Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Infinitum posted:

Capcom: Closing studios and stealing kids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAh0tE2Qzow

THat was cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Fell like 1500 posts behind again! Doing real bag keeping up this month

Anyways, Sony is finally attempting to cash in on a two year old fad item
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1042292260086276096

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

love to spend $100 for something that the PS4 should be able to do already, and also not get an ac adapter with it

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I want to endorse that out of hope Wild Arms comes back but it doesn’t even have dualshocks so that means no Ape Escape and the PS4 should totally have ps1 classics

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
The PS4 really should and the Switch should also have NES and SNES classics. I guess the Switch got the classics but only with online subscription?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

axelblaze posted:

If you can dump iso's on it like you can roms for the NES/SNES Mini, it'd probably be worth it.

Like this is somewhat appealing to me, as someone who never owned a PS1

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Sell all of your old games on PC you goddamn cowards

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I’m not sure it still exists but for a long time there was a product that played PSX games on PC/Mac using the regular disks in your drive.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you're gonna play ps1 games on a PC, just download an ISO and use an emulator. Even if you want to buy the game, buy it then download an ISO.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Sell all of your old games on PC you goddamn cowards

bloodychill posted:

I’m not sure it still exists but for a long time there was a product that played PSX games on PC/Mac using the regular disks in your drive.

Yeah it's called piracy and you can just :filez: a complete PS1 collection these days

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what are the chances that thing has vita hardware in it, or vita tv hardware

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

what are the chances that thing has vita hardware in it, or vita tv hardware

Now that you mention it it’s probably gutted pstv’s since the hardware and software is already available and works

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Infinitum posted:

If you can dump iso's on it like you can roms for the NES/SNES Mini, it'd probably be worth it.

Like this is somewhat appealing to me, as someone who never owned a PS1

it wouldn't be worth it because the lack of analog sticks locks you out of being able to comfortably play a bunch of late ps1 games that actually used them well

bloodychill posted:

bleem and virtual game station were just the primordial ps1 emulators, they actually form the legal basis for why emulation continues to exist because of how sony's court cases over them went lol

sony wasn't legally able to stop them from being made due to the code used to make them being developed by the companies in-house and only ended up "winning" because their court cases put on too much financial pressure

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 19, 2018

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Never change nintendo :laugh:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The Colonel posted:

sony wasn't legally able to stop them from being made due to the code used to make them being developed by the companies in-house and only ended up "winning" because their court cases put on too much financial pressure

Just like most of Sony endeavours.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

bloodychill posted:

yeah its called an "emulator"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm now playing the 2007 TMNT game. I don't really have much to say about it cause it's a bland platform brawler but I wanted to keep you all updated anyway. Well, thanks for listening.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The controllers aren't even DualShocks lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

I'm now playing the 2007 TMNT game. I don't really have much to say about it cause it's a bland platform brawler but I wanted to keep you all updated anyway. Well, thanks for listening.

I'm ordering all the parts for my TMNT themed arcade cabinet next week, so have fun with that :smuggo:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
konami should release their own beat em up collection so people can compare them to capcom's and realize that konami's old arcade beat em ups kind of suck to play even though they're really pretty

except violent storm that one's pretty good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Konami's Big 3 are, and always will be, the kings of the Beat Em Up arcade
- TMNT
- Simpsons
- X-men

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
SNES Turtles in Time was like their best beatemup.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Because it was a console game and had to at least try and be fair and balanced

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Accordion Man posted:

SNES Turtles in Time was like their best beatemup.

Absolutely, one of the most underrated gems of the generation

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

Because it was a console game and had to at least try and be fair and balanced
It also had a bunch more content too.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't bought any of the mini console things but I'd maybe go for a game boy one

it should be even smaller than the game boy micro

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I saw a mini arcade cabinet for sale at wal-mart. Like, it was some kind of arcade cabinet toy meant for girl dolls or whatever, but it had some working controls and it had one of those 100-in-1 game things filled with knockoffs and copyright infringing characters

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Absolutely, one of the most underrated gems of the generation

It is possibly the most beloved beat em up of all time so I don't know how that could be considered under rated

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Bury my shell at Wounded Knee.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wounded Knee was a thing, Konami

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, it was the Skyrim joke in Bioshock Infinite, right?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
When I saw that PSX Mini I’m like oh so you guys trying to do the PSOne again?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

al-azad posted:

I want to endorse that out of hope Wild Arms comes back but it doesn’t even have dualshocks so that means no Ape Escape and the PS4 should totally have ps1 classics

it and arc the lad already came back, as mobile games

the wild arms one is an action game for some reason

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
not liking how sony's trying to cash in on this asinine mini-console fad, no sir

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Sony have never been above blatantly copying something popular to make a quick buck, especially when it's months if not years too late.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

axelblaze posted:

this 100% a pstv that you just can't buy more games on

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Hey at least it has jumping flash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

The Colonel posted:

it wouldn't be worth it because the lack of analog sticks locks you out of being able to comfortably play a bunch of late ps1 games that actually used them well

bleem and virtual game station were just the primordial ps1 emulators, they actually form the legal basis for why emulation continues to exist because of how sony's court cases over them went lol

VGS is exactly what I was thinking of. It was neat back in the days when the most sophisticated emulation around was MAME.

• Locked thread