Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Rorahusky posted:

Pretty much. As terrible as the Incineration of Humanity is, the simple fact is that Emiya gets to A) Be an honest to god hero saving everyone instead of a coldblooded killer in service to the Counter Force, B) Be reunited with several people he's grown close to, such as Artoria, and C) Have actual comrades in arms instead of having to go in solo as is almost always the case when he is summoned. Just being around people (even very eccentric ones as Servants tend to be) in a non-toxic work environment working towards a genuine good cause under the command of a Master who is a decent human being has Shirou in a really good mood.

You see this with other servants in GO, to be fair. Angra Mainyuu begins to remember his time posing as Shirou, when he wasn't such an edge-lord. Outright evil folks are able to put aside their villany in service to the Master.

Of course, you could say it's because the world's ended, and they need to save it before they can rule it. But it's also clear that you and Chaldea have that effect on them, allowing them to chill out and remember what it was like to be human. It's actually a pretty hopeful tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

is the fate cooking show an actual good cooking show or is it just a fate show with cooking clips in it

it is literally just the characters hanging out, cooking, and eating food

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheFireMagi posted:

this CE is amazing, CEO Penny truly is the most powerful in the world

Oh my god

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Endorph posted:

the most important part of this event is

the fact that a canon piece of art has 'unlimited burger works' on it

I'm not even kidding, if they released an Unlimited Burger Works apron, I would buy it to wear for when I cook.

Currently, I have one from Dr. McNinja, the one that says "This poo poo is Going to be Delicious"

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Randomzx posted:

Shouldn't this be non-canon considering how much Shirou hated to do cheap greasy fast food?

Which is why Emiya and the rest of the Chaldea Kitchen Team go to great pains to make high quality restaurant-style burgers. They're in a completely different league than the trash most fast food places mindlessly churn out.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

five guys refers to all five versions of emiya

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Endorph posted:

it is literally just the characters hanging out, cooking, and eating food

Also volleyball.

Servant volleyball.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Anyone know if either of the quests in the finals are particularly good for farming Evil Bones? I still need somewhere north of 600 of them (please kill me).

I wouldn't worry too much about Bones in the forseeable future. The rerun of the Halloween event will have 20 in its shop, plus not long after that we get the next batch of Hunting quests, and in it there is a Skeleton Hunting quest which is designed to drop Bones for people.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Rorahusky posted:

I wouldn't worry too much about Bones in the forseeable future. The rerun of the Halloween event will have 20 in its shop, plus not long after that we get the next batch of Hunting quests, and in it there is a Skeleton Hunting quest which is designed to drop Bones for people.

That's good, because I REALLY underutilized last batch of Hunting quests. For some dumb reason I thought they would be a permanent thing similar to daily quest, so I ran most of them once and ignored them.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

J.A.B.C. posted:

You see this with other servants in GO, to be fair. Angra Mainyuu begins to remember his time posing as Shirou, when he wasn't such an edge-lord. Outright evil folks are able to put aside their villany in service to the Master.

Of course, you could say it's because the world's ended, and they need to save it before they can rule it. But it's also clear that you and Chaldea have that effect on them, allowing them to chill out and remember what it was like to be human. It's actually a pretty hopeful tone.

Chaldea is Good Civilization.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Man, way underprepared for Siegfried. Only had Np1 Emiya, UBW only did 8000 dmg with all the waver buffs, but when waver and tamamo died, it only did 4000 dmg. Had a shiki in the backline, but she got killed as soon as her NP got filled.

Also, just entered the bone zone. Went from 140 to 8 bringing Tamamo to 6/6/6. Debating whether I want to enter Seedville, pageburg and QP hell to bring everything to 10.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I was underprepared too but Heracles with his bond CE gutted it out and got me the win.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Emiya and Okita managed to pull me through the Sieg fight.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014
Just occurred to me, for an event called Nerofest, where are all the Roman Servants I need for Master Missions?

Guess it's time to go back to Gaul.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's a Finals mission with three, and one in the final exhibition. So yeah, need at least one Free run unless you wanna redo a random 40ap node.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.
"Mad Celts Fury Woads" is a top tier mission name.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

this CE is amazing, CEO Penny truly is the most powerful in the world

Wow, she needs that for her normal outfit. Super classy advantage. :black101:

AtheistMantis posted:

Just occurred to me, for an event called Nerofest, where are all the Roman Servants I need for Master Missions?

Guess it's time to go back to Gaul.

You're right, we get Nero at the end but not enough to fulfill the quest condition. Thanks for the reminder!

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I'm torn on whether to be happy that they're giving us good command codes or annoyed that they're only giving us one copy of each so servants have to be annoyingly asymmetric.

I guess if we get another copy in the rerun we can at least give both of Karna's Buster cards the anti-divine buff. Or perhaps more appropriately make all of Gil's Busters Enuma Elish.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Miles Vorkosigan posted:

"Mad Celts Fury Woads" is a top tier mission name.

It would have been top-tier if they'd gone with "Mad Macs" :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I can't 3-turn the Mahabros because I keep stubbornly using event CEs.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rorahusky posted:

That's good to hear but I will still worry because I am trying to skill up Nitocris.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I need like 20 bones to get Raikou to 3rd Ascension.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Vengarr posted:

It would have been top-tier if they'd gone with "Mad Macs" :colbert:

But then they would need to use Fionn, and not even the computer/developers/Nero wants to do that.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

LuiCypher posted:

But then they would need to use Fionn, and not even the computer/developers/Nero wants to do that.

I know you don't usually see him for more than a few seconds before he gets nuked but he is there.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

NRVNQSR posted:

I know you don't usually see him for more than a few seconds before he gets nuked but he is there.

Fionn is the reason why I know that the gacha can be savage. I did a 30 roll once and hadn't seen a 4-star servant or CE up until the very last one... which appeared to be a silver Lancer, but then it crackled with electricity and turned into a gold Lancer! My lizard brain got very excited, but then it turned out to be Fionn and I knew sadness.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I like Fionn but he needs his theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N95ZXyKTDNQ

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hurray! Got my farming down to three turns. Only +5 but I was only getting +6 at 6 turns so I think it's a net positive considering how many apples I have.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Jacket squad rules.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007
I probably should have added more Riders to finish it faster

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Well, now that I'm on box 29 I have enough medals to skill up one of two characters, but I'm not sure which will be better in the long run: Lancelot for single target Saber (already have Rama and now Umu White), or Surfdred for another good farming Rider and the Mo-system (also have a miracle Drake for this purpose). Either would be a good investment, but not sure which might be better.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So I took a time out of Nerofest to shove a bunch of embers down Spartacus' throat and do both his rank ups and then shove some skill mats down his throat.

Holy crap guys, Spartacus is so good for early wave clear.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Man where did that tier list that had Spartacus listed in the S+ Rank tier go?

I can't seem to find it at all.

Of course I imagine the tiers have changed a bit since then.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

46 and a half boxes in, and for the first time in I don't know how long -maybe ever?- I'm out of apples. Gold and silver ones, at least, probably have about a hundred of the bronze ones waiting to get chewed through eventually, but the heaviest grinding's over without the better ones. Hope there's a decent way to grind mountains of stockings even close to this fast when Christmas 2 rolls around.

Medb fight rapidly went from tearing her soldiers apart to panicking and popping a command seal to erase the quick resist druid now when the NP gauge boosts started piling up on her to annihilating her with Jack and mopping up.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Medb and her posse killed me the first time around because I forgot to bring a Rider, but Shuten and Shiki with backup from Ozzy easily cleared it on the second attempt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Welp my NA luck being poo poo is made up by a 20 quartz Gilgamesh in jp

New york>rome

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Man where did that tier list that had Spartacus listed in the S+ Rank tier go?

I can't seem to find it at all.

Of course I imagine the tiers have changed a bit since then.
https://appmedia.jp/fategrandorder/1351236

Saber Diarmuid hasn't been placed yet (though if I'm understanding it right they expect it to be A+) and I don't see anything regarding Shuten's NP upgrade yet which might make a difference.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Currently on box 36, 23 gold apples left

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Tamacat is bad and Fran is in the same tier as Herakles.

Huh.

EDIT: Taking a look at my servants

>Waver SS
>Tamamo S
>Jack S
These are about where I expected them to be.

>Emiya A+
>Nursery Rhyme A+
>Elizabeth A+
>Astolfo A+
I'm suprised to see Rhyme this high, considering that her 'Crit Caster' status was, as far as I was told, mostly a gimmick.
I'm VERY surprised to see Astolfo so high.

>Orion A
>St. Martha A
I kind of expected these two to be lower. Orion is great at deleting strong, male sabers, but outside that niche she's just 'okay'.
Martha, I suppose, may be in this spot because she has a weird command deck (Triple arts on a Rider) for getting arts chains for her allies, or because she has a whole-party debuff cleanse, which is a rare find.

D'Eon B
Li Shuwen B
Anne+Mary B
Marie B
Beowulf B
Tamamo Cat B
I find it odd that despite both of them being low-damage Riders, Martha is in A rank and Marie's indestructability has only kept her one ring above the lowest tier. Beowulf and Tamamo are very vanilla berserkers, but still solid, and Anne+Mary are good one-turn anti-caster Nukes. D'eon has a very rare skill in the three-turn taunt....

Crasical fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Sep 19, 2018

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I think Martha is rated so highly because she makes a good non-Caster support, probably. The debuff cleanse alone is probably more valuable down the road than it seems right now in NA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Crasical posted:

D'Eon B
Li Shuwen B
Anne+Mary B
Marie B
Beowulf B
Tamamo Cat B
I find it odd that despite both of them being low-damage Riders, Martha is in A rank and Marie's indestructability has only kept her one ring above the lowest tier. Beowulf and Tamamo are very vanilla berserkers, but still solid, and Anne+Mary are good one-turn anti-caster Nukes. D'eon has a very rare skill in the three-turn taunt....
I can't pretend to know the thinking behind appmedia and there is plenty I disagree with on their general list (but it can't be stated enough, life is too short to get into the weeds on debating tier rankings), but if I were to look at the two I think Martha is rated higher because her debuff cleanse is on a skill rather than NP, which means it's more reliable to throw out when needed. Also Marie's skills are very selfish whereas Martha can not only do her team debuff cleanse but also debuff/buff cleanse an enemy.

Martha also has a way higher NP gain even without taking triple Arts deck into account.

E: Post-Rider Kintoki I have never used Anne&Mary and I'm honestly considering Second Archiving them, one-turn burst damage for them (which requires a lot of setup with a decent amount of risk) is not something I have lacked for once I got Kintoki and even if he can't achieve the absolute highs they can he can do so more consistently and frequently.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Sep 19, 2018