogames are so loving stupid

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

please don't post my portrait

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

there's 970 medabots and also they still make new medabot games

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

PantsBandit posted:

I'm currently on hold with gamestop because someone on the internet told me they'd honor Spiderman PS4 Pro orders from their glitchy website.

I hope you are all having better evenings than being on hold with Gamestop.

One of the girls from the gamestop hold "talk-show" just said rpg games.

Maybe they meant games with rocket-propelled grenades, like upcoming hits Black Ops IIII or Battlefield V which you should Preorder Now

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

post your best neopets

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah I give Pokemon poo poo for having an ice cream mon, but it could be so much worse

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

Mother 1 is very much playable until the end of the game where the final areas like Earthbound include a factory filled with Starmen and a ridiculous trek up a mountain filled with super powerful monsters. But the endgame is actually better than Earthbound because they give you a robot that one-shots all monsters... until it dies halfway up the mountain so make sure you grind before the plot beat lol

in the gba version they give you a teleporter that lets you warp immediately to where eve dies and you can just run past all of the monsters on the way to the cave with a lower encounter rate since the run button on the overworld actually functions as a run and doesn't just double the game speed. you can also just use dimensional warp to run from encounters 100% of the time

the nes version has a bunch of irritating pitfalls but playing it on gba fixes pretty much all of them and the game takes like half as long in general so there's no reason not to play that version unless you just really want to play mother 1 on your wii u virtual console

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Sep 19, 2018

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah I give Pokemon poo poo for having an ice cream mon, but it could be so much worse

the guy that made the ice cream also made golurk and buzzwole !!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wow Buzzwole rules!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

play mother 1 on your wii u virtual console

About that... 😬

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh are we talking about neopets designs

Okay then

Mynci 4.0

Mynci 3.0

Mynci 2.0

Mynci 1.0

Bruce 4.0

Bruce 3.0

Bruce 2.0

Bruce 1.0

Kau 2.0

Kau 1.0

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

oddium posted:

The greaser/50's robots are awesome

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/KrazyKariana/status/1042131894660411392

Coco you look weeeeird.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Old Crash...

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Why does crash look like the dad from rugrats?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

tap my mountain posted:

Crash, that's 144 peaches!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

because he's lost control of his life

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

because he's lost control of his life

Literally

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/superbomberbros/status/1042238507190820864

Someone still working at Konami in the games department keeps putting more characters into this game.

They made an Upa Bomber they gave a baby a bomb DON'T GIVE BABIES BOMBS!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Viewtiful Jew posted:

https://twitter.com/superbomberbros/status/1042238507190820864

Someone still working at Konami in the games department keeps putting more characters into this game.

They made an Upa Bomber they gave a baby a bomb DON'T GIVE BABIES BOMBS!

It's weird to see the Pop'n Music girls as Bombermen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Verranicus posted:

It's weird to see the Pop'n Music girls as Bombermen.

They even got a little trailer for them.

Oh and the official site just updated with even more new characters, including more guest characters for each (not Switch) platform.

It looks like they gave up trying to make some of the guests actual Bomber-people though. That's just Toro pretending to be a Bomber.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReJsfIG8P_U

that was fast

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I finally pulled myself away from my monster hunter hole to start Yakuza 0 and it's remarkable that this plays and looks better than a PS2 game...really turning around my opinion on the series in a major way

Yakuza whips

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*calls gamestop*

al-azad
May 28, 2009

i'm thinking about Mischief Makers and how the main character is a bulky robot with peg legs and samurai armor with penciled on boobs and every chapter ends with you rescuing the kidnapped professor, him making grabby hands, and you just launching him into literal space

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

al-azad posted:

i'm thinking about Mischief Makers and how the main character is a bulky robot with peg legs and samurai armor with penciled on boobs and every chapter ends with you rescuing the kidnapped professor, him making grabby hands, and you just launching him into literal space

Marina rules.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Mischief Makers is one of the best 2D platformers ever made

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It really is and I'm super upset because I apparently lost my original copy received on my birthday october 26 1997 that had all the gold gems.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Capcom: Closing studios and stealing kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAh0tE2Qzow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Verranicus posted:

Marina rules.

Shake, shake