Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

huh, I didn't know that if you evolved a Pikachu, Cubone, or Exeggcute in Ultra Space they'd become their Kanto forms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I stopped by GameStop and got two codes for that shiny pigglepoodle or whatever. One day I’ll play my copy of Ultra Moon, get to level 40, and be able to play him. That is my story of the day.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I would be 100% fine with dropping the yearly release schedule of Pretty Good Game -> Improved Version Of That Game and going to a two-year development cycle of Let's Go -> More Polished Very Good Game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQfhwZykSOc

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I would be 100% fine with dropping the yearly release schedule of Pretty Good Game -> Improved Version Of That Game and going to a two-year development cycle of Let's Go -> More Polished Very Good Game.

Bring back the Ranger, Mystery Dungeon, Orre, and Stadium games to hold people over between core series releases

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Took me 30 minutes of False Swiping, but finally caught the Kyogre in an Ultra Ball! I’m pumped!

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Looks like you can pre-order the special edition Switch bundle from the GameStop website now.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

mew pay to win

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Import your ten billion candy fodder pokemon from PoGo
Mulch them
Feed them to your team
???
Steamroll the game

And if you don't have ten billion pokemon in PoGo by now - especially once learning months ago that the games connect - then what are you even doing with it installed on your phone?

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vinylshadow posted:

Mulch them
Feed them to your team
???
Steamroll the game

And if you don't have ten billion pokemon in PoGo by now - especially once learning months ago that the games connect - then what are you even doing with it installed on your phone?

I wonder if the badges will still have the base RBY functionality of "your mons go crazy unless you have the badges" though? I imagine that's how they get around this but who knows!? Ash walking out of Pallet with a Mewtwo would be kinda hilarious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vinylshadow posted:

Mulch them
Feed them to your team
???
Steamroll the game

If Serebii is right, you can't get to your Go stuff until Fuchsia so you have quite a bit of game before that becomes possible. Meanwhile, Mew is likely something you can get immediately and just break the game in half - so long as you're willing to pay extra, after all, because Pokemon has finally finished that last step from f2p to p2w.

It shouldn't even be neccesary though, it's a Pokemon game, but it's still something I just can't agree with.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

have they confirmed there's no bank functionality etc yet

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

If Serebii is right, you can't get to your Go stuff until Fuchsia so you have quite a bit of game before that becomes possible. Meanwhile, Mew is likely something you can get immediately and just break the game in half - so long as you're willing to pay extra, after all, because Pokemon has finally finished that last step from f2p to p2w.

It shouldn't even be neccesary though, it's a Pokemon game, but it's still something I just can't agree with.
There's nothing stopping you from breaking any pokemon game in half by trading yourself Mew from any other pokemon game. I think this is a pretty silly thing to call p2w. Pokemon has never really tried to stop you from stomping all over its difficulty curve.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Amppelix posted:

There's nothing stopping you from breaking any pokemon game in half by trading yourself Mew from any other pokemon game. I think this is a pretty silly thing to call p2w. Pokemon has never really tried to stop you from stomping all over its difficulty curve.

Yes, which, as you may read, I said in my post: it's a Pokemon game, it'll still be easy. But no previous game literally told you "pay $50 for this super-mon!!!". Of all the things in Let's Go I'm not fond of, which are fine because they aren't ever leaving this game and I'm sure they appeal to other people, this one's the worst because it may genuinely stay, after all, no company has ever been against getting easy money off people. Events are bad enough as-is, making them paid DLC is completely unacceptable.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
The Therian Formes were essentially paid DLC back in gen V.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The thing that gets me the most is that the fifty dollar peripheral comes with a Pokemon you can obtain with relative ease in Go already. You could start up Go right now and finish the Mew quest before the game releases.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
It's worth $50 to not have to leave the house.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

The Mew in GO cannot be transferred because it's one-of-a-kind.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Man, the Pokeball costs less than the Red/Blue Joycons.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=dp_bc_4?ie=UTF8&node=16329781011

e: Less than most Joycons, even, good lord why do Joycons cost so much.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alxprit posted:

Oh. Nevermind then.

Still lame to have to pay a fifty to get a pokemon that's wildly available in other games.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Alxprit posted:

i can't keep track of all my one of a kind mews

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I would buy the Pokéball controller even if I wasn't buying the game because it's a drat Pokéball controller. In 20 years it'll look great on a shelf next to the Pikachu N64.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

whenever i'm bored with let's go pikachu i'll just be able to resell the pokeball for like $10 less than i purchased it

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

whenever i'm bored with let's go pikachu i'll just be able to resell the pokeball for like $10 less than i purchased it

So a day later then

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

probably not

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

less laughter posted:

So a day later then

Indeed. Where once LHC physics researchers could congregate in small circles theorycrafting optimal competitive ability and held item teams, now is left a wasteland for the concrete-pourers of the world to fart and smoke in the streets as they mindlessly catch pokemon with their joycons before going home sexless and alone. Pokemon: Let's Go, the end of an era.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

the $500 + tax i'm spending on the pikachu bundle + a 2nd eevee bundle for my girlfriend has been worth every dollar so far just because of the wailing and gnashing of teeth from pokemon fans who are deaf/can't read

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Siets posted:

Indeed. Where once LHC physics researchers could congregate in small circles theorycrafting optimal competitive ability and held item teams, now is left a wasteland for the concrete-pourers of the world to fart and smoke in the streets as they mindlessly catch pokemon with their joycons before going home sexless and alone. Pokemon: Let's Go, the end of an era.

are you okay

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Pokemon Let's Go will not be particularly challenging or engaging but it will be pleasant to look at and fun for children and people nostalgic for RBY and that's okay.

I also hope that the Pokeball controller will not be locked only to Go games and be used in next year's core game so that I can bring a wide variety of buddies with me. I miss the PokeWalker.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

it's gonna be nice because the pokeball is gonna work with pokemon go and it's rechargable so much better than the original version +++++

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

It's gonna be nice because maybe this thread will stop gnashing it's teeth about Let's Go being the End of Pokemon As We Know It.

Anyway, have a friend.

source

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm just confused they felt hold items and abilities were to complex but EVs and IVs? Let's keep those

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Onmi posted:

I'm just confused they felt hold items and abilities were to complex but EVs and IVs? Let's keep those

Hold items and abilities weren't in RBY. A form of EVs and IVs were. That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Onmi posted:

They couldn't remove IVs because they were in Go. EVs seem to be there entirely to justify the candy system.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For the record, Friday is going to be my day where I try to source codes! Look forward to it!

No promises on the treasure trove again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
A guy where I work has his id badge on a Pokemon laniard. :allears:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Ultima66 posted:

Hold items and abilities weren't in RBY.

Neither were Mega Evos, Alolan Variants, and Fairy-, Steel- and Dark-types.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m a couple of hours into Ultra Moon now. The graphics in this game seem a lot prettier than XY/ORAS.

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Super No Vacancy posted:

have they confirmed there's no bank functionality etc yet

Good question. Anyone know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

chaosapiant posted:

I’m a couple of hours into Ultra Moon now. The graphics in this game seem a lot prettier than XY/ORAS.

yup, somewhere between Gen 6 and Gen 7 Game Freak figured out how to do realistically portioned models for characters. Alola as a whole is really great to travel around. the price? makes the 3DS chug like an old Honda