Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I forgot this Graxx wallpaper by Kevin-Glint

What an amazing snype.

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Hek is better damage-wise if you don't build the Vaykor for Crit. But if you build the Vaykor for crit, it quickly starts outstripping the regular Hek. The Vaykor also has the AoE Blast and health recovery burst built-in, no need to add a mod to get it.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

ElegantFugue posted:

Hek is better damage-wise if you don't build the Vaykor for Crit. But if you build the Vaykor for crit, it quickly starts outstripping the regular Hek. The Vaykor also has the AoE Blast and health recovery burst built-in, no need to add a mod to get it.

Where's the "Vaykor Hek puts the fear of an unknowable meta-god into regular god" image?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

DelphiAegis posted:

Where's the "Vaykor Hek puts the fear of an unknowable meta-god into regular god" image?
It was just a regular Hek.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
question: I love colors. i love them so much that'll waste my money i saved up to buy new palettes for my frames. but there's days i wanna save money so i was wondering what are the requirments to meet baro ti'keer? i heard he sometimes has some palettes on him (one of which has purple...love purple).

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Baro sells things for credits and Ducats. Ducats are from handing in various prime parts to the void trader booth on a relay, on the right hand spur as you come in in the central X hub bit. And I guess you need access to the right relay.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Baro cycles which relays he visits; On PC, the ones on earth and mercury have no requirement, the one on saturn demands MR 4 and the one on Pluto MR 8. Besides that, there's no restrictions on him besides being able to get the ducats and the cash.

It is, however, pretty rare for Baro to bring palettes. I've only started playing this a few months ago but so far I've only seen him bring them once.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Operation Plague Star is coming back online! :dance: From today @ 2pm ET until the 30th

Pervis
Jan 12, 2001

YOSPOS

DoombatINC posted:

Operation Plague Star is coming back online! :dance: From today @ 2pm ET until the 30th

What are the must get items from Plague Star? The last one was right after I started so I missed actually using any of my operational supply standing.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

At long last! Time to build a properly broken zaw!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pervis posted:

What are the must get items from Plague Star? The last one was right after I started so I missed actually using any of my operational supply standing.
The plague zaw parts are the most important, but it's also a good source of gems, wisps, and prebuilt forma.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh good! Maybe I can sell my surplus kripath riven for a bonus since more people can access the weapon.

I used to be stubbornly self sufficient when it came to baro. Nowadays I think I’ll plat buy what I can off pubs and only spend ducks on vanity items. Those rares are better off being sold for plat than ducks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I logged in for the first time in 3 days and got 50% off, so I bought Mesa. I think that's all the bullshit frames done. Ivara just came out of the foundry and I bought Nidus, Octavia, Harrow and Saryn a while ago.

Just Atlas to go, but I understand the requirements on that just got reduced. And Revenant, and a bunch of primes.

Then the deluxe skins, then I win!

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Is Saryn really that bad? I farmed her up by accident mostly while trying to get Chroma built.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Saryn's great, who the hell told you otherwise?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

njsykora posted:

Saryn's great, who the hell told you otherwise?

I think they mean the grind for Saryn is bad. Which it isn't, it's a normal star-chart boss, albeit a frustrating one at times. I wouldn't put Saryn in the same sentence as Nidus, Harrow, or Octavia in terms of lovely grinds. Equinox, on the other hand. . .

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah, the Saryn grind is one of the worst boss grinds behind Equinox and Atlas. I've gotten 1 Saryn systems from a lot of time running Kela and I used it for Chroma.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

hoobajoo posted:

I think they mean the grind for Saryn is bad. Which it isn't, it's a normal star-chart boss, albeit a frustrating one at times. I wouldn't put Saryn in the same sentence as Nidus, Harrow, or Octavia in terms of lovely grinds. Equinox, on the other hand. . .

Well remember that it's Kela de Thaym so you need to farm points to farm the boss, which kind of sucks.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Cicadalek posted:

Well remember that it's Kela de Thaym so you need to farm points to farm the boss, which kind of sucks.

Sure, but the other side of it is that if you have an Oberon spamming his 1 she dies hilariously fast.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Cicadalek posted:

I did forget about that, fair point.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bullshit frames as in the bullshit you go through to get them.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Bullshit frames as in the bullshit you go through to get them.

They're also all bullshit good; DE balancing for grind.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Can't imagine spending Plat buying Mesa post patch, personally.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Does anyone have any good weapons/builds for killing lephantis with minimal pain for this event? A lot of the meta options I use ad nauseum for other stuff (amprex, atomos, tigris prime) seem underwhelming against it, and I'm not really sure of the mechanical reason why.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

Does anyone have any good weapons/builds for killing lephantis with minimal pain for this event? A lot of the meta options I use ad nauseum for other stuff (amprex, atomos, tigris prime) seem underwhelming against it, and I'm not really sure of the mechanical reason why.

My go to method is Mirage with a Corrosive Tiberon P or Rubico.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I like to take it on with my Ferrox, but then I'll take any damned excuse to bust that thing out :xd:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

high rate of fire works best, imo

the best plague star runs I did previously involved a slowva and a titania; Nova does crowd control with 4 and then chain-explodes everyone, titania uses razorwing blitz to get truly absurd fire rate and just wrecks the lephantis heads

an oberon or trinity for healing is nice. oberon's grass is also useful CC. 4th can be whatever you want.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I cant find the place to buy plague zaw parts. People tell me it's Nakak, but he only has the usual masks. What am I missing?

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Terry van Feleday posted:

Baro cycles which relays he visits; On PC, the ones on earth and mercury have no requirement, the one on saturn demands MR 4 and the one on Pluto MR 8. Besides that, there's no restrictions on him besides being able to get the ducats and the cash.

It is, however, pretty rare for Baro to bring palettes. I've only started playing this a few months ago but so far I've only seen him bring them once.

ah man. i do hope he gets some soon. i think it happen a few months ago. good enough time to farm for credits and get crazy rich!!

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

The best runs I ever did were 4x rhinos with high crit, high ROF weapons. All 4 use roar for insane damage boosts and one stomps to freeze the heads open. Maybe swap one for a vampire trinity.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

Can't imagine spending Plat buying Mesa post patch, personally.
I don't have any Salad co-ords, so the prospect of doing an infested invasion (assuming any of the right alerts are up) and then waiting a day or two for the co-ords to arrive, then the key to build so I can do one attempt at a mission without matchmaking because my internet is poo poo; then repeating that whole process somewhere between 10 and 27 times... I really can't be arsed.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
I have my mesa and I have a spare key, I'm willing to host it for people who need. I'll keep doing this whenever I get salad coords.

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Whom amongst us wouldn’t want their neck snapped by THE Kela de Thaym?

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Sephyr posted:

I cant find the place to buy plague zaw parts. People tell me it's Nakak, but he only has the usual masks. What am I missing?

Nakak should have an alternate option in the dialogue tree that opens another shop window where you can buy the plague star goodies.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
You also have to rep up to be able to get the zaw bits, and the forma, right?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Fruity20 posted:

question: I love colors. i love them so much that'll waste my money i saved up to buy new palettes for my frames. but there's days i wanna save money so i was wondering what are the requirments to meet baro ti'keer? i heard he sometimes has some palettes on him (one of which has purple...love purple).

I mean, I'd argue that the Baro Palette is going to be more effort/expense than finding good parts and selling them for plat to buy color palettes. I remember it was something like 450 ducats Oh only 220 ducats + 220k credits.... not bad I guess. Also keep in mind that various holidays have essentially free (like 1 credit) color palettes. See Wiki: https://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Color_Picker_Extension

So Easter, Halloween, Saint Patrick's Day, Valentine's... huh... I guess the US flag one was only available free for once...

Helter Skelter posted:

The plague zaw parts are the most important, but it's also a good source of gems, wisps, and prebuilt forma.

I was just thinking I need Radian Sentrium, but I did a mining run the other day without boosters (suggested run from the guide), and I got like 8 Radian Sentrium in one go (and 3 Nyth Hearts).

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I missed gamma and I’m still mad about it

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I remember the last time plauge star came around they modified the boss to put some kind of weird cap on damage? He still like that? Whats the best way to take care of him nowadays?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It's still a good single target corrosive/blast modded weapon. If there is a damage cap on it then high fire rate weapons would be the way to go, I was just shredding it with a tiberon p on semi auto though. So high damage, hitscan, high fire rate guns are probably going to be best. This would explain why Titania's Dex Pixia work so well.

Outside of that just frames that can boost damage or slow or stun the boss, which is great for new players because Rhino is great for both. Large crowd control stuff is pretty handy for dealing with the constant and increasingly dense stream of infested.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You need to be very careful about when you stun or slow the boss, or you just extend how long it's covering up the vulnerable bits.

Depending on how good your group is, running only two or three hemacytes (and all 4 of the other thing) is probably faster rep per min than running all four.