Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

The Weeds are Swingers. :ssh:

Of course they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
loving GOLD

I can't remember how many times I've 5'd this thread but goddamn if this isn't the best drat thread on this gay dead forum.

hofnar
Dec 27, 2008

by sebmojo

5'd.

I assume you meant bulldozer, but I'm asking anyway because who knows, you fuckers might have actually used a piledriver.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yo ASFB any good Spomeniks around your area?

https://twitter.com/Send_Lwyds/status/1017701777238568960

https://twitter.com/Send_Lwyds/status/1017706654618603520

https://twitter.com/Send_Lwyds/status/1017708799866626048

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:
There aren't any truly monumental Spomeniks in the immediate vicinity of Zagreb, due to physical space constraints. That being said, I think the closest one is in Brezovica, which I indeed visited with school back in '89, but I was too young to care or even memorize what we did there. At a glance, without googling up my memory, I'd say Brezovica was some sort of Nazi murdering ground. Oh yeah, I remember the lawn, it was beautifully tended.

Most Spomeniks lie abandoned and forgotten now. Being built in brutalist style, as ingeniously moulded hunks of concrete, they got a new lease of life, graduating into the ultimate form of brutalism; a symbiose with wild nature. They still look good, but in completely different ways - provided that brutalism is something you'd consider 'good looking' in the first place. :haw:

I'm on the phone, somebody post the grandiose monument to Goatse... you know the one. :haw:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Oh, now that we're on Goatse, I figured out the other day that mr weed had never seen mr. Johnson in action, and that was a huge wrong I had to right. :haw:

Funny thing, he was Shocked and Appalled by the Goatman, especially as he's the sort of person who worships Satan, draws pentagrams on everything and all of that relatively lame stuff. But now mr weed too understands that the Internets is a series of tubes, as evidenced by hello.jpg :haw:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

People are donut shaped and if you kiss someone you create an interconnected tube from rear end in a top hat to rear end in a top hat.

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

spankmeister posted:

People are donut shaped and if you kiss someone you create an interconnected tube from rear end in a top hat to rear end in a top hat.

this is canon

mcbagpipes
Apr 17, 2010
How go your latest adventures?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

There's a big update: I quit my job!

Ivan the boss started forcing completely unrealistic work demands onto the crew, and when we were unable to finish the job as he planned, he'd reward us with a barrage of personal insults. I've had it enough - Ivan went on my nerves, I went on his nerves, so I said - this is it. Another guy, who was suffering similar mistreatment, quit together with me, and four other guys are going to quit in the following month or two. You can imagine that the loss of six employees, in a company that has eight employees in total, is a massive loss, but Ivan brought it upon himself with his outlandish behavior. We will shut down his company because there won't be anyone desperate enough who'd work for him for minimum wage he was offering. The administrator told me that Ivan is running a job vacancy ad in the papers and everywhere, the ad has been up over half a year, and I was the only one who called and showed up. You can see where this leads - no employees, no company.
The strange thing is that Ivan wasn't always an rear end in a top hat like this, it's like something broke in him in the past month and he started biting everybody around himself, and people became tired of it, me especially, because I was an employee who was always "guilty of everything that goes wrong" and I was tired of explaining him that the problem (whatever it might've been) had nothing to do with me.

Furthermore, Ivan rented out a big warehouse some 800 yards away from our HQ, and we needed a forklift truck both at the HQ and in the new warehouse. That meant that I, as a chief forklift truck driver, had a job to go out on the pedestrian sidewalk, blare around the pedestrians and cyclists, honking like a madman, and knocking over every tree branch I'd whack into with my truck (and there were a LOT of tree branches I kicked down, by the way) in order to get to the other warehouse. Basically did this every day, at least once. I was begging my lucky stars that the pigs don't see me doing this because they could fine me in such a way that the fine would've left my wallet a smoldering crater for months or years to come. I don't even need to point out that you're not supposed to drive a forklift truck on the pedestrian sidewalk.

And then there was an incident with the massive baling machine Ivan bought as scrap metal, put it in the warehouse and waited for the steel prices to go up, then to sell it and collect the difference. That enormous piece of poo poo stood there for three months or something, and the fucker weighed eleven metric tons. Ivan then found a buyer for the baller, but he was too cheap to rent a decent flatbed truck with a powerful enough crane that could lift the massive machine, so he called in TWO forklift trucks that were to "help out" to hoist up the enormous machine onto the flatbed truck. We hosed up one forklift doing that (bent the forks unevenly) and the hydraulics on the wimpy crane started pissing hydraulic oil everywhere so that ended up being hosed up as well. But if either machine crapped out, the massive baling machine would've collapsed to the ground and there would've been casualties - our two forklifts were standing directly beneath the baling machine as we hoisted it up.

This got me thinking, goddammit, I'm going to work and every day I'm doing either something that could get me arrested or killed, for minimum wage, and the boss likes to take out all the frustrations on me - you know what, gently caress you, I'm quitting. It just ain't worth it.

------------
Remember Vesna the druggie chick whom I met last winter while dumpster diving? She and I became friends, I repaired her computer yesterday. It was gross, a decade of tobacco soot was inside, one of the worst computers I've ever seen (and trust me I've seen EVERYTHING.) Vesna has schizophrenia and she likes to ramble incoherently, jumping from subject to subject, and I don't know where to unplug her yammering maw because when you're "talking to her", she does 98% of the talking, and trying to follow her train of thoughts is next to impossible. She's not a bad person, but god DAMMIT is she annoying. She knows that I don't care about sex, so she said that she will "adopt me like her brother." Oh, am I a lucky one. Maybe that's just because I don't have the heart to tell her to shut the gently caress up about horoscopes and new-age poo poo and crystals and music and I DON'T EVEN KNOW ANYMORE. I've been like two and a half hours over at her place, cleaning up her gross PC and replacing the power supply, and she was talking ALL THE TIME even when it was clear that I couldn't hear her - I was on the balcony dusting off the PC and she was in other room talking about.... something. I don't know. It wasn't important in any case.

I've bought a preposterous amount of Diazepam from the Flea Market Baba. I intend to clean up the following week when my cache of trams runs out, and Diazepam will ease my withdrawal plights, I basically intend to hibernate for 10-ish days and oversleep my WD. Did this before with good results. But man, I really need to put the ball down, I've been constantly high at least since April this year, quite possibly even before that, this has gone too far and my liver needs a break. Diazepam is the only benzo I'd reccommend for opiate WD - it has muscle relaxant properties and will stop your akathisia (that's what many people erroneously call 'restless leg syndrome'). Other benzos will actually make the things worse for you, plain ol' Valium is the king. You just gotta take a lot of it, but in either case, you're golden if you have Valium at your disposal.

You know the LD50 dosage? This is a rather arbitrary number which is a very conservative estimate. As far as the tram/APAP pills I'm taking, a LD50 dosage would've been six pills. And yet, I'm munching down FIFTEEN of them FOUR TIMES A DAY. Ozzy Osbourne can suck my glorious dick.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
What does your poo poo look like when you're eating a meal of 60 pills a day?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Diazepam is the only benzo I'd reccommend for opiate WD - it has muscle relaxant properties and will stop your akathisia (that's what many people erroneously call 'restless leg syndrome'). Other benzos will actually make the things worse for you, plain ol' Valium is the king.

I was born with a hosed up spine and live my life taking 110mg of morphine and 5-10mg diazepam a day.

It took doctors forever to give me diazepam but i was asking for it due to thinking i had RLS, at least 3 or 4 times a day i suffer for 30 mins needing to move my right leg, it didn't matter how much or whatever, i just HAD to keep it moving til the feeling wore off.

Since i've been prescribed diazepam it's basically stopped happening unless i don't take the stuff for a few days and it comes back.

All this time i believed it was RLS and this is the first time i've even seen the work akathisia, i'm definitely mentioning that to my doc next time i see them because i'm positive that's what i have instead.

So what are you gonna do once you get 'clean'? Look for more work? continue slum lording? pimp out crazy lady Vesna? Some other eastern bloc craziness?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Millow posted:

What does your poo poo look like when you're eating a meal of 60 pills a day?

Like Michelangelo's David.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

Ozzy Osbourne can suck my glorious dick.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i'm moving to croatia. what's the ecology scene like there

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

All this time i believed it was RLS and this is the first time i've even seen the work akathisia, i'm definitely mentioning that to my doc next time i see them because i'm positive that's what i have instead.

You'd be surprised how many doctors don't understand what akathisia is. For example, I'm taking antipsychotics which have two side effects: tremors of the extremities such as legs, called tardive dyskinesia, and the other one, the god-damned akathisia. Akathisia is as if some alien force in your brain is commanding you to make complex body movements of your extremities, not just legs (pedaling in the air) but even flapping your arms around, and if you don't comply to this force, you feel as if you're gonna explode from sheer terror. It's chemical torture. On a bad night, it can take me up to three hours just to fall asleep, and my crutch is getting up and smoking a cig. For some strange reason, smoking calms down the akathisia a bit.
Now, if you're withdrawing from opiates, you'll get NUCLEAR akathisia. I remember last time I was kicking subs, I didn't sleep for ten days because I couldn't stand laying in bed, I had to move constantly despite being impossibly tired and sleep-deprived. It was not fun. But now that I'm armed with Diazepam, I think this detox will go... well it won't go smooth, that's for sure, but it'll be easier on me than the last one.
As far as Dyskinesia is concerned, my shrink thought I was complaining about tremors so she wrote me a Biperiden script (oh yeah) which is an ancient drug used to treat Parkinsons, also to get high as a kite and then cook some hapless chairs. :ughh:

dpack_1 posted:

So what are you gonna do once you get 'clean'? Look for more work? continue slum lording? pimp out crazy lady Vesna? Some other eastern bloc craziness?

I'll spend a quiet winter at home. I have nice, reliable tenants and some savings in the bank too, so I don't really see any problems on the horizon. I'll look for a new job the following spring when the weather gets pleasant again. I'll probably get bored with my life and get back on the horse, who knows. :)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

This got me thinking, goddammit, I'm going to work and every day I'm doing either something that could get me arrested or killed, for minimum wage, and the boss likes to take out all the frustrations on me - you know what, gently caress you, I'm quitting. It just ain't worth it.

Yeah just echoing this. I think we'd all be pretty sad if you stopped posting because you were crushed under a forklift or locked up for arson. Congrats on getting out!

Sorry the job didn't work out, though -- having a thing to do during the day can help a lot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
How much would it be to buy and own (and build a house on if there isn't already one) one of the thousands of beautiful islands on the Dalmatian coast in your opinion ASF?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

How much would it be to buy and own (and build a house on if there isn't already one) one of the thousands of beautiful islands on the Dalmatian coast in your opinion ASF?

From 150.000€ for an unlivable ruin from the 18th century, all the way to 400.000€ for something nicer. On the other hand, in rural Slavonia, you can get a newly built house and as well as a sizable plot of land around it for as little as 10.000€ because of extreme depopulation (exodus of Croats to Western countries), nobody wants to live there anymore so real estate is being sold for peanuts.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

From 150.000€ for an unlivable ruin from the 18th century, all the way to 400.000€ for something nicer. On the other hand, in rural Slavonia, you can get a newly built house and as well as a sizable plot of land around it for as little as 10.000€ because of extreme depopulation (exodus of Croats to Western countries), nobody wants to live there anymore so real estate is being sold for peanuts.

New Goon Project: repopulate Croatia.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let’s split

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rural Slavonia you say..hmm..

Data Graham posted:

Let’s split

I've been there and I liked it a lot.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
On my budget rural Slavonia seems like the place to go. Heck, maybe I'll get lucky and uncover an un-exploded WWII bomb in my backyard or something.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

On my budget rural Slavonia seems like the place to go. Heck, maybe I'll get lucky and uncover an un-exploded WWII bomb in my backyard or something.

There are two things you can do in Slavonia:
1) Farming
2) Getting drunk on moonshine.
3) That's it!

Now, every joe schmoe is planting wheat and corn even though there is no market demand for it, and then acts surprised/offended when he can't sell his produce, or if he does sell it, the money ge gets for his corn barely breaks him even. No wonder people are fleeing en masse from these rural parts.

Oh, if you intend to buy real estate in Croatia, you must be a permanent resident and you have to have Croatian citizenship which is rather difficult to get, but possible.

BTW, I bought me a new radio! It's a serbian EI-NIŠ wooden boat anchor, and I love it. Will post the pictures later. :)

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

There are entire ghost villages in Slavonia, with zero inhabitants. I've heard that some mayors will give you a 2000€ prize just if you come to live there - the only catch is that you have to sign a waiver that you'll live there for at least 10 years or more. But if you want to try your luck in farming, Slavonia is the place for you.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Sorry for spamming, I just wanted to say that some 400,000 poorfag Croats have expatriated to Germany or Ireland in the past year alone. In a tiny nation that had around four and a half million citizens in total, you can imagine that this is a massive loss. Schools in Slavonia are being closed down because there are no pupils whatsoever, which is the saddest thing ever.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Oh, if you intend to buy real estate in Croatia, you must be a permanent resident and you have to have Croatian citizenship which is rather difficult to get, but possible.

EU citizens can buy real estate just like Croatians. As for non-EU citizens, it depends on the country.

Also, 400.000 in a year is an order of magnitude too many. Emmigration from Croatia is catastrophic but it's closer to 50.000 in a year.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I visited Croatia and I thought it was beautiful and a place I thought people would want to live. But that was through the lens of a dumbass tourist so... :shrug:

So what would be a valuable crop that would grow in that climate?

Dick Bastardly fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 19, 2018

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Croatia has both Mediterranean and continental climate so you can grow basically anything, depending on which specific location you'd pick. I once even saw a news segment about a successful business growing tropical fruit in a glass house.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So is it haunted or what? What’s the catch?

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Its a poor as gently caress Eastern Euro dumpster fire of a country despite being quite beautiful along the coasts. Average monthly wage throughout the country is something like US$650 and somewhere like Slavonia is much less.

That said I quite enjoyed the place the times I visited.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Data Graham posted:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
back when i was working for lady gaga's startup, about half the programmers were croats

two of them moved back to croatia while still earning a palo alto salary (>$160k usd with options that turned out to be worthless but oh well)

they showed us their mansions on the videoconf

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
uh, yearly salary, but you get what i mean

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Data Graham posted:

If you own property you can rent out in Zagreb or on the coast, you’re probably well off. If not, sorry dude, hope you like collecting bottles from dumpsters and trading them in for 10 cents a piece. (Thin layer of white collar professionals with superb connections and education excluded)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The lack of things to do seems like a business opportunity to me.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Dick Bastardly posted:

Needs a customer base though, and apparently the country is populated entirely by ghosts

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dick Bastardly posted:

People need to pay for things to do with money. It sounds like very few people have any money.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

AlbieQuirky posted:

People need to pay for things to do with money. It sounds like very few people have any money.

ah yes... excellent point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
How is their pizza?