Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

spog posted:

What is it like going around corners?

Extremely agile and more stabile than a motorcycle. You can be very aggressive in corners with those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

spog posted:

To contribute, I'm buying a coding course at the local University, to help me not be a broken construction worker in 10 years.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

A first it seemed cumbersome due to the extra weight, but once you start leaning with the bike, it's nice and smooth.

Cool leany wheels!

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online
No pics, but Southwest's fall sale is going on so I went ahead and bought my tickets to visit home (Nashville) in December.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Extremely agile and more stabile than a motorcycle. You can be very aggressive in corners with those things.

Speaking of, my buddy just finished building a classic Mini that he dropped a Yamaha R1 motor into. I need to ride in it very soon.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
I spent the weekend in a city twice the size of the one i live in, and stocked up on books, embroidery floss, pisco and fancy european cookies.

And my mom gave me a bunch of carrots, cucumbers, and brussels sprouts from her garden :)

I love a good (non-internet) shopping binge!

MNIMWA
Dec 1, 2014

I bought some D&D dice and a new watch:

I've been wearing the all-black version of the f-91w for a long time but lost it a few weeks back so I thought I'd upgrade to a spiffier version

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

MNIMWA posted:

I've been wearing the all-black version of the f-91w for a long time but lost it a few weeks back so I thought I'd upgrade to a spiffier version

'lost' = 'used it as a timing device'?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
poo poo man, don't post that here! Lowtax's dusty old bones, full of green dust, can't handle another FBI visit.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

ChocNitty posted:

I know everyone already who has an xb1 has played it but:

Only $3 new and shipped from the microsoft store. I cant even ship 1 ounce via first class for 3 bucks. Received it in less than 24 hours too.

This is a loving fantastic buy! Sunset Overdrive is hands down my favorite game for the XB1, and never really got a fair shake...

I'm still holding out hope for a sequel

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Bought mileage upgrades for a flight to Japan I'm taking in a couple of days, but I'm only Gold and there's two of us and I don't know how many are left in the upgrade list ahead of me and there is presently only 1 C fare available, and 3 J that I don't know if will be released to C, so who knows if they'll actually clear. Bah. This will be so much easier next year if I make Platinum.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

MNIMWA posted:

This is awesome, I've had the black one for a few years now and have been thinking of getting a fancier model too.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

No packages are being delivered to my house today.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I bought a bunch of more books. I don't have enough free time though to read :negative:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I just ordered two publix foot long subs for $5.99 each. :getin:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I made a mistake a package was outside.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

rockcity posted:

Speaking of, my buddy just finished building a classic Mini that he dropped a Yamaha R1 motor into. I need to ride in it very soon.

I missed this before but :psyduck:

I've ridden an engine swapped Ruckus before and that was fun but scary as hell. Those small wheels aren't meant to do 85mph.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Digital Jedi posted:

I bought a bunch of more books. I don't have enough free time though to read :negative:

why do you hate america

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Trying to make your bookshelf look like it belongs to someone who reads more than just lovely fantasy novels?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

I missed this before but :psyduck:

I've ridden an engine swapped Ruckus before and that was fun but scary as hell. Those small wheels aren't meant to do 85mph.

It's been in progress for like the 4 years I have known him because he can't stop buying other cars and motorcycles and building houses. I need to ride in it badly. Apparently it has a learning curve and he wants to get used to it before he really takes people out. I should dig up a photo. The thing is hilarious looking as it is super green and has a huge roof rack. It is the dumbest thing in the best way.

Edit: This is in Orlando btw so keep your eyes peeled for it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

rockcity posted:

It's been in progress for like the 4 years I have known him because he can't stop buying other cars and motorcycles and building houses. I need to ride in it badly. Apparently it has a learning curve and he wants to get used to it before he really takes people out. I should dig up a photo. The thing is hilarious looking as it is super green and has a huge roof rack. It is the dumbest thing in the best way.

Edit: This is in Orlando btw so keep your eyes peeled for it.

Speaking of, do you have any recs for a good local motorcycle shop? I need someone good with small engines to give my bike a solid tune up/rebuild.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Speaking of, do you have any recs for a good local motorcycle shop? I need someone good with small engines to give my bike a solid tune up/rebuild.

I don't and I need one too. My SV650 is giving me problems. I got some rust in the tank and it messed up my fuel pump so I took off the tank, removed the rust and coated the inside the tank and bought a new fuel pump. Somewhere in that process something happened with the electrical system and now I can't get the bike to power up at all. I'm getting power from the battery to certain areas, but I'm out of ideas from there. I need to find a shop and someone to help me get my bike there or a bike mechanic who's willing to come diagnose the problem at my house.

Also, here is that Mini.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Need the engine bay moneyshot

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007
Bleep boop

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

rockcity posted:

I don't and I need one too. My SV650 is giving me problems. I got some rust in the tank and it messed up my fuel pump so I took off the tank, removed the rust and coated the inside the tank and bought a new fuel pump. Somewhere in that process something happened with the electrical system and now I can't get the bike to power up at all. I'm getting power from the battery to certain areas, but I'm out of ideas from there. I need to find a shop and someone to help me get my bike there or a bike mechanic who's willing to come diagnose the problem at my house.

Also, here is that Mini.

When I was a little kid back in England in the early seventies my parents had a friend who was 6'7".

He drove a Mini. :smithicide:

He'd fold himself into that little thing and there would be barely enough room for anyone else. Being tiny I could fit alright. Then he'd go tearing around through traffic, including the horrid "Spaghetti Junction" of motorways around Birmingham. It was like being on a skateboard, and that's with the original wimpy engine. I can't imagine one with real power.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Jefinabox posted:

Bleep boop

Thats a lot of bleeps and boops. Do you hover touch the knobs like DJs while it plays music?

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

Thats a lot of bleeps and boops. Do you hover touch the knobs like DJs while it plays music?

Haha I really do. I've just started learning to play really and this only arrived yesterday so I've spent about an hour listening to the presets. I'm basically rocking demo mode.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Diamonds are worthless and irresponsible, but it's important to her so here we go!!!

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Diamonds are worthless and irresponsible, but it's important to her so here we go!!!

Woah, I bought the same design but with a sapphire (I have similar hangups about diamonds). Goonspeed.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I got a Patagonia Nano Puff jacket

I've been after one for a couple of years now but haven't been too keen on paying full (£180) price for one, but Amazon were selling them brand new for £120 yesterday for some reason so I snagged that poo poo as soon as I saw it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Woah, I bought the same design but with a sapphire (I have similar hangups about diamonds). Goonspeed.

We opted for a big emerald with some little diamonds around it. Maybe word is getting around that what truly matters is that you wear a very expensive rock on your finger but which kind of rock isn't super important.

I bought a cheap monitor stand, cheap headphone hanger, and an overly expensive X-men toy Sentinel.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

I'm sorry mama, I spent the gas money on the dang alien stomper shoes

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Digital Jedi posted:

No Noam Chomsky?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I cure my own meat and am greedy so I picked one of these up so I can store my meat creations longer instead of giving them to friends.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Also useful for sous vide if you ever get into that

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

djfooboo posted:

Need the engine bay moneyshot

Ask and ye shall receive.

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
After much waffling I bought a paid of AirPods. Also a new bag of coffee beans.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Some car and doggo maintenance:

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Dick Trauma posted:

When I was a little kid back in England in the early seventies my parents had a friend who was 6'7".

He drove a Mini. :smithicide:

He'd fold himself into that little thing and there would be barely enough room for anyone else. Being tiny I could fit alright. Then he'd go tearing around through traffic, including the horrid "Spaghetti Junction" of motorways around Birmingham. It was like being on a skateboard, and that's with the original wimpy engine. I can't imagine one with real power.
That sounds like some dreams I've had that were not bad enough to be nightmares, but were certainly not good.

I ordered the following:
in pink
in green
in navy
the brown one

Recently I replaced one of my two part-time jobs with another, better one (why am I so depressed typing that sentence?) and I need real grown-up clothes because people at this new job don't wear jeans. Unfortunately these clothes are not going to look the same way on me as they do on the models because I am the size of two models glued together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Slimy Hog posted:

I cure my own meat and am greedy so I picked one of these up so I can store my meat creations longer instead of giving them to friends.

I've been thinking of getting one of these.

They can do the sealing without the vacuuming?

Any buying tips?