Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

The library won't be dirt cheap then as Anthem can just use it as filler programming on the Fight Network for all of eternity.

THE FOOTAGE THAT WWE DOESN'T WANT YOU TO SEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think the Dale Oliver-produced themes from TNA could be of use for overdubbing old footage on the network - I'd rather listen to his take on "Come Out and Play" and "Perfect Strangers" than whatever WWE is currently overdubbing old ECW footage with

Hell, just buy the company so Samoa Joe can start using his TNA theme again

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

EugeneJ posted:

Hell, just buy the company so Samoa Joe can start using his TNA facepaint again

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Bring back "Hardcore Country"!

Hyped for this:

And that:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Buy the TNA library, replace every McMahon-Helmsley segment with Paparazzi Productions segments.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Jerusalem posted:

Buy the TNA library, replace every McMahon-Helmsley segment with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjyJ46rL0Oc

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

flashy_mcflash posted:

WWE also did the infinite money code by doing shows in mad max hellscapes like Saudi and Sydney so they can just buy whatever they want at any price now.

idkayfabe

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WWE wants literally every library they can get their hands on the question is if their going rate is worth it for TNA.

Was gonna say this

If anyone believes Vince doesn't want to own everything then they haven't been paying attention

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flashy_mcflash posted:

WWE also did the infinite money code by doing shows in mad max hellscapes like Saudi and Sydney so they can just buy whatever they want at any price now.

The show is in Melbourne which is nothing like Sydney. It's cold, windy and wet here.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

As far as I'm concerned, all of Crime Island is a big desert with haphazardly-built cars tooling around

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

flashy_mcflash posted:

As far as I'm concerned, all of Crime Island is a big desert with haphazardly-built cars tooling around

I thought that too till I moved here and it rained all the drat time.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sounds like the perfect place for Tesla to send all of their Model 3s.

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!

Strawberry Panda posted:

The show is in Melbourne which is nothing like Sydney. It's cold, windy and wet here.

Hey! It isn’t raining here at the moment.

It probably will be when I hit “Post”, though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was just reminded by Reddit that Abyss was not only pitched a WWE contract and match against the Undertaker, but at WRESTLEMANIA no less, and he declined it to stay loyal to TNA, which he's still with today.

It just struck me as funny considering the topic in the social media thread about high level talent that TNA had and floundered. Even Jeremy Borash jumped ship making Abyss the only person to be there from Day 1 to current day.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I was just reminded by Reddit that Abyss was not only pitched a WWE contract and match against the Undertaker, but at WRESTLEMANIA no less, and he declined it to stay loyal to TNA, which he's still with today.

He suffered/suffers a lot from anxiety. That's what lead him to have cold feet.

"Don't fire Eric" era Eric Young was inspired by how much Abyss was paranoid about losing his job.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

RealFoxy posted:

It just struck me as funny considering the topic in the social media thread about high level talent that TNA had and floundered. Even Jeremy Borash jumped ship making Abyss the only person to be there from Day 1 to current day.

But it all worked out because now he’s being inducted into the Impact Hall of Fame!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It's so weird to be genuinely excited for a TNA PPV instead of just watching due to morbid fascination.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The perfect way for TNA to die would be to finally start getting good, get bought for the tapes, then get shut down

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The perfect way for TNA to die would be to finally start getting good, get bought for the tapes, then get shut down

Yeah I had the same thought

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

has anyone actually confirmed that Abyss/WWE offer thing? I hear that rumor all the time but for the life of me I cannot picture WWE being like "Yes, we need Dollar Store Mick Foley to take 4,000 bumps into tacks against Undertaker"

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I just realized that Abyss is the first TNA/Impact/GFW Hall of Fame inductee that didn't spend the majority of their career in either WWE, WCW, or ECW. In fact, as far as I know, he never worked for any of them.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I just realized that Abyss is the first TNA/Impact/GFW Hall of Fame inductee that didn't spend the majority of their career in either WWE, WCW, or ECW. In fact, as far as I know, he never worked for any of them.

yeeeeeeeeeep. The only other person you could maybe stretch that to is Gail, she was in TNA for quite a while.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Correct. He was in NWA Wildside before TNA/Impact.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's similar to the realization that literally none of the people seen in that #August1Warning video are still with the company only five years later.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's similar to the realization that literally none of the people seen in that #August1Warning video are still with the company only five years later.

I will never not laugh at that video.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

has anyone actually confirmed that Abyss/WWE offer thing? I hear that rumor all the time but for the life of me I cannot picture WWE being like "Yes, we need Dollar Store Mick Foley to take 4,000 bumps into tacks against Undertaker"

if it was Johnny Ace pitching to Abyss, yes that was definitely said. I think even Abyss is smart enough to know that was never going to happen and enjoys telling the story that way because it bigtimes TNA.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

An option is that WWE was dangling the Undertaker match as a carrot in front of Abyss to lure him away from TNA, (thus further deleting their already shallow talent pool), and would most likely have pushed him half arsedly for a month or two before miring him in the lower to mid card. Probably as a jobber. Possibly as Joseph. Park Esq. yet missing all that was cool and fun about that character.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Abyss was a really good big man worker back when he had knees. He'd have probably done okay in WWE.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Remember when they booked a story about Kurt Angle returning but then he signed with wwe

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

As an active competitor Kurt Angle was in TNA longer than he was in WWE.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Julio Cruz posted:

As an active competitor Kurt Angle was in TNA longer than he was in WWE.

Yes, but he was much more well known for his work in WWE, to the point that he would be referred to as "Former WWE employee" rather than "Current TNA employee" when he kept getting arrested.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rovert posted:

He suffered/suffers a lot from anxiety. That's what lead him to have cold feet.

"Don't fire Eric" era Eric Young was inspired by how much Abyss was paranoid about losing his job.

This bums me out :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't Gail end up doing more TNA than WWE? And like, in fairness unlike Angle you can probably argue that her best stuff happened in TNA and the WWE stuff was mostly forgettable.

DJExile posted:

I mean, Undertaker's record wasn't all that impressive at points. He took on A-Train one year. Didn't he have Nathan Jones one year? Weren't they setting up that Hade Vansen or Mordecai guys in OVW to go against him? No matter how much you look down on TNA and Abyss its not really that out of the ordinary before Taker's streak turned into the "retirement tour".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

honestly more surprised it's only been 5 years since #August1Warning

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Yes, but he was much more well known for his work in WWE, to the point that he would be referred to as "Former WWE employee" rather than "Current TNA employee" when he kept getting arrested.

No doubt, but if "majority of their career in TNA" is the criterion then he definitely qualifies, as does Gail.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, Undertaker's record wasn't all that impressive at points. He took on A-Train one year. Didn't he have Nathan Jones one year? Weren't they setting up that Hade Vansen or Mordecai guys in OVW to go against him? No matter how much you look down on TNA and Abyss its not really that out of the ordinary before Taker's streak turned into the "retirement tour".
Yeah, the Abyss thing was 2005-6 I think, and if you look at what Undertaker was doing at Wrestlemania/in general at that point, they were definitely looking to go more "Monster of the Week" than what the streak turned into.

2003: pencilled in as Nathan Jones, then turned into a tag match of Nathan Jones & Undertaker vs. A-Train and Big Show, then turned into a handicap match because they didn't even trust Nathan Jones in a tag match
2004: pencilled in as Mordecai, instead they did a Kane rematch
2005: Randy Orton, which they at least played up as part of The Streak/Legend Killer thing
2006: Mark Henry in a casket match

In between there they had him feuding with Great Khali, Heidenreich, Luther Reigns, Muhammad Hassan... honestly Abyss would have been an upgrade for most of his feuds in that period.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn’t they change the Wrestlemania match because Nathan Jones disappeared into the outback during a tour of Australia?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Didn’t they change the Wrestlemania match because Nathan Jones disappeared into the outback during a tour of Australia?

I think that was afterwards

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I don't know why they didn't fire Jones for being so terrible, but I guess they felt they had to milk him for all he was worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Julio Cruz posted:

I don't know why they didn't fire Jones for being so terrible, but I guess they felt they had to milk him for all he was worth.

In fairness, there were so many lunks on WWE TV at the time, they couldn’t keep abreast of them all