Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Untrustable posted:

So Beldum day is a thing? That's fuckin awesome.

The one non-legendary poke I need, coming to community day a week after our first child is born? Perfect timing! I trust my wife will understand when I prioritise accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

My fiancee is on the add friends part of the Celebi quest. Feel free to add him! 5011 1358 2927

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the bird days also helped. get on a raid train for the full three hours, keep popping stardust (and lucky eggs) for the entire event, do 15-20 raids, you'll at least walk away with enough stardust to power a few good pokemon to level 30.

i expect they'll do similar days for the legendary beasts and the regis (UGH) so just wait for those to roll around and follow that strategy.

Yeah that doesnt work in small town Canada though. Theres a dedicated group of ~10 people playing here and if you miss them hitting up the raids you are SOL, especially considering there are so few gyms and they are so far apart.

Dont care though, I might never be able to solo a raid or fill the dex but my Beedrill, Breloom and Cloyster will always look fabulous floating above a gym.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yup, makes sense now, thanks!

I’ve gotten nothing but alolan garbage from probably 12 yellow eggs. This event sucks butt.

I've cycled 21 eggs now thanks to jogging with my gotcha. Over half Alolan Meowth.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

I've cycled 21 eggs now thanks to jogging with my gotcha. Over half Alolan Meowth.

I at about 20 now. I’m at like 15 sandshrew and 5 geofucks. Event is garbage. Disappointed I spent all my coins on incus.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sanford posted:

The one non-legendary poke I need, coming to community day a week after our first child is born? Perfect timing! I trust my wife will understand when I prioritise accordingly.

there is no date yet, it's only known to be the october community day pokemon due to datamining.

either way, shiny metagross is badass as gently caress, hope i can get a good one.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Third time I've walked a 'mon to it's final evolution when it was announced it'd have a community day.

First was when Magikarp shiny was released, next was the Dratini.

Eh, as long as I get that white and gold shiny.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
I'm still at 0 on any regionals from eggs and I'm out of incubators, so running just the infinite one. My friend got 3 Mr. Mimes in a row. (in europe).

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
Luckily got a Mr Mime, now called Moskva (thanks pod6isjerks!) in my last batch of regionals, making 3 from 16 (the other two were Farfetch'd). All I need now is Mewtwo and another 5 Dratini

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Sep 19, 2018

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

there is no date yet, it's only known to be the october community day pokemon due to datamining.

either way, shiny metagross is badass as gently caress, hope i can get a good one.

Ah okay, thought I saw 21st somewhere. Hospital maternity ward sits on a pokestop and a gym though, so maybe everything will come together nicely. I'm sure I'll be grateful for a distraction.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I’m like at like 75% for getting regionals for eggs atm

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/fallcommunitydays/

They posted dates for the next three community days but only announced Chikorita for the September one. No official announcements for what Pokemon are featured for October and November but now most people are assuming October is for Beldum.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I'm gonna hazard a guess that cyndaquil is Nov.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mustached Demon posted:

I'm gonna hazard a guess that cyndaquil is Nov.

yeah likely, then prolly bagon or ralts december, totodile january

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
finally got my tauros. then a second one. now I just need mr mime

at least the kanga i got was 98IV, some consolation for being an australian getting one

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I am extremely pumped for Arm Day

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I at about 20 now. I’m at like 15 sandshrew and 5 geofucks. Event is garbage. Disappointed I spent all my coins on incus.

I wonder if somethings going on with what you already have. My alt had a bunch of incubators so I've really only walked eggs on that one, and every one so far has been a regional (3/3, Tauros, kanga, farfetchd). It has to just be freak sample size but it's weird.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Just hatched 5 eggs at lunch.

3 alolan meowths, an alolan vulpix, and a farfetch'd, so one in 5 and one of the regionals I needed as I have nothing but my local Mr. mime

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How do community days work, are spawns just beefed up everywhere for the whole day or do I need to be in like specific places?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

How do community days work, are spawns just beefed up everywhere for the whole day or do I need to be in like specific places?

Kind of a combo of both. They're beefed up everywhere for the 3 hours the event happens*, but you also need to be in a place where Pokémon spawn frequently. So, these events suck for rural players, and even for me, because not much spawns at my house or job normally.

*Despite being called Community DAY, they lie. It's a 3 hour event.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So did I get pretty lucky with the regional hatches? Got mime and Kang in my first 12 eggs. I saw some noise on my Google feed about the hatch rates being super low.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Math You posted:

So did I get pretty lucky with the regional hatches? Got mime and Kang in my first 12 eggs. I saw some noise on my Google feed about the hatch rates being super low.

It's pretty ridiculous. I've hatched about 25 eggs and more than half were Alolan trash. Also got 4 Tauros, 1 Farfetch'd, and 3 Kangas. The level of Alolan poo poo is pissing me off though.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Math You posted:

4% for kangaskhan and tauros, 2.25% for mr. mime and farfetch'd.

i've hatched 2 tauros, 2 mr. mimes, a kangaskhan and 3 farfetch'd. i'm still hatching eggs so i can trade to local people who don't or can't buy incubators and end up missing out on any of these.

pubic works project posted:

It's pretty ridiculous. I've hatched about 25 eggs and more than half were Alolan trash. Also got 4 Tauros, 1 Farfetch'd, and 3 Kangas. The level of Alolan poo poo is pissing me off though.

at least you get alolan geodudes, which are relevant both for their own evolved form and to get geodude candy to power up regular golems. then again i already have a team of six golems, so the two dozen alolan geodudes i've hatched are just gonna be traded off for easy distance.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

pubic works project posted:

That’s a very good rate considering the odds.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

4% for kangaskhan and tauros, 2.25% for mr. mime and farfetch'd.

i've hatched 2 tauros, 2 mr. mimes, a kangaskhan and 3 farfetch'd. i'm still hatching eggs so i can trade to local people who don't or can't buy incubators and end up missing out on any of these.

at least you get alolan geodudes, which are relevant both for their own evolved form and to get geodude candy to power up regular golems. then again i already have a team of six golems, so the two dozen alolan geodudes i've hatched are just gonna be traded off for easy distance.

Unless you live in the geodude breeding grounds like me. Then you're like... add it to the pile of geodude candy.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Butterfly Valley posted:

That’s a very good rate considering the odds.

It's the Tauros that's really killing me since they're so common where I live.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Good luck getting one, but be glad you don’t have to see Mr Mime’s stupid loving face all the time!

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
I'm sure glad I walked those extra kms today to get Grimer, geodude, Sandshrew and Diglett from eggs :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Second egg batch:

2 Farfetch'd
1 Tauros (:suicide:)
1 Porygon
1 Meowth
2 Diglett
1 Geodude

I already had Farfetch'd but I'm happy to have more for trades.

Got 9 more to hatch today! Still need that Mime!

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?

Liquid Communism posted:

I think I am near 40 and have gotten 2 Farfetch'd, a Mr. Mime, a Porygon and thankfully only one Tauros. I hope i don't need to buy another round of incubators to get one Kangaskhan. (US/Michigan/Detroit Area)

Love the Go-Tcha watch. What app are people using to overlays/checking 'Mons?

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

I got my Mr. Mime which definitely dulls the pain of hatching 4 Tauros.

I also got 2x Kangas and 1x Farfetch’d which I already had, but trading fodder is always good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I keep hatching Alolan Meowths and I hate that stupid face now.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but has anyone observed any difference with the operation of the gotcha in the last couple days? I feel like the app has stopped tracking my movement when the screen is off. I'll walk for ten minutes and get no gotcha activity, and then turn on my phone screen and suddenly get two or three catch attempts.

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or if something changed with my phone, or if something changed with the app.

Black Feather
Apr 14, 2012

Call someone who cares.

Bobulus posted:

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but has anyone observed any difference with the operation of the gotcha in the last couple days? I feel like the app has stopped tracking my movement when the screen is off. I'll walk for ten minutes and get no gotcha activity, and then turn on my phone screen and suddenly get two or three catch attempts.

I'm not sure if it's just my imagination or if something changed with my phone, or if something changed with the app.

It's been working fine for me, but I also haven't updated the Go app to the latest version that hit the store yet.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

IcePhoenix posted:

Just to add on to what the other guy said, the featured Pokemon will end up having a high chance of spawning in place of what ordinarily spawns, but again, it makes no matter if you're playing around somewhere that typically has low spawns anyway. My town, for instance, typically mobs the downtown park and main street because of how dense the spawn rate is there and there's tons of stops for you to spin so you never run out of balls. But if you feel like playing from home or wherever you are at the time, you can still run into things and maybe get lucky.

It's always from 11am-2pm PST. The featured Pokemon also has an increased chance of being shiny during the event. If you want the exclusive move for this Pokemon, you typically have to evolve it to its final form only within these three hours.

Willsun fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Sep 19, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My friend needs one more friend for Celebi. If anyone doesn't mind helping out, 4679 5550 1084

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I keep hatching Alolan Meowths and I hate that stupid face now.

Alolan Meowth is :smug: personified. Makes it all the worse when that fucker keeps popping out of those eggs. :argh:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Hatched a Kanga, gen 1 dex complete :hellyeah:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Just hatched two Farfetch'd in a row, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
has this game changed since I stopped playing in like October of the year it came out? Other than just like adding new Pokémon

Is there trading yet? can I fight other trainers that are near me ?

• Locked thread