Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

i dont like this guuy

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Famous TV Dad posted:

i dont like this guuy

He's Games as hell

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's right and it's hosed up that you can't remap the buttons so you can play SMB3 like god intended, thumb draped over Y/B and using your knuckle for jumps.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Nostradingus posted:

He's Games as hell

-_-

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

guy who regularly puts out 40 minute videos gushing about games he loves: games as hell

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I don't know who he is, I just saw his whiny tweets.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

bitching about poo poo you dont know is games as hell, die

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yoshi, the game, really is that bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played it for 5 minutes and felt my brain melting in real time. It's terrible

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i had yoshi as a kid lmao

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i had yoshi as a kid lmao

Lol drat. I loved some yoshi GBC game that I think was part of those reskinned Game and Watch collections, I should try and play those again bc I got one of them as a gift and played it obsessively for months.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i know some people love it but i really dislike dr mario too

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yoshi, the game, really is that bad

I was very excited when I saw it then immediately filled with regret after loading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

i know some people love it but i really dislike dr mario too

there's no world in which I would launch this when I have PPT on the dash right there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got Yoshi with my OG gameboy so it was probably one of my first ever games. It was psychotic and I don't know why I didn't quit gaming on the spot

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I rented Yoshi as a child and was not pleased with my choice

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

should have had yoshis cookie instead

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Famous TV Dad posted:

i dont like this guuy

Nostradingus posted:

He's Games as hell

Says the two people who truly are games as hell and shouldn’t post here

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

He's right and it's hosed up that you can't remap the buttons so you can play SMB3 like god intended, thumb draped over Y/B and using your knuckle for jumps.

gently caress gently caress

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

$20 a year is next to nothing but if the controls are that hosed, i'll wait until Smash. i'm not playing $60 for nes controllers when you can get a uSB NES controller for $8 and plug it into an emulator

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Bicyclops posted:

$20 a year is next to nothing but if the controls are that hosed, i'll wait until Smash. i'm not playing $60 for nes controllers when you can get a uSB NES controller for $8 and plug it into an emulator
You can get an $8 USB NES controller and plug it into your Switch.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
nintendo's continued attempts to foist yoshi on people when giving away nes games is the most inexplicable poo poo. the really early stuff like ice climber and tennis i can understand because its their first games but yoshi is just a really lovely late era puzzle game

dr mario was a suckass slow as hell boring fuckin game until they made the mode where you get L shaped pills in dr luigi which made it faster paced and easier to make combos. thank you luigi

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

60 dollar nes controllers is bullshit lol. the service is really cheap and every system does this now so whatever but Ill also wait til smash cause theres no reason to turn on the switch until then

if they start adding snes and gba games to the catalogue and actually put current games on sale itll be an amazing value but nintendo has always had their head up their rear end about both those things so im not holding my breath

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
$60 NES controllers is fine. A good quality bluetooth controller will run you $20-30, and you're getting two of them and they're Nintendo made. I'm not going to buy them cause lol, but I'd be hard pressed to call it bullshit.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

nintendo's continued attempts to foist yoshi on people when giving away nes games is the most inexplicable poo poo. the really early stuff like ice climber and tennis i can understand because its their first games but yoshi is just a really lovely late era puzzle game

dr mario was a suckass slow as hell boring fuckin game until they made the mode where you get L shaped pills in dr luigi which made it faster paced and easier to make combos. thank you luigi

I never understood the love for dr mario

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Going from Puyo to Dr. Mario is brain breaking. It's like being sent back to the 1200s. Inconceivable.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Says the two people who truly are games as hell and shouldn’t post here

i will never stop defending nintendo from the haters

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

the controls are fine, dude. the A button is mapped to A, B button is mapped to both B and Y. like, you cant invert the buttons i guess, but... who cares

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

HolePisser1982 posted:

the controls are fine, dude. the A button is mapped to A, B button is mapped to both B and Y. like, you cant invert the buttons i guess, but... who cares
There's a reason God's platformer, Super Mario World moved run to Y and jump to B with the SNES 4 button controller configuration. The names of the buttons are kind of meaningless when they're not in their original layout.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Super Game Boy let you remap to Y and B

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Unfortunately the controller remapping technology was lost along with the moon landing calculations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

(Gets up before sunrise and takes a deep breath of crisp mountain air) Ah... Nintendo games.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Look at this bitch who didn't split the cost of online with friends who will play NES games with you over the internet. Pathetic. And some kind of an anime avatar too. Maybe it's a drawing of himself. I don't even want to know.

E:. Not being able to remap buttons sucks dick. I want put jump on y and run on b for Mario 3 so I can mash jump with the raccoon tail and hold the run button at the same time.

Stan Taylor fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 19, 2018

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Unfortunately the controller remapping technology was lost along with the moon landing calculations.

lol

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not as good as button remapping, but you can use X for B.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

just take off the right joycon and rotate it as you wish

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i think the 'true nintendo fan' thing is not to defend the garbage way they treat their legacy software. it's been like this since the wii and i' m sick of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Zas posted:

i think the 'true nintendo fan' thing is not to defend the garbage way they treat their legacy software. it's been like this since the wii and i' m sick of it

This.