Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

PostNouveau posted:

Whoa whoa whoa

You don't know that the roaming gangs of feral cannibals won't get him now that it's the apocalypse there.

The Oathkeepers already showed up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
So did zegermans win his toxx

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
What was it

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

coke posted:

lol yeah sure the hog poop lagoon 'hasn't overflowed yet' and are 'on the brim' only because the owner is constantly pumping the poo poo out and letting it flowing into the creeks, which is the essentially same as overflowing

good try hog farmers you are still full of poo poo

If the option is "limited release" or "entire lagoon of pig poo poo into the river" this first is actually better

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its really windy here in england rn

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
His Toxx was death toll less than 100

https://twitter.com/lomeza/status/1042388868992049152?s=20

People are still dying though, and we have to wait a few months to tally the domestic abuse deaths

Probably gonna a few more before this thing is over

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

twoday posted:

People are still dying though, and we have to wait a few months to tally the domestic abuse deaths

yes maybe but the news cycle is moving on.....

twoday
May 4, 2005

Friendship ended with flood victims. Now deformed presidential penis and rapist judge are my best friends

twoday
May 4, 2005

It was announced that toad is going to visit North Carolina soon, that should be interesting

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

reignofevil posted:

Tons of tree branches down and the fence outside is in pieces. Most probably not on the hook for any damage but my complex is run by an rear end in a top hat so I've been trying to move out for two months; eff if I know what he'll come out with.

if you are leaving anyway then just dont pay if the rear end in a top hat tries to burden you with hurricane damage bills? :shrug:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

Probably gonna a few more before this thing is over

can someone clue me into what about a hurricane makes domestic abuse more likely or was that just something trump's brain spiders came up with

twoday
May 4, 2005

The chief of FEMA said the 3000 death toll in Puerto Rico was a lie, and that many of the deaths were due to unrelated things, such as domestic violence

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

can we add the 3000 person death toll to the deaths attributed to communism in the black book of it

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
"they probably just killed each other," explains the head of FEMA, "can't blame anyone for that"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
"Many probably died from spontaneously combusting from the heat of their fiery latino passions"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/Zhirji28/status/1042217023873470464

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The fire ants know about trumps dick

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If you see a floating mass of fire ants like that, would pouring detergent on them make them sink?

Al! posted:

"Many probably died from spontaneously combusting from the heat of their fiery latino passions"

Does the US still consider spontaneous combustion to be a thing? Because that's always been funny to me.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

the moral thing would be to douse the fire ant blob in gasoline and light it on fire. give that queen a viking funeral on a pire made of her children

then in the post flood world you have a new creation story

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

twoday posted:

People are still dying though

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/1042382574440669185

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Addamere posted:

has earth had a "permanent" hurricane in any previous epoch?

I think this is impossible even if the tropics had no land because of the Beta Effect.

essentially, as a tropical storm grows in size and wind speed, it is "forced" to curve northward due to differences in the coriolis force parameter (which is small in the southern part of the storm and larger in the north)

this effect can be temporarily overwhelmed by larger forces, such as giant ridges blocking a hurricane's path, like Florence as it approached the coast, but over time the hurricane will make it to the polar regions.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005

Don Pigeon posted:

I think this is impossible even if the tropics had no land because of the Beta Effect.

essentially, as a tropical storm grows in size and wind speed, it is "forced" to curve northward due to differences in the coriolis force parameter (which is small in the southern part of the storm and larger in the north)

this effect can be temporarily overwhelmed by larger forces, such as giant ridges blocking a hurricane's path, like Florence as it approached the coast, but over time the hurricane will make it to the polar regions.

explain jupiter then nerd

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Food Boner posted:

explain jupiter then nerd

i don't even know especially since the great red spot is a high-pressure system. jupiter is weird!!

edit: also there's almost no friction in jupiter's atmosphere because of a lack of a solid surface, so that definitely changes things

Don Pigeon has issued a correction as of 17:04 on Sep 19, 2018

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Pictured above; we left this America loving bamboo shoot because we are idiots who forgot back porches exist. Moderate damage to its vase but otherwise unharmed.

The right side of a hastily dug retention pond the owner attempted to dig so he could catch a category 4 hurricane like in scooby doo

The left side of the same retention pond

Car on the right is mine sharing its traditional parking spot with our new pal The Fence

I'm almost 100% certain that isn't where we left that

Parking lot doing a lot better with tinder than I ever will

Our fence protecting the adjacent storage units from the evil eye of mankind is now more of a drawbridge.

This section meanwhile has disappeared entirely

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the missing fence section

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

its really windy here in england rn

:rip:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
groverpond

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

coke posted:

good try hog farmers you are still more full of poo poo than your loving open air pig sewers

Fixed.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Nice pics. Do you think that anyone will fix that ditch?

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/danspinelli902/status/1042458609169432578?s=19

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

https://twitter.com/JoePerticone/status/1042458427912597509

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Megillah Gorilla posted:

If you see a floating mass of fire ants like that, would pouring detergent on them make them sink?

It's surface tension keeping them afloat so yeah a surfactant on them should drown a lot of ants

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Addamere posted:

can someone clue me into what about a hurricane makes domestic abuse more likely or was that just something trump's brain spiders came up with

Suffering and hardship tends to bring out the worst in abusers especially when the people they are abusing have no possible outs due to hosed up infrastructure

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Okay, I like the president now!!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I sincerely doubt the ditch gets fixed

There are many more pics to follow but image uploading is incredibly difficult atm

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I also stopped in on an old friend who remained during the storm so until imgbb is ready to work with me I leave you with this

https://youtu.be/33hKJjLFrm0

reignofevil has issued a correction as of 19:55 on Sep 19, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

It's surface tension keeping them afloat so yeah a surfactant on them should drown a lot of ants

Why are you trying to kill eusocial insects?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

I also stopped in on an old friend who remained during the storm so until imgbb is ready to work with me I leave you with this

https://youtu.be/33hKJjLFrm0

It's hard to hold my umbrella and smoke at the same time

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

*obama voice* if you like the trash blown into your yard by a massive hurricane-flood, you can keep it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
a pretty nice cooler floated into my yard after matthew. none of my neighbors claimed it, so it's been sitting on my back deck ever since

i didn't bother bringing it in last week because i figured if my yard floods again and it floats off, someone else should get to enjoy it for a while